Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: PSA: Its Back

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I like the chairlift in town idea, that could be fun, and NYS has more ski areas than any other state IIRC.

As a compromise, or to mix things up, that 6th guy could still get liquored up but then head over to the museum and punch the curator. Culture and booze.

He could even flee on the chairlift.
    You say that like it hasn’t happened.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    You say that like it hasn’t happened.
    Damn, some people really do think of everything don't they?
    I still call it The Jake.

Damn, some people really do think of everything don't they?
    Ha. Law of averages. 60,000 residents. 30,000 drunk each night. 15,000 drunk in bars. 5,000 of those punch someone each night. That's almost 2 million punchings per year. Eventually, everyone gets punched.

Maths.

That right there is next-gen stats on drunk-punching in Upstate New York. Awesome.

Got launch angle data on any of these or are they mostly just boozed-up go-for-broke haymakers?

First, Utica is absolutely upstate New York. Ask anyone that lives in the Mohawk Valley. Not the NYC version of blue blood "upstate" (said with a clenched jaw.) Real upstate, and they all refer to themselves as upstate. Clearly most of you guys never lived there.

What's really wild is that there is some amazing stuff there. The Stanley Theater is beautiful, and gets traveling broadway shows working out the kinks before they hit NYC. It has a gorgeous old library. It's art museum is insane, filled with stuff like Pollack, Manet, Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Matisse, Picasso, etc. The museum building itself is a modern masterpiece designed by Philip Johnson. When the city used to be a thing in the early and mid 1900s, a few rich dudes built all this culture up there so they could enjoy it when in town. There is a ski lift right in the middle of town (that has a run named cemetery, btw). Beautiful parks. However, NO ONE GOES TO THESE THINGS. As an example, the place has one of the most incredible modern masters art collections and it's empty. It's incredible.

Why would you go see art when there are 311 cloudy days per year? Go to your local bar, which will have like 6 people in it because there is like one bar for every 10 residents, get good and liquored up on Utica Club or Saranac, and go find someone to punch. That's good livin'.
    All I know is I got bitched at once for referring to the Adirondacks as 'Upstate'. Even funnier is when someone in the North Bronx didn't know where VT is and asked if it was somewhere upstate. I am definitely not from NY. I can see it from here though on a sunny day.

I think we've reached the point where we'll need someone from the ECRC to start regularly weighing in on judgment calls here.

Including Dunkins' volitility, but maybe not on chicken sandwiches.

I've been in pretty much every middle and corner of NYS. Everything north and west of Orange and Putnam counties is "Upstate." The Adirondacks are way north of those counties so...

I think we've reached the point where we'll need someone from the ECRC to start regularly weighing in on judgment calls here.
    I'd be wary of asking for this. They tend to fight over much less. If it doesn't snow much, the ECRC thread will devolve into it's own little version of a Popeye's drive thru.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Everything north and west of Orange and Putnam counties is "Upstate." so...

Eventually, everyone gets punched.
    Words to live by.

At least, according to the math, you’ll likely be drunk when your turn is up, so it’s probably not as bad as seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Man, if you're hoping for an upskirt in the stacks you're doing college wrong.

I would argue that if you're ever NOT hoping for an upskirt, you're doing it wrong.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

PSA: Its Back

Including Dunkins' volitility, but maybe not on chicken sandwiches.
    Where is Buttah?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I would argue that if you're ever NOT hoping for an upskirt, you're doing it wrong.
    Truth in that.

But in my case I would go to the library primarily to get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Where is Buttah?
    Vegas apparently.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bd7da3521b458c82339aaf5c31216058-1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	302329
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

AllBallsNoCup would be a great name for a dive bar in Upstate New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Very random photo there VT-F. I dig it. That place is not far from Comstock Correctional Facility. Probably a good place to stop and decompress after visiting a loved one.

Have you tried the food?
    It was the start of my trip to BBI19, sent the pic to some friends saying I was crashing there for the night. Haven't tried it yet.

Free weed!

nypost.com/2019/11/11/man-says-he-found-half-smoked-joint-in-popeyes-chicken-sandwich/

And

nypost.com/2019/11/12/photos-show-popeyes-worker-making-chicken-sandwiches-over-garbage-can/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    It was the start of my trip to BBI19, sent the pic to some friends saying I was crashing there for the night. Haven't tried it yet.

Free weed!

nypost.com/2019/11/11/man-says-he-found-half-smoked-joint-in-popeyes-chicken-sandwich/

And

nypost.com/2019/11/12/photos-show-popeyes-worker-making-chicken-sandwiches-over-garbage-can/
    My scale a page back continues to be validated.

If you're not taking a picture of a popeye's kitchen through a bulletproof partition it doesn't count.