WTB - 29” boost fork, 29” wheelset for hardtail project

I’m gonna be building up a Guerilla Gravity Pedalhead with 29” wheels for a wide variety of uses ... wet weather riding, mellow baby riding (via Thule Yepp Next Mini), flow trails / (small) jump line days, loaner bike for out of town friends to use on Oakridge trails (mostly steep fast soft loam).

Edit: all good, ended up buying the exact fork and wheelset I needed. Thanks mags!

29” Wheelset
    Ideally:
    -~33mm internal width +/- 3mm.
    I’m thinking of running 2.6” up front and 2.4” in back. Haven’t decided on Maxxis or Bontrager yet, will probably switch back and forth ...

-28F / 32R for spokes ... I’m pretty light, but then again this is for a hardtail ... so I guess my ideal would be 28/32

-Some hubs that can handle a bit of neglect and pacific northwet conditions ...

-6-bolt, but I’d consider centerlock for the right price

Must be:
    -Boost spacing
    -XD compatible (or can easily/cheaply swap freehub shell)
    -No freaking Novatec hubs!!!!

Cheers and happy trails!
    Last edited by SchralphMacchio; 10-07-2019 at 03:35 PM.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I want a pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

A boost 38 pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

With fingernails that shine like justice.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Bump for wheelset. Anyone?

Just bought a brand new Pike 29” Dual Position Air for a great deal.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Bump because I still want a pony and Shralph still wants his ideal wheelset.

Actually I ended up getting a ridiculous deal on VeloMine for a wheelset built up with SRAM 900 hubs and Fratelli FX35 rims. Not the lightest but the hubs were right and price was impossible to beat ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell