Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,795

    Freeride World Tour - 2020

    FWT just dropped their trailer for the 2020 season - time to FIRE IT UP



    Venues are the same as 2018 and 2019 - Hakuba, Kicking Horse, Vallnord-Arcalis, Fieberbrunn, Verbier.

    Video Page: https://www.freerideworldtour.com/vi...ider=&type=All

    Riders:
    Markus Eder hung up his jersey after winning last year, and finishing second in 2018. Too bad - he was insane to watch!
    T-Hall will be back to piss off TGR lol
    Buncha new rooks this year -- https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ne...ualified-fwt20

    Injury wildcards:
    In the Ski Men Category, hard charger Ivan Malakhov (RUS) is back in the game after an explosive crash put him out of commission all of last season. Heíll be joined by Sam Lee (NZL) who was also sidelined due to a leg injury; it will be Samís first season back on skis. Swiss shredder Yann Rausis is back on course to compete after a season-ending knee injury. Konstantin Ottner (GER) is an up-and-coming contender on the tour who has just overcome shoulder and knee problems. Hank Bilous (NZL) is back on his feet and warming up in the Austral winter while preparing for the FWT20.

    In the Ski Women category, Rachel Croft (USA) has been training hard heading into the upcoming season after a knee injury kept her out last year. Sheíll be joined by Maude Besse (SUI) who was unable to compete in Europe due to a season-ending injury after the Canadian stop.

    2019 thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...orld-Tour-2019
    2018 thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...orld-Tour-2018
    2017 thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...poilers-within
    2016 thread: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ide-World-Tour
    sproing!

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Puget Oceania
    Posts
    264
    Predictions:
    At Hakuba, Tanner throws a yuuugge 360-to-hot tub and scores enough points to qualify for Verbier.

    Throughout the season, a couple of young guns rip hard everywhere but get scored low anyway and don't qualify.

    Drew and Rachel replace their Crystal stickers with Ikon stickers.

    The Ski Men go last at every venue.

    Someone crashes at least once.
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Good call on the new thread start. Bummer about Eder stepping down - he was so fun to watch - but I guess cool of him to open up a spot and give someone new a chance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Puget Oceania
    Posts
    264
    It will be fun to see what the Kiwis do
    Chronic Complainer Experiencing Ikon Cognitive Dissonance Since 2018

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,795
    My call: Turdell, Craig Murray, and Andrew Pollard as 1,2,3 this year.

    Can we set up some sort of tournament so we can see which mag is best at spectating/guessing?
    sproing!

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    181
    1.Hall 2.Slemet 3.Turdell

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    1,105
    I am excited to finally see the Japan venue take off if it fills in and weather is favorable.

    I believe it has been staged at an alternate slope for the past two years. Maybe Gaijin or another mag can correct me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    whistler
    Posts
    970
    Quote Originally Posted by fullStack View Post
    Predictions:
    At Hakuba, Tanner throws a yuuugge 360-to-hot tub and scores enough points to qualify for Verbier.

    Throughout the season, a couple of young guns rip hard everywhere but get scored low anyway and don't qualify.

    Drew and Rachel replace their Crystal stickers with Ikon stickers.

    The Ski Men go last at every venue.

    Someone crashes at least once.
    Damn you and your truthyness...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sonoma & Truckee
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I am excited to finally see the Japan venue take off if it fills in and weather is favorable.

    I believe it has been staged at an alternate slope for the past two years. Maybe Gaijin or another mag can correct me.
    Well, two years ago it was staged at Kicking Horse.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,768

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Land of the Long Flat Vowel
    Posts
    797
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    My call: Turdell, Craig Murray, and Andrew Pollard as 1,2,3 this year.

    Can we set up some sort of tournament so we can see which mag is best at spectating/guessing?
    Turdell is a good call. Heck, the technique that guy has!

    Craig Murray was skiing quite a bit at my local hill this winter and ripping: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2dqv3plKkF/
    Hope he does well.

    Can't wait for Bec des Rosses.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    10,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Island Bay View Post
    Craig Murray was skiing quite a bit at my local hill this winter and ripping: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2dqv3plKkF/
    Hell yeah!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •