Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Fair enough. FWQ and Junior is growing in Japan.

That said— gelende taxi is pulling all SNS headlines right now. https://www.instagram.com/p/B7gEhxrh...d=5nspoidoa2j0
    That is funny!

Yeah, what’s the deal? Their website is shit.
    Having a hard time figuring out when and how to watch here.

I'm guessing this is just for kicking horse and hakuba.
    Something to fill the anticipation gap. anyone remember when Jeff Holden broke the record for biggest air?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Yeah, what’s the deal? Their website is shit.
    Having a hard time figuring out when and how to watch here.
    On Instagram about 1 hour ago they were saying they would announce the broadcast time “soon”.

One thing they’ve really messed up with this new format is communication. If they had just committed to a specific time frame after the comp to have the video up, it would have gone a fair way to addressing lots of the criticism.

If you've been around the junior system and you're not familiar with the IFSA memes IG you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I'm guessing this is just for kicking horse and hakuba.
    Something to fill the anticipation gap. anyone remember when Jeff Holden broke the record for biggest air?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

So apparently we have Marcus E to blame according to the boss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sooooooooooo....it’s Sunday and I’m sick sitting on the couch...waiting....patiently....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Same for me.... sunday evening would suit me well. Ether rick&morty or fwt

Sent from ullr with love!

Checking in... can we watch this fucking thing yet? What a buzzkill... someone drop the link when it's up please. I'm sure their big premier right during NFL championship weekend will yield amazing results. ;-)

Also...live streaming is good.
    Being able to rewatch livestream after the fact is also good.
    After the fact edited tv-style version is also good.
    No reason not to do all of those for every event.

Anybody who has this thing figured out plese post it up

I’m tired of waiting. Who know’s anything about results? Some of you have friends competing. Let’s hear it.

Say what you will about WSL, but they make FWT look like complete amateurs. WSL would never decide not to live stream a major event.

Ok. They posted the broadcast times. Apparently not playing until tomorrow in the States...

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Ok. They posted the broadcast times. Apparently not playing until tomorrow in the States...

Wtf.
    3pm on a monday!
    Heyyy. Fuckyou.

Wtf.
    3pm on a monday!
    Heyyy. Fuckyou.
    Doesn’t sound like an “ideal time for all time zones” to me. At least it’s better than 4 AM if you’re in Perth.

Wtf.
    3pm on a monday!
    Heyyy. Fuckyou.
    It’s targeted at Newschoolers. They wanted to make sure they were out of bed...

I am mildly shocked that no one has spilled the beans yet.

I mean, I could tell you it was Hall, Turdell, Durtschi, but then you’d spend all of Monday until 3pm wondering if I’m an honest person with connections or if I’m full of BS...

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I mean, I could tell you it was Hall, Turdell, Durtschi, but then you’d spend all of Monday until 3pm wondering if I’m an honest person with connections or if I’m full of BS...

Well played sir, well played. But what I am really curious about is the women's snowboarding. Any scoops on that front.

Freeride World Tour - 2020

I’m here to say that I don’t want any spoilers to fuck with what’s left of the suspense in this event. I’m in Japan, and will try to watch tomorrow morning when I wake up!

I thought they gonna play like monday morning so all the kids can watch it at school under the bench and the office people on a 2nd tab.

I'm happy to wake up at 5am JP time for a show knowing it will be on. I'll reserve my judgements for later. I hope it's better than every other time I woke up at 5am for a comp's live feed. Or, 3am.

Same coffee, same couch, same big screen.

At the end of the day I just want the athletes to feel like they have their best avenue for their sport. They need composure. But they also need sponsors feeling happy. I hope the new feed isn't something the fans just skip through. I really want to see their stories. I want to feel a connection with their battles. If I feel rushed to a finish line I'm going to be pissed.

This is the sort of bullshit move that leads to an organization becoming irrelevant and dissolving. I hope that about 7 people watch their idiotic rebroadcast. I know I won't be watching any FWT event again because of this. They can go eat shit.

I don't want to see any puff pieces, I don't care about the backgrounds of the athletes or their "struggles," I don't want to see interviews with anyone. I want to watch the competition live, on mute (so I don't have to hear the brain-dead commentators) and be done with it.

Oh well, there are certainly better uses for those hours than watching FWT comps. Like going skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This is the sort of bullshit move that leads to an organization becoming irrelevant and dissolving. I hope that about 7 people watch their idiotic rebroadcast. I know I won't be watching any FWT event again because of this. They can go eat shit.

I don't want to see any puff pieces, I don't care about the backgrounds of the athletes or their "struggles," I don't want to see interviews with anyone. I want to watch the competition live, on mute (so I don't have to hear the brain-dead commentators) and be done with it.

Oh well, there are certainly better uses for those hours than watching FWT comps. Like going skiing.
    Ok fair points. Your decission. But nothing changing for the athlets skiing the gnar, how and where you warch it.

At the risk of belaboring the point, WSL's 2020 schedule includes stops at the bustling population centers of G-Land, Pipeline and Teahupoo, all of which will be live-streamed. The "these places are remote and hard to broadcast from" argument is seriously weak.