Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 277
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kootenays
    Posts
    326
    Kootenay Pass was awesome, give me a pm if you wanna go up soon!

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    921
    Good storm hitting there today... 25ish in the forecast, hope it cools down a little.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    412
    Thinking of an impromptu Backcountry trip out of Castlegar/Slocan. Any beta on snowpack, freezing levels past few days? Goods to be had or not?

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,607
    We drove over Rogers Pass yesterday afternoon and it switched over from rain to snow at 850M elevation. A friend skied Revelstoke yesterday and said it was heavy powder of acceptable quality, but not light and fluffy. We are heading to a hut that is high elevation and I am fairly optimistic that the skiing will be good up there.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rossland BC
    Posts
    1,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Thinking of an impromptu Backcountry trip out of Castlegar/Slocan. Any beta on snowpack, freezing levels past few days? Goods to be had or not?
    The freezing level spiked at ~ 1600m yesterday (Friday) at Red, with good powder skiing still to be found on high North aspects. Temps are dropping, stability is improving, and thereís more snow in the forecast.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,773
    Fluffy at rogers pass summit to the road......switchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200125_120513.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	312337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200125_150417.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	312338

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    74
    Anyone have any beta on FL line in the Gorge area recently? Going to K3 Cats Fri-Sun and temps look less than ideal...
    I like huge dumps.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kelowna
    Posts
    134
    Check the RFC for temps- https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

    Click on the station you want
    Click download data and create charts
    Select TA.telemetry for air temp
    Press grid to see hourly data


    There is no station right by gorge, but generally 1800m hit 0 last week, but have been below freezing since then

    Hopefully someone has been out and has some real life info

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Revelstoke
    Posts
    638
    Check SpotWx.com. K3's tenure is slightly NE of Malakwa, generally located above 1,500m.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by meggers View Post
    Check the RFC for temps- https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/e...r-station-data

    Click on the station you want
    Click download data and create charts
    Select TA.telemetry for air temp
    Press grid to see hourly data


    There is no station right by gorge, but generally 1800m hit 0 last week, but have been below freezing since then

    Hopefully someone has been out and has some real life info
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    Check SpotWx.com. K3's tenure is slightly NE of Malakwa, generally located above 1,500m.
    Thanks foe the beta. Looks like it could be a wet weekend. Does Arcteryx sell wearable garbage bags for rain days?
    I like huge dumps.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Just got back from 4 days at Blanket. Snow held on pretty well, was definitely coastal pow and not interior blower. Was a great time. Highly recommended terrain, guides etc...

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Just got back from 4 days at Blanket. Snow held on pretty well, was definitely coastal pow and not interior blower. Was a great time. Highly recommended terrain, guides etc...
    Thanks Whis! Did you do any skiing below the hut? If so, how were the conditions lower down?
    I like huge dumps.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    698
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    Thanks Whis! Did you do any skiing below the hut? If so, how were the conditions lower down?
    First two days we got down to about 1500 and it was heavy-ish. Still very skiable. it cooled, snowed a bit and last day we got down to 1400 and snow quality was still good that low, though there were buried tree bombs. I'm from the coast so my blower is probably your cement so take this with a grain of salt.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    Does Arcteryx sell wearable garbage bags for rain days?
    I'm sure they would be happy to sell you one for several hundred bucks

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Golden B.C.
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    Thanks foe the beta. Looks like it could be a wet weekend. Does Arcteryx sell wearable garbage bags for rain days?
    Have you applied for prodeal? Your in the biz!

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Golden, BC
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Have you applied for prodeal? Your in the biz!
    I get deals on industrial garbage bags, unfortunately nothing designer. Maybe when the industry goes vogue it will change...
    I like huge dumps.

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kootenays
    Posts
    326
    would anyone be interested to trade brand new 28.0 intuition power wraps for some gloves or goggles? just looking for something that works. also have a pair of 29.0 dreamliners, I don't think I molded even just wore in for a few years; best offer. In Nelson but can come to Revy, Fernie or Invermere anytime.

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiwurrel View Post
    would anyone be interested to trade brand new 28.0 intuition power wraps for some gloves or goggles?
    PM me, might have some goggles for you.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    356
    150 km/h gust up on MacDonald West Shoulder above Rogers Pass at 5am this morning.

    I know the group at the Asulkan Hut this weekend. Wonder if they got much sleep last night?

    (edit) gusted 181 km/h at 6 am
    Last edited by nickinbc; 02-01-2020 at 09:59 AM.

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,773
    That mustve been intense. Wonder if it rained up there. Raining to the top of the stoke now it looks like

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    Glory chair at WH20 is closed today due to forecasted high winds. Doesn't look too crazy yet, at least from town and the webcams.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    356
    RMR lifts, except for lower gondola, on wind hold. The only chair they opened to the public was the Stellar. Subpeak winds gusting over 100 km/h. Trees being blown down. Think I'll take the day off!

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    vernon
    Posts
    2,501
    Shit.... In Mexico until the 6th then straight to fairy meadows for a week. No beuno. Ullr thread come on!
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,773
    Yup day off now. Spag sauce commencing.
    Good timing hefe. Long range looks good/touch wood

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ross Thompson's land
    Posts
    699
    All upper mountain chairs at Red are on wind hold too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •