paging all cat owners and amateur vets- WTF, my cat has ring worms

Our cat was recently diagnosed with non specific allergies and is on a special diet for a few weeks. Just received a call from our vet saying she has tested positive for ring worms, looks like to follow up email ended up in our junk mail. Needless to say the cat is more beloved than any of our kids and has free run of the house including our bed where she sleeps UNDER the covers ,cuddled up next to MOM or DAD. Wife is freaking out a bit about the whole decontamination and possible skin infections with humans. What's the real scoop here on treatment, mitigating the spores and possible human issues ?

Shoot the cat and stock up on lamisil.

Hutash to the white courtesy phone.
    watch out for snakes

paging all cat owners and amateur vets- WTF, my cat has ring worms

I had ringworm when I was in grade school. It is a very common fungal infection. Couple things
    A) it is not a worm, they just call it that
    B) it is about as serious as athletes foot, in fact it is closely related.

It is easily cured with anti-fungal medication. Don't freak out. Your kids will be just fine.

Mayo Clinic says just use Over-The-Counter medication. Link says see a Dr. If after 2 weeks it does not clear up.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20353780

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Ummmm Congratulations to the Cat????
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"