Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quite nice skiing up the Asulkan this weekend. The new snow lightened up nicely as the temperatures dropped. The trail is in good condition for this early in the season - only took the skis off for one short section although cover at valley bottom is thin.

Well, except for the 99 sliding further towards the Fraser at Fountain, the trip to the cabin and back was uneventful. Driest I've seen the hills this time of year along the Duffy though. But an hour after getting home, the snow starts falling. Almost 3cm so far. Hope this is being shared throughout the Columbias.

Place to stay at Revie for trade for same KH?

Want to put in a few more days at Revie this year and was wondering if anyone wanted to trade being a house guest to ski KH? Have a queen in spare bedroom and lots of space in "barn" ( huge wood stove, finished , mattresses) .
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

It's looking great on those upper elevation Revelstok cams! I'm heading up to Interior BC twice this winter (third week in Jan and fourth week in Feb) - stoked!

Question for my BC/AB mags - my friends and I are flying into Calgary for 6 days of Ikon pass skiing. We definitely want to ski Revelstoke (thinking at least 3 days there), but were thinking of breaking up the drive with stops at Banff/Lake Louise/Norquay. Wondering what you guys think of these mountains, and which are definitely worth spending at least a day at.

We live in Aspen, like skiing steeps and powder, etc. Best skiers on the mountain.

Lake Louise for sure. Sunshine if Delirium dive is open and you have beacons, skip Norquay.

Quote Originally Posted by skiitsbetter View Post
    Lake Louise for sure. Sunshine if Delirium dive is open and you have beacons, skip Norquay.
    this but need a shovel each also

LL has most $ accom so after skiing LL drive 1 hour to Golden to stay night if don't have the time to make it all the way to Revie. Remember you gain an hour time zone change past Golden so can leave at 8am to arrive in revie at 9am. If big snow coming don't stop in Golden as pass between Golden and revie gets closed lots.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Its all dependant on conditions but I would probably skip Banff & LL to head for Revy/KH/rogers pass (if you tour)
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Planning to spend all of January in the Revy/Golden area. Want to ski a few days at both Revy and KH lifts, and most of the time in the backcountry. And suggestions for cheap month-long lodging for 2-3 people in the area? Planning to do a good amount of camping at the Rogers pass lot, but a whole month of that would be pretty cold.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Its all dependant on conditions but I would probably skip Banff & LL to head for Revy/KH/rogers pass (if you tour)
    But this guy has free days at LL and none at KH so there's that. Certainly hit LL on way east as its a long drive to Revie and on way back same as a long drive and there is pass. Very little to worry about drive wise Golden east. So after skiing at revie drive to Golden and then to LL in morning. Unless $$ is no issue then stay in LL.

I probably like Revy the most followed by KH, then LL

I never skied Norquay and I never liked Sunshine.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I lived in banff/canmore for 25yrs and probablh skidd norquay 15days. 10 in the spring after they closed because they often get their biggest and possibly only good dump. Sunshine is like skiing a golf course unless the dive is open. The lake is awesome if they get 8cm or more(thatll be 15+ on the backside generally). Save it for snow. If theres no fresh at any of your hills you're aiming to hit go to the lake for alpine styrofoam goodness.
    Otherwise revy and gtown would be the best choice. Rarely i cant find fresh at RMR so ill give it top spot

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I lived in banff/canmore for 25yrs and probablh skidd norquay 15days. 10 in the spring after they closed because they often get their biggest and possibly only good dump. Sunshine is like skiing a golf course unless the dive is open. The lake is awesome if they get 8cm or more(thatll be 15+ on the backside generally). Save it for snow. If theres no fresh at any of your hills you're aiming to hit go to the lake for alpine styrofoam goodness.
    Otherwise revy and gtown would be the best choice. Rarely i cant find fresh at RMR so ill give it top spot

Hey Sunshine has that heated seat chair- at least you don't freeze your ass off. There's something.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_it View Post
    Hey Sunshine has that heated seat chair- at least you don't freeze your ass off. There's something.
    That does sound good. Many mornings its only the heated seats in my truck that get me on the lift. Its still flat though. Goats eye is decent. If teepee town went to the top of the dive and the exit from the dive emptied to teepee town base theyd have something. Theyre lscking north face and pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Planning to spend all of January in the Revy/Golden area. Want to ski a few days at both Revy and KH lifts, and most of the time in the backcountry. And suggestions for cheap month-long lodging for 2-3 people in the area? Planning to do a good amount of camping at the Rogers pass lot, but a whole month of that would be pretty cold.
    Revelstoke is bit closer to the Rogers Pass Visitors center then Golden (69 vs 80km) but I think Golden has more super cheap dirt bag motels ( Rondo, Mary's) . Not too much to offer other than can get you some 25% off vouchers for KH.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    Not sure I’ve heard of cheap peak season month-month accommodations in any popular ski town - though it of course depends on your version of ‘cheap’ and what you expect from said accommodations. As mentioned above, Golden can be cheaper than Revy.

Not sure of your familiarity with the area and you don’t specify your camping plans or timeframes but so you’re not caught unaware regarding the overnight regulations:

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/bc/gla...ver-winter/ski
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Question for my BC/AB mags - my friends and I are flying into Calgary for 6 days of Ikon pass skiing. We definitely want to ski Revelstoke (thinking at least 3 days there), but were thinking of breaking up the drive with stops at Banff/Lake Louise/Norquay. Wondering what you guys think of these mountains, and which are definitely worth spending at least a day at.

We live in Aspen, like skiing steeps and powder, etc. Best skiers on the mountain.
    Avoid Family Day, Feb 17, for your trip, tends to get a little busier at the resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Revelstoke is bit closer to the Rogers Pass Visitors center then Golden (69 vs 80km) but I think Golden has more super cheap dirt bag motels ( Rondo, Mary's) . Not too much to offer other than can get you some 25% off vouchers for KH.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I'd love to take you up on the KH vouchers, I'll send a PM.

@Shafty, thanks for the link. I was a bit confused last year, I saw the "15 spots at the visitor center" on the website and was concerned, but there seemed to be about 30 people camped and we stayed without an issue. Definitely aware of the closures.

I want to check out kicking horse. If time allows it, maybe check out revelstoke and few other places... anyway, how’s that legalization going for you? Any place to buy it in rossland or Nelson.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I want to check out kicking horse. If time allows it, maybe check out revelstoke and few other places... anyway, how’s that legalization going for you? Any place to buy it in rossland or Nelson.

https://vancouversun.com/cannabis/ca...itish-columbia

No one smokes in nelson. Vibes. Good luck

Thanks for the link! I’m so ready for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post

there is a place in Golden, maybe two?
    Quartz Creek Cannabis they are on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/Quartz-Cree...2EZkX5mKwDt1qc

Theyre pretty much everywhere now i think. We have one functioning in revy with 4 more with recent approval