Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

CO Backcountry Ski Advice

Quote Originally Posted by smooth operator View Post
    Very well, I stand corrected. Just figured since it was the same toe as the beast 14 it would ski similar.
    Carry on.
    Since you didn’t specify, I assumed you were talking about the original Beast 16, which I haven’t skied.

I also did the same extensive testing on the Beast 14. It pretty much skied exactly like the Rad2 - just as harsh and very very little difference in ‘smoothness’ (suspension as Blister calls it) when compared to other bindings in its class. The only benefit it carried really was in theoretical release characteristics (I don’t have the mechanical engineering experience to engineer a test device for this).

Again, my guess is that you’ve been bit by differing conditions, differing skis, or our extremely poor perceptive memories? Or perhaps you’re overstating the differences? No shame in that. After having reviewed many skis over the years, both have happened to me often enough (usually when skiing on different days) that I only compare skis that are clearly different in performance over multiple days of back and forth, or that I’ve skied back to back - usually within 5-10 minutes of each other.

I live and tour in CO, and the Voile Supercharger is my only dedicated touring setup (178 length). I am looking to add a <90 underfoot ski for long spring sufferfests, and I have 190 Deathwishes that I can also tour on, but if I could only tour on one ski it would be the supercharger. I think superchargers+ MTNs would be awesome. I can't really comment too much on the bindings since I am a stupid tele skier, but my brother skis rotation 10s and I agree that they seem more complicated/heavy than needed. He also cracked the plastic base plate on one of them after a pretty mellow fall. Dynafit replaced it no questions asked but personally I like look of the simpler designs.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I am a stupid tele skier.
    Oddly come off with a lot of common sense and good grammar/spelling??? Just don’t like yourself? Like a CrossFit cat or something?? Bet you don’t even have a beer up top huh, just rip em n go?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I live and tour in CO, and the Voile Supercharger is my only dedicated touring setup (178 length). I am looking to add a <90 underfoot ski for long spring sufferfests, and I have 190 Deathwishes that I can also tour on, but if I could only tour on one ski it would be the supercharger. I think superchargers+ MTNs would be awesome. I can't really comment too much on the bindings since I am a stupid tele skier, but my brother skis rotation 10s and I agree that they seem more complicated/heavy than needed. He also cracked the plastic base plate on one of them after a pretty mellow fall. Dynafit replaced it no questions asked but personally I like look of the simpler designs.
    Just pulled the trigger on the SuperChargers with MTN so this is great to hear!