Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Men sucked. Couldn't any of these guys just take it down a couple notches. Weird mob psychology of no one seemingly backing down from their plans and they pretty much all ended up falling short of expectations. Even Turdell was way sketchier than normal.

Pehota went for it. Kinda had to after his epic run of 2018 and last years 3rd place follow up. Went out on his sword, no shame in that.

Peiffer taking the Canadian reigns from Pehota n this day.

Liking Pollard more and more.

Gorak pinging off that tree was scary. And so was his obvious discomfort on the rest of his run and in the finish area.

The hot seat mini chair was comical.

Bakered’s comment about the stressful start line atmosphere created by the crashes and middling performances was interesting

Holy sharks!

Turdell is mind blowingly good. Hands down the best skier on tour.

I know it's not the popular opinion, but to me anyways, the judges did their usual bang up job and got it mostly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Bakered’s comment about the stressful start line atmosphere created by the crashes and middling performances was interesting.

Holy sharks!

Turdell is mind blowingly good. Hands down the best skier on tour.
    interesting yes, but them showing it certainly took away some of the interest from the rest, although at that point we kinda knew already
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    interesting yes, but them showing it certainly took away some of the interest from the rest, although at that point we kinda knew already
    Agreed.

Women Ski wins the day. The made the snow look good while the men did the exact opposite. Well done ladies!

Mich moving up to 4th and building confidence is pretty rad. Im sure her best is yet to come. She could win one

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

she does score better when she stays on course. it would be nice to see the size of the womens field increase after not just today but recent showings
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Womens ski was by far and away the best show. They skied the way i want to ski. Fast, fluid, stylie and sendy. Rad.

Women’s skiing absolutely killed it! Had to hit pause for mens skiing. When I came back the “live” pre-recorded broadcast was over. Wtf!? How the heck does a pre-recorded event end?

The worst thing about the delayed stream, is that they still have multiple minutes of “The Competition Broadcast Will Begin Shortly” - it happened days ago, just cut that shit out of the stream.

Women's skiing was top notch. I would have ranked them TOTALLY different but they all had such great runs I don't envy being a judge for them. So clean, so smooth, so fast from all of them.

Would it be too much to ask that on a delayed broadcast they at least take the time to equalize the audio levels?

I think the commentators have done an amazing job of hyping the female snow board.

Announcers were good or certainly better than Hakuba.

Slow clap for the ski ladies; some pretty scary crashes from the ski dudes. Skipped the knuckle draggers all together.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought the announcers were doing fine - except when the one dude got excited he must have gotten closer to the mike and the volume would shoot up- hard to pretend to work if the Mrs can hear the DUDE THATWASSICK!!!!

Total Immortal and Gajin you guys doing good on the fantasy game!!! keeping the tribe up.
    I had on bet right : )
    it was so funny to wait during the broadcast and to realise if boarder 2020 is right : ) it was kind a funny.
    the reine interview was strange ???? but with having the info of the winner even worse

Love how Tabke floats his airs.

Pehota and Gorak- yikes. Super cringe-y. Glad they looked intact.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Lol they just gave away the winner in an interview...
    Yup

I can’t believe how casual they all are going over the bars on a landing then right back to their feet with no hesitation.

Yu Sasaki...the balls to send that monster cliff right after a smaller air went wrong. Dang.

I can't believe the night & day between men and women. Are women in general just able to feather the surface more than agro bros? It seemed like the guys were all punching through some under layer and getting caught while the ladies were just floating all their lines.

Ladies-- mad props. You stole my heart. The entire women's ski category just entered a new stage.

Yes, Turdell was my vote. And yes, he is the best skier on the tour.

It is time for more ski-girls on the tour.

Sent from ullr with love!

I think the venue at kicking horse is way too short of vertical for the caliber of skiing on the FWT. It seemed like most were just getting warmed up and they were at the bottom of their run.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Total Immortal and Gajin you guys doing good on the fantasy game!!! keeping the tribe up.
    I had on bet right : )
    it was so funny to wait during the broadcast and to realise if boarder 2020 is right : ) it was kind a funny.
    the reine interview was strange ???? but with having the info of the winner even worse
    , forgot about the fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    , forgot about the fantasy game.
    : ) i know i played it last year

Sent from ullr with love!

-Announcing was much better than Japan

-Judging mostly seemed about right, except for Hank Bilous. His score was oddly low; he had an ok run, but scored behind some guys that crashed.

-Deeper snow always seems to bring about more carnage. Everyone's trying to send it bigger because the landings are soft, but bombholes and snow quality variability take their toll. Less deep but more consistent snow always seems to yield a better competition.

-Super bummed Sasaki crashed off the cornice. That bottom air was massive. And even more bummed for Rausis - he had maybe my favorite line of the comp.

My notes from the comp-

The announcing was much better than Japan.

The ski women crushed it. So fucking smooth and fast. Every single one of them skied fantastic. They stole the show.

Ski men was entertaining, but that venue lacks vertical to let them really be creative. It seemed like they were all either hitting the lookers left monster air (with very few to no features before/after) or hitting the same zone in the center of the face. I watched the KH comp in person a couple years ago and on TV they make that face look smaller than seems in person. They all just seem to be at the bottom before they get into it. The snow looked great from a computer screen so it’s hard saying why the men were struggling.