Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Interior friends. Can anyone advise on cheap lift tickets/ costco deals etc that one can pick up.
    We are heading that way hopefully tomorrow, Red first stop, have passes for KHMR but will likely do a day in Revelstoke. Also looking for touring buddies for Rogers Pass and Mt Macpherson.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Interior friends. Can anyone advise on cheap lift tickets/ costco deals etc that one can pick up.
    We are heading that way hopefully tomorrow, Red first stop, have passes for KHMR but will likely do a day in Revelstoke. Also looking for touring buddies for Rogers Pass and Mt Macpherson.
    Godammnit MacNaughton does nobody read anymore? https://snowbrains.com/revelstoke-bc...or-the-people/

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Godammnit MacNaughton does nobody read anymore? https://snowbrains.com/revelstoke-bc...or-the-people/
    Thanks Lee! Great intel.
    Master of mediocrity.

Some wild weather last weekend. So much snow. Great for the downhill but made for some tough trail breaking. Explored some more areas north of Revelstoke and turned out to be more than acceptable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9092.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	311018

Sunday saw the temperatures drop and the wind throughout the whole day was extreme. Laped lots of wide trees in deep snow. Didn’t take many pictures due to the cold, and can’t figure out how to embed video

Name:	IMG_9607.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	311021
    Temperatures continue to drop and woke up to -20 the next morning, but clearing skies. The wind died down a little bit, so decided to take the canoe out and explore some harder to reach terrain. Even in the trees there was a lot of wind affected snow. Still found some soft pockets, but there wasn’t a lot that escaped the previous days wind

Name:	IMG_9633.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	311022

Name:	IMG_9064.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	311023

Name:	IMG_9680.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	234.4 KB 
ID:	311024

Name:	IMG_9712.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	311025

^^^ the last shot is the terrain you are skiing right from the lake?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Yea, top of the ridge down to the lake. Limited with time that day, but endless possibilities...!

Awesome. That side of the lake looks soo good. On top of the dam too across from the boat launch . Great vert the one you went up. How long was the paddle?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Oh yea, lots of terain there as well. Plan on doing a lot more exploring over there. If you're into some long walks, let me know.
    Paddle was really mellow there. 15 minutes or so?

Ok, always wondered how long itd take. Id be down to join. I need to claw back some fitness first. Only a few tours so far but prioritizing it now

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Some wild weather last weekend. So much snow. Great for the downhill but made for some tough trail breaking. Explored some more areas north of Revelstoke and turned out to be more than acceptable.

Sunday saw the temperatures drop and the wind throughout the whole day was extreme. Laped lots of wide trees in deep snow. Didn’t take many pictures due to the cold, and can’t figure out how to embed video

Temperatures continue to drop and woke up to -20 the next morning, but clearing skies. The wind died down a little bit, so decided to take the canoe out and explore some harder to reach terrain. Even in the trees there was a lot of wind affected snow. Still found some soft pockets, but there wasn’t a lot that escaped the previous days wind

Canoe access backcountry skiing. How awesomely Canadian of you guys. Well done.

Cool photos! Only a matter of time before someone installs a motorized tyrolean to access that shit

The canoe access shots are awesome, good stuff.

Some townie laps on my 40th this week. Excellent coverage with about 125cm in the upper sections. Even got a back flip to keep the string alive for 20yrs straight!

Name:	20200113_120500.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	816.2 KB 
ID:	311179

Name:	Screenshot_20200114-154423_Video Player.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	311181
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Haa^^ thats good . backy for the inverted pic

Hit the local stealth zone for the 1st time this year. Coverage is better than anytime last yearClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200117_115712_011_saved.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	311256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200117-145708_Gallery.jpeg 
Views:	103 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	311257

Nice Hefe... I'll be checking in 20 years from now to see if you can make it 40 years!
    Looking good up there... And happy birthday!

Interior Folk,

Wifey and I are heading your way first week in February. Hopefully a mix of resort and touring/mountaineering days depending on conditions. Trying to track down a copy of Doug Sproul's Rogers Pass book but seems to be out of print and sold out everywhere online. Any other good resource recommendations for some pre-trip planning? Recommendations for IFMGA/ACMG guides in the area?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by jpcmoriarty; 01-20-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Interior Folk,

Wifey and I are heading your way first week in February. Hopefully a mix of resort and touring/mountaineering days depending on conditions. Trying to track down a copy of Doug Sproul's Rogers Pass book but seems to be out of print and sold out everywhere. Any other good resource recommendations for some pre-trip planning? Recommendations for IFMGA/ACMG guides in the area?
    Thanks in advance
    Douglas recently posted it's sold out online, but you can find them in a few local stores. Try Valhalla Pure, Free Spirit Sports and Skookum in downtown Revelstoke when you get to town.

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Interior Folk,

Wifey and I are heading your way first week in February. Hopefully a mix of resort and touring/mountaineering days depending on conditions. Trying to track down a copy of Doug Sproul's Rogers Pass book but seems to be out of print and sold out everywhere. Any other good resource recommendations for some pre-trip planning? Recommendations for IFMGA/ACMG guides in the area?
    Thanks in advance
    I posted a bunch of Rogers Pass and Revelstoke info trip planning resources + how to save money in the Revy area. If you search on google you will find them on TGR front page, Newschoolers, Snowbrains. Do some homework and they're there.

Valhalla Pure and Skookum have the books for sure as i saw copies there just 2 weeks ago.

Thanks Lee.
    I had read your Revelstoke article, but not the Rogers Pass one. Tons of great info there man. I'll re-link for others that wander into his thread

https://snowbrains.com/rogers-pass-2...and-a-new-map/

In regards to the book, it sounds like it was once available from Sproul's website as a pdf but no longer is. I guess picking one up locally is the only way. also sounds like a second edition is in the works.

any local foresight on revy conditions this weekend? looks like it will be warming up a bit. gtg gondola and on up high?

realize these guys are booked, but anyone ever do this two day tour with a guide revy/rogers?

https://www.revelstokebackcountrygui...y-revy-rogers/

any similar connects for a rogers pass guide that accommodates short lead times (1-3 days)?

been to revelstoke, but not rogers pass. if resort conditions are meh, will try to sniff out a tour. like that short skin up mckenzie then hitting the groomers high speed to the gondola.

will be looking for that guide book hardcopy when in town.

That second-to-last photo is all the way up at Mica, right? The Suit family was up there for Christmas. Snowpack was super-spooky on most aspects & higher elevations. But still so much fun.

For the folks above looking for guiding services in the golden/rogers area - feel free to send me a msg...

Oh Nice... That must have been your accommodations to the left on the lake? Beautiful place! The cabin up the road is nice, but not the same amenities.. ha! Glad you had fun... so much variety up there.

Oh Nice... That must have been your accommodations to the left on the lake? Beautiful place! The cabin up the road is nice, but not the same amenities.. ha! Glad you had fun... so much variety up there.
    Yep, that's the spot. Wife, two daughters, and I have spent the last seven Christmases there, barring the one year I broke my collarbone.

This winter there was a kayak stashed next to a storage shed there, so we had a running joke about paddling across the river if the regular transportation broke down. Pretty cool that you actually did that. We are too soft.

There's an endless supply of amazing skiing in your area. Those mountains kick ass.

edit to add:

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.57.49 PM.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	312030
    Last edited by The Suit; 01-23-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Has anyone been to Kootenay Pass the past couple days? I'm thinking of poking around there this weekend, depending on where the snow line is.