Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    actually he's quite the dbag irl
    I've heard this too. And apparently some sort of social media scandal not long ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I've heard this too. And apparently some sort of social media scandal not long ago....
    I saw this go down. Somebody hacked dude’s phone and posted nekkid pics of his GF and him in some compromising scenarios on Instagram... I was impressed tbh

An angry ex-girlfriend stealing your phone and posting a bunch of shit doesn't really have anything to do with the victim's character.

But I'll take b-bear's word for it with the local knowledge.

Damm missed that... was she hot...

Looking forward to Tim Durstchi competing on the tour! I think he is a solid all round skier that can turn some heads! Good luck buddy!

This thread devolved fast. WTF ... on page 2-3 a bunch of gossip as previously stated. I can't keep up with the rumors

"Freeride-Keep the vibe high!"

^^^ was expecting more reggae and THall420

Quote Originally Posted by dump View Post
    This thread devolved fast. WTF ... on page 2-3 a bunch of gossip as previously stated. I can't keep up with the rumors
    It's still a month and a half until the first event. People are getting anxious.

Well. This is artsy!

https://youtu.be/y6o9rAkRR0Q

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by meter-man; 01-13-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    sproing!

are the riders listed on the FWT site all healthy?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Any betta on the conditions at the venue?

Japan is having one of their worst seasons in a long time. Guessing it’s low tide but who knows?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Well. This is artsy!

https://youtu.be/y6o9rAkRR0Q

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Well done.

Hope Hakuba gets a few storms this week then goes dry.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

They are getting hit right now. 25cms today at Happo One with a 165 cm base. Looks like more on the radar heading their way too.
    https://www.hakubavalley.com/en/weat...tail_happoone/

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    They are getting hit right now. 25cms today at Happo One with a 165 cm base. Looks like more on the radar heading their way too.
    https://www.hakubavalley.com/en/weat...tail_happoone/
    Sweet.

What's thing 2s plan for this season?

Or point me to the right thread or post where you've probably already explained this.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Well done.

Hope Hakuba gets a few storms this week then goes dry.
    Very cool. Things appear to be shaping up for Hakuba. Pumped!!!

Sweet.

Or point me to the right thread or post where you've probably already explained this.
    You know that's oftpiste, not me right? My thing#2 is getting high in humboldt this year. I mean, she's getting a higher education in humboldt this year.

Thanks for asking. He's living in Bellingham, taking online classes for winter quarter at WWU so he can ski Baker, and spending some time at Crystal where they made him a mt. ambassador. Rumor has it he's going to do some shooting with a certain Bellingham mag photographer of reasonable renown, which he's really stoked for.

While being a tour athlete was an amazing experience he's pretty stoked to be able to spend the winter shredding with his friends without the pressures of competition which have been a huge part of his winters for a long time, and pretty goddam intensely while on the tour. It was a pretty amazing ride for me too, for which I'm incredibly grateful.

I'm sure proud of him, so happy that he got to have those experiences, and it's great to see him poking around at other aspects of being a high-level rider while honoring his own way of doing things both in life and as an athlete.

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

You know that's oftpiste, not me right? My thing#2 is getting high in humboldt this year. I mean, she's getting a higher education in humboldt this year.
    Heh, a former student of HSU said she picked the school because it was the farthest she could get away from her parents and still pay in-state tuition
    </thread drift>

What you guys think about this idea!
    Instead of complaining, we should all more or less agree on our own ranking on tgrforum.
    Everybody should name his winner/second/third and maybe also tell why.
    There will be misjudging this season again.
    And you fellow maggots have the eye for detail, who should be uprated or downrated and why.
    I think this would be the better solution than complaining of the corrupt system. (it is going to be tricky to judge the flipy spinny riders against the fall line rides)
    If this would work out, we could even some it up??? ( theoretically)
    but in the end who cares who wins???
    the gnar and the radness on display is insane and i appreciate every contender for risking his life in front of a camera ( that sounds so wrong )
    I admire all the guys doing this sport and there athleticism to compete in a this crazy way (sounds even wronger)

FTW FWT TGR #insane

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    What you guys think about this idea!
    Instead of complaining, we should all more or less agree on our own ranking on tgrforum.
    Everybody should name his winner/second/third and maybe also tell why.
    There will be misjudging this season again.
    And you fellow maggots have the eye for detail, who should be uprated or downrated and why.
    I think this would be the better solution than complaining of the corrupt system. (it is going to be tricky to judge the flipy spinny riders against the fall line rides)
    If this would work out, we could even some it up??? ( theoretically)
    but in the end who cares who wins???
    the gnar and the radness on display is insane and i appreciate every contender for risking his life in front of a camera ( that sounds so wrong )
    I admire all the guys doing this sport and there athleticism to compete in a this crazy way (sounds even wronger)

FTW FWT TGR #insane
    I see where you're coming from. I get your motive. But I don't think this crowd has the time or patience to articulate a pre-emptive approach to challenging FWT's standards.

