Anterior vs. Posterior Hip Replacement?

Just got back from the Doc. Hip replacement on the left as soon as I get it scheduled. I knew it was coming, it hurts all the damn time. It's the side where I broke my pelvis in December of '17. He only does posterior. I've known this guy since college, he's a friend, and he's well-respected, for example he was the team ortho for the NBA Wizards and NHL Capitals. It's a busy practice, he does a lot of surgeries. He did surgery on my daughter's badly-broken shoulder about 10 years ago and there's been no issues.

He made the point that I should make up my own mind and that he will refer me to another Doc if I decide to go anterior. He said he does only posterior because he's more certain of the outcome and that essentially the difference to me would be 2 additional weeks of recovery.

The other hip is going to need it too but he thinks it will be okay for a couple years yet. Anybody have input for me on the anterior/posterior deal? Thanks.

There is a lot about this on-line.
    I found this, and much more.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 2.56.04 PM.png
Views: 5029
Size:  62.1 KB

https://www.arthritis-health.com/sur...ment-surgeries
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-p...y/mac-20429796
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/newsl...acement-better
    I think that it is sixes. The Harvard article seems telling, and somewhat disagrees with the photo that I posted. Read them. They are short.

Personally, I'd rather have the scar on the outer thigh, than the interior pelvis
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Thanks C. Yeah I spent some time googling and reading since the appointment, I was mainly wondering if anybody had any personal experience. Any chance you could cut-and-paste that Harvard article, I'd rather not have to subscribe just to read one article.

One other thing, if you are looking for a second opinion, look up Dr. Richard A. Berger. He is an MIT and Tufts grad. He did both of my brother in laws hips. Right now, his practice is in Chicago, and he is supposed to be the "gold standard" of the anterior approach.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 3.19.02 PM.png
Views: 290
Size:  90.4 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I’m really muscular. That made it more difficult to do the anterior approach and the surgeon chipped off my greater trochanter. Negating the benefit of faster recovery.

I’d find the best surgeon and let him do the procedure he’s most comfortable with.