Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    nevermind
    Last edited by DougW; 12-31-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Feeler for interest- one spot at BC lodge, self guided self catered Jan 5 to 12th. Includes food group food as that is already bought. Its the lodge the that everyone says they want to go to. price $1200.

Very experienced group , includes owner. From very fast to moderate speeds. No custodian so everyone has to be cool with helping out hence the price. Almost everyone has been there with same group 4-6 or more times.. So people know terrain.
    Nice! Thanks for posting. wish it was a couple of weeks later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40cm at ss. Almost at 2m base already! Monashees were insane deep yesterday
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Snowing pretty steady up here. Sounds like the highway will be shut down tomorrow. Rmr should be good/fingers crossed the temp doesnt get too warm

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Snowing pretty steady up here. Sounds like the highway will be shut down tomorrow. Rmr should be good/fingers crossed the temp doesnt get too warm

RMR was good today and got better by the hour. Excited to get out tomorrow. Only bummer is my wife lands in kelowna at 1045pm and I was supposed to pick her up... not looking like that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    RMR was good today and got better by the hour. Excited to get out tomorrow. Only bummer is my wife lands in kelowna at 1045pm and I was supposed to pick her up... not looking like that will happen.
    They blasted 3 valley twice today. Slight chance the highway west of revy opens. Nothing confirmed. They may jack the rating for the highway and close it all. Lets do some laps if youre stuck?

They blasted 3 valley twice today. Slight chance the highway west of revy opens. Nothing confirmed. They may jack the rating for the highway and close it all. Lets do some laps if youre stuck?

Thanks, I’ll be in touch via PM. We are here through Sunday, planned to get a couple days up in Rogers pass too but we will see what the weather brings

That was a hell of a day. Thanks for showing me around grinch - ripping skier and a great dude

That was a hell of a day. Thanks for showing me around grinch - ripping skier and a great dude
    So fun man. Cant believe you did all that on zero sleep

So fun man. Cant believe you did all that on zero sleep

Hah, it was 2 hours of sleep, zero sleep is pushing it. No booze past couple of days helps too.

Couple of deep laps! Crazy snow here, 50cm at silver star today

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6wRu5YB...=1uy2pk6re9rl2
    Last edited by el hefe; 01-01-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Hah, it was 2 hours of sleep, zero sleep is pushing it. No booze past couple of days helps too.
    Oh 2 hrs. Mega sleep. Im going to get 10 tonight and struggle to get there tomorrow with a heavy helping of vitamin I.
    Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Couple of deep laps! Crazy snow here, 50cm at silver star past two days.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6wRu5YB...wNsohERtGuyg0/
    I cant get the link to show. If its those fresh shushwap bowling alleys you should fix that. Looks tasty. The 3 dots prompts the "copy link" . Sometimes copy/paste the url doesnt work with ig

Fixed it I think.

Quite the run of storms, haven't seen it this consistent in a long time. Went from low tide to amazing coverage real quick. Skied stuff over the holidays that usually doesn't fill in or allow sled access until later in Jan.

If you were planning on chasing storms for 9 days what weather forecast website would be your go to for the Canadian Rockies?
    I usually go with www.snow-forecast.com for the Montana area any suggestions?

spotwx.com snow-foreceast isn't great imo

If you are chasing storms you also ought to pay very close attention to http://www.drivebc.ca/ and https://weather.gc.ca/forecast/publi...in=fpcn68.cwvr for highway conditions, closures and weather. Unless you enjoy spending hours in road closures or tangling with drivers (especially many so-called 'professional' truckers) who don't know how to drive in winter conditions (either too fast, or too slow after scaring themselves shitless).

Donno how it is elsewhere but the entire S and W aspect was cardboard wind crust from half way to the summit at Revy today.

The Avalanche Canada weather forecast is the best place to start, but it is a little tricky to use. After that, use spotwx.com for a specific look at the regions you're thinking of hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    Donno how it is elsewhere but the entire S and W aspect was cardboard wind crust from half way to the summit at Revy today.
    Zipper crust in the Valhallas on all aspects between 1700 and 2500 meters, but it didn't really have a negative effect on the skiing quality. Loud powder.

Yes it was quite skiable.all aspects up high. Gnarnia to finish again was amazing. No melt freeze wind chill crust there

Yes it was quite skiable.all aspects up high. Gnarnia to finish again was amazing. No melt freeze wind chill crust there

Kinda deep in there, look out for tree wells

Kinda deep in there, look out for tree wells
    Word. Sick day!! Closed down the bar too!!! It was only 6:30 but we were last with the vanlifers

" but it didn't really have a negative effect on the skiing quality" where have you been skiing this winter? I've been out 15 days and that was by far the worst snow conditions in the alpine I've experienced this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulharin View Post
    " but it didn't really have a negative effect on the skiing quality" where have you been skiing this winter? I've been out 15 days and that was by far the worst snow conditions in the alpine I've experienced this season.

Me? Mostly on the hill. Majority were stoke laps. 2 days ago we emptied out catchers mitt and yesterday trees of gnarnia. 2 days ago with limited openings things got hammered. Yesterday was awesome every lap. N bowl, vertigo, seperate even clydes top to bottom still had decent fresh close to the trees