We (or maybe just I) kind of like to watch it roll out and then discuss our reactions. Besides, the judging is instantaneous. The judging has been discussed and debated for decades. We're not really here to challenge that or complain. If a complaint goes viral, maybe the judges will listen and alter their standards. But that is a huge step that is quite larger than a thread on TGR.

We're just a select group of fans.

You should start a TGR Fantasy FWT thread. A thread where we all predict who will win.
    Last edited by gaijin; 01-16-2020 at 08:40 PM.

FWT ANNOUNCES EQUAL PRIZE MONEY FOR ALL CATEGORIES
    Today the FWT announces that men and women athletes will be awarded equal prize money across all categories beginning with the first event of FWT20.

When the world’s best freeriders drop into the first event of the FWT20 coming up January 18-25 in Hakuba, Japan, they will for the first time ever, be competing for equal prize money. The FWT makes this milestone announcement today as a commitment to gender equality in modern sports, striving to keep inspiring new generations of freeriders to chase the ultimate dream of earning a spot on the FWT.

FWT CEO, Nicolas Hale-Woods said, “this is a major step forward to elevate women freeride skiing and snowboarding, and is simply the right and only thing to do for the FWT. Our women athletes have proven their engagement in the sport with huge progression showcased these last years, becoming role models for many around the world."

Head judge, Berti Denervaud continued, “the move from Equal-Average to Equal Prize Money will hopefully encourage freeriders from categories with less licensed athletes compare to others categories, to participate at junior and amateur competitions and to qualify for the World Tour.”

Two-time Snowboard Women World Champion, Marion Haerty (FRA) said, "competing since the age of 10, I have been able to observe positive developments so that women, too, have the means to create their dreams in this discipline. For my part, I was lucky to be surrounded by incredible men who served as role models and encouraged me to keep progressing. I hope that this sends a message of empowerment to the next generations.”

Manuela Mandl (AUT) continued, “equal prize money is a sign of respect towards female athletes. I hope more and more girls will compete in the future and push the level of freeriding higher and higher. Freeriding is such a fulfilling and exciting sport, where you can learn a lot about yourself and nature too.”

Two-time Ski Men World Champ, Drew Tabke (USA) chimed in saying, “this does more than just make prize money equal. In fact, when averaged across each respective field, there are actually more dollars per female rider than male. I believe it’s the right move, as I’m confident it will push performance levels while growing worldwide participation of women in Freeride.“

This is an important day for the history of competitive freeride and the FWT is proud to lead by example towards greater equality in sports. The first event of FWT20 is coming up fast in Hakuba so be sure to keep an eye on the FWT website and social channels as the competition day approaches.
    Pretty cool.
    sproing!

Yeah, I was only replying to the storms you mentioned then moved on. sorry that wasn't clear.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Thanks for asking. He's living in Bellingham, taking online classes for winter quarter at WWU so he can ski Baker, and spending some time at Crystal where they made him a mt. ambassador. Rumor has it he's going to do some shooting with a certain Bellingham mag photographer of reasonable renown, which he's really stoked for.

While being a tour athlete was an amazing experience he's pretty stoked to be able to spend the winter shredding with his friends without the pressures of competition which have been a huge part of his winters for a long time, and pretty goddam intensely while on the tour. It was a pretty amazing ride for me too, for which I'm incredibly grateful.

I'm sure proud of him, so happy that he got to have those experiences, and it's great to see him poking around at other aspects of being a high-level rider while honoring his own way of doing things both in life and as an athlete.
    Well, if he ends up coming CO way for any reason, let us know, we'll make sure he's got a place to lay his head and some other high level guys to poke around with.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Durtchi is an interesting add. They seem to be embracing the freestyle vs big mountain freeride background right now.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

^^ Huh? Durtchi's TGR segments for the past decade have mostly been big mountain freeride...