Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Beauty lookin' zone, hefe. Had a dream one time that the back side of the plateau/ridge kinda ne of alder point draining into trinity valley at Silver Star looked like this. Woke up and did a hasty google earth of it....nope.
    Oh my, I thought I was the only one with these kind of dreams. A few times I have woken up so excited about a new, hidden zones... seems so real.

Glad to see people still getting out safely!

El Hefe surely is true to his name amazing zone
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Oh my, I thought I was the only one with these kind of dreams. A few times I have woken up so excited about a new, hidden zones... seems so real.

Glad to see people still getting out safely!
    You know, Alive, in a kinda/sorta/similar but different way; sometimes those dreams actually do manifest in reality...to wit: The roadside Lavington/Lumby lines...i'm not a local, so, 25 years ago when I first laid eyes on 'em on a road trip from Prince Rupert to Nelson I thought holy fawk that'd be awesome skiing if it ever had snowpack. Pulled the car over at a bunch of different spots to gaze at the pieces of the terrain and envision ski line flow. Seeing how arid it is around yer 'hood, I never really thought those solar aspect flanks ever got enough snow to ski...had a few dreams about it over the past few decades...then a few winters ago, the stars aligned, I happened to be there in position and laid some tracks. Life is weird and awesome.
    Master of mediocrity.

Yeah I have those dreams all the time too. The south stuff above lavington was great this year. Went up mid jan on my bday and measured 140cm at the top. Still snow on them. I think today is the last day for any decent snow, getting warm. Oh well its been good and my newly ACL -less right knee could use a rest.

Hope everyone is doing ok right now, I will say that getting out this past week has been great for the mental health, both mine and my wifes haha.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Safe distance?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR3711_1586485288909.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	324855

Name:	IMG_0298.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	696.4 KB 
ID:	324987
    My brother just posted this, from a trip we did 5 years ago today, traversing through Kokanee Park and staying in the closed cabins. This is the Woodbury Glacier is as perfect conditions as I can imagine. Skiing moderate angled corn close to home, every day like every other, right now.

That looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

My brother just posted this, from a trip we did 5 years ago today, traversing through Kokanee Park and staying in the closed cabins. This is the Woodbury Glacier is as perfect conditions as I can imagine. Skiing moderate angled corn close to home, every day like every other, right now.
    Nice pic, sure looks like a lot of powder 8s coming down. Leg burner?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Nice pic, sure looks like a lot of powder 8s coming down. Leg burner?
    Look closer, no eights, just the 3 of us keeping it tight (Austrian style) through the crevasses. Long runs, but effortless conditions and minimal burn.

What a gorgeous photo and I imagine a pretty fkn perfect day!

Look closer, no eights, just the 3 of us keeping it tight (Austrian style) through the crevasses. Long runs, but effortless conditions and minimal burn.

Sweet run KOOT'S! Looks a long one for that neck of the woods. Whats the Vert?

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Sweet run KOOT'S! Looks a long one for that neck of the woods. Whats the Vert?
    That pitch is ~ 2300’ according to the Google Earth.

Could have been nasty if this had happened before Big White closed

Name:  94197482_10157804183471953_8131726895084470272_n_p3453382.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  93.2 KB

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelown...ost-Inn#297697

that is bonkers!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

das hofbrauhaus, drank many a beer in the ajoining bar , it looks like the pool is closed for maintenance
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I dunno. Kinda like the open air alfresco vibe

Anyone know the condition of the Forster Creek FSR? Curious how far up you can drive a truck right now, might be getting close to being able to drive to the end of the road? I think there are some pano/invermere peeps in this thread?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Anyone know the condition of the Forster Creek FSR? Curious how far up you can drive a truck right now, might be getting close to being able to drive to the end of the road? I think there are some pano/invermere peeps in this thread?
    Road is open to the 33km turn around.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

End of the road is 42km, it will be a while before you can drive that far.

looks like up to 2ft above 2000m from todays storm. Going to pull the sleds out of the garage!

Quote Originally Posted by pano-dude View Post

Perfect thanks.
    Drive slow, homie.

F*ck yeah!

Anybody still touring sans sled in the Koots right now?

The ACC have cancelled our booking for the Asulkan Hut in November.

"Today, I am writing to inform you that the ACC has made the difficult decision to cancel all future hut bookings, including yours. I understand that all of our guests will have been looking forward to returning to the backcountry after a difficult spring and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Any monies that you have paid to date will be automatically refunded and you do not need to contact our office. If you are one of the few who were given a credit during our first round of cancellations, we will be in touch individually.

In the coming days we will begin with a limited re-opening of many of our huts and we will make an announcement regarding new guidelines for hut stays and new booking procedures for all of our facilities. These new policies will take into account the guidelines of the different jurisdictions in which we operate and will be put in place to provide the safest experience for you, our hut guests.

In general, you can expect to see reduced density in our huts and new sanitizing protocols in between our guests’ visits."

I don't see how it is practical to sanitize huts. I suspect that just leaving them empty for one night between bookings would reduce the risk of infection close to zero (even though small numbers of viruses can be detected on damp surfaces for longer).
    Last edited by nickinbc; 06-02-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Someone is looking forward to next winter. 32*C in the shade (at least), thunder rumbling in the distance and the guest house across the road is having Christmas lights installed in their trees

Name:	IMG_0075a.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	336042