Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ok, to be clear, there's two separate parts here: the arch, which is the bar part that sticks up and engages with the cleat (2 per side per pedal) and the spring (coiled thing in the pedal body.) You're talking about the arch, which is also what I mentioned. Toast and others mentioned the spring. Both could cause this problem.

Check both.
    All true. And for whatever it's worth, I've broken both. The spring breaking seems to be more common for me.

the new power grips for your flats, made from rare earths and such so they'll never let you down. no clicking sound = clipless

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Ok, to be clear, there's two separate parts here: the arch, which is the bar part that sticks up and engages with the cleat (2 per side per pedal) and the spring (coiled thing in the pedal body.) You're talking about the arch, which is also what I mentioned. Toast and others mentioned the spring. Both could cause this problem.

Check both.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I wasn't able to find any cracks in the torsion springs or arches. The arches are definitely nicked up, possibly bent but not in any way that's obvious to the naked eye. The arch on the side that is causing problems does seem to have more back and forth play than any of the other arches. Maybe it's a combination of play, minor bend, etc. It looks like my torsion springs lever into the body, not any sort of pin (unless you're talking about bending the tail of the spring?), so short of bending the arch I'm not sure if there's any remedy.

Remy rides Speciale 8s apparently so they'll probably perform acceptably for me.

I got MX4s and theyíre fine. Donít need adjustments. I weigh 170 and bike weighs 31 so whatís a few oz?

Been riding HT T1’s for a few months now & they’ve become my favorite pedal. https://www.bikemag.com/gear/compone...w-ht-t1-pedal/

Easy to clip in to, and a retention feel sorta in between Shimano and Crank bros. Generally good rep on the spinny bits longevity apparently.

SRAM buys Time.

SRAM really wants in on the pedal-based powermeter gravy train

Which platformy Time pedals do I want?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

HT T1 or Time Speciale 8? Go!
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    HT T1 or Time Speciale 8? Go!
    I'm a speciale 8 guy. Have had two pairs for a few years now - totally happy with them. No issues whatsoever. Same feel and reliability as the old time z's, but several pounds lighter.

What clipless pedals

Any justifiable reason to spring for the 12ís?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Any justifiable reason to spring for the 12’s?
    They have a bigger platform. That's about it. Personally, I'm more than happy to pay half the price for the 8's.

12ís also let you put pins in the rear of the pedal (8 is front pins only). Check the EU sites like bike-discount, bike24, bike-components etc. Time pedals were almost half off compared to LBS here in Canada.

I bought a pair of 12ís as my first clipless pedals for mtb, have 4 rides on them so far and liking them. One thing that surprised me coming from flats is what float actually feels like. Turns out I like and am used to the feeling of my shoes not moving at all on flats once they are placed correctly (Five Ten Freerider Pros on Race Face Atlas), so it was a weird slightly scary feeling when my clipless shoes could move around while descending, but after a few rides I am used to it. Im using the 13 degree setting on the cleats. Climbing is way better right away although I am still a bit nervous committing to technical moves as clipping out isnít second nature yet.

Iíve ridden clipless on road for the last year (SPD SL) so that helped on the transition. Certainly feels like less float and more ďlocked inĒ on the road system then again Iím not descending rough terrain.