Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    Hank Bilous is a demigod!
    That was fcuken loose!

wow what a joke. Huge Freeland fan but that was not a 94.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    wow what a joke. Huge Freeland fan but that was not a 94.
    he's my guy on my fantasy team and i have to agree. but i think murray might have beat him
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

just watched them both again. i'd say freeland is a solid 3rd but no way he beats bilous.
    maybe bilous even contends for #1 against murray

No mention of the slough for Drew? He was pissed. Some great skiing, a lot of similar lines

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

What was that!! Craig Murray getting tight loose

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

That minefield of rollerballs at the bottom...yikes

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    just watched them both again. i'd say freeland is a solid 3rd but no way he beats bilous.
    maybe bilous even contends for #1 against murray
    I'm a biased Kiwi, but pretty much agree.

The top three were in a class of their own: Murray by a whisker, then Hank, then Freeland.

Shout out to Tom Peiffer. Quietly putting together a real good season. Solid skiing every event.

Freeride World Tour - 2020

I’ve missed Eder - he’s so much fun to watch. Hank’s run was awesome, you never know what he’s going to do.

Also, loved this venue! This is more like it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I'm going to disagree with everyone. Thought Freeland was the obvious 2nd. Like completely obvious. He had the gnarliest top section of anyone by far. Most exposed, and biggest 360 on his edges for a split second immediately into the next air. Craig Murray's top section was close but an easier 3 with more time in between the airs. Hank's top section was not even remotely in the same league and the top section is the gnarliest part of the entire venue. I.e. the most opportunity to score.
    Murray's middle section was obviously leaps, leaps above the rest.
    Hank's bottom section was the best.
    I thought the judges got it right for top 3.
    If Eder stomps his run he wins. That was nuts with insane vision to see that top transfer.
    Great comp. Bummed the middle part of the venue wasn't in play but the right call to take it out of contention with the low snow pack.

So here's a question. Italian authorities just closed all ski resorts in Northern Italy due to the Chinese Rat Flu. What are the chances the swiss government does the same thing and the event is cxled?

Judges thought the same, Atrain. You're not out on some looney fringe :-)

It's good to see the skiers having such a different approach. Eder just goes huge, in his special relaxed freestylie way. With Hank and Craig you never quite know what's going happen - especially Hank.

I think when Craig is at his best he bridges the gap between the straight chargers and Eder's approach.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    So here's a question. Italian authorities just closed all ski resorts in Northern Italy due to the Chinese Rat Flu. What are the chances the swiss government does the same thing and the event is cxled?
    Not all ski resorts. e.g. Aosta Valley still not in lockdown.

Edit: I was wrong. La Thuile website just saying that they're all closed :-(
    Last edited by Island Bay; 03-08-2020 at 02:28 PM. Reason: News update

What are the Cervino Spa lifts? There is a notice on their site they will be closing as of monday due to covid

also keep in mind Switzerland has one of the highest per capita infection rates and one that should skyrocket in the next few days. Don't be surprised if they go on lockdown too.

Great comp. Nice to see a variety of lines and some creativity.

Thought Hank should've come second, but the judging mostly made sense.

Bummer that Tabke got sluffed. That had the potential to be a pretty decent run. It was weird that the announcers didn't say anything about it. And yeah, if Eder had kept his shit together, that was probably the winner.

Markus, dude, just straight air that last cliff!

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Great comp. Nice to see a variety of lines and some creativity.

Thought Hank should've come second, but the judging mostly made sense.

Bummer that Tabke got sluffed. That had the potential to be a pretty decent run. It was weird that the announcers didn't say anything about it. And yeah, if Eder had kept his shit together, that was probably the winner.
    That was a pocket of slab that released on him. The announcers must have seen it, but it seems like they're not allowed to talk about anything avalanche. Not sure if the judges saw it or what. He most likely wasn't on a winning run but I don't think he should have been docked that much, he stayed on his feet.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505 View Post
    I'm going to disagree with everyone. Thought Freeland was the obvious 2nd. Like completely obvious. He had the gnarliest top section of anyone by far. Most exposed, and biggest 360 on his edges for a split second immediately into the next air. Craig Murray's top section was close but an easier 3 with more time in between the airs. Hank's top section was not even remotely in the same league and the top section is the gnarliest part of the entire venue. I.e. the most opportunity to score.
    If Eder stomps his run he wins. That was nuts with insane vision to see that top transfer.
    Great comp. Bummed the middle part of the venue wasn't in play but the right call to take it out of contention with the low snow pack.
    Issacs top section much better, Hanks bottom section was INFINITELY BETTER. Hanks wins.

Nailed it.

So stoked for the Kiwis...they are definitely bringing the creativity. Eder was unreal, shame about the bottom. A massive straight grab probably would have sealed it on that bottom air.

Loving the tradition of my oldest son and I watching these events together. And then of course I feel super old when I throw in the 'back in my day, I competed on 215-222cms ,' but I digress.
    Last edited by skier666; 03-09-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Yeah, loving the kiwi creativity. But those homies are throwing off my fun bet predictions.

Super fun being so surprised. That was probably the most fun Fieberbrunn event I’ve seen so far.

Freeland's entry was hands down the best of the easier Hausl cliff entries so that's where he got the most of his points. The rest of his run was meh, at best.
    And my big disagreement is that I liked Hank's top portion better than everyone's. He took an untouched line and then was obviously playing with the sluff in a zone others were scared to go to. Despite the lack of a 3, it was the best top portion I saw. Both Hank and Isaac did the best off the middle jump that caught people, Isaac the biggest 3 and Hank the revert to switch (edit-only now realizing that's where murray did his flat spinny thing). Then Hank had by far the best bottom section of anyone thanks to Markus crashing.
    Last edited by powdork; 03-12-2020 at 01:17 AM.

Jacq Pollard side flops and gets hammered and gets roasted. Ari Tricoumi backslaps and wins. Pollards line and skiing was unreal. Robbbbbbed!