WTB: 185 CM Touring ski (NEW) and 165 CM womens ski

Im on the market for two new pairs of skis for my parents. Both of them are outgrowing their older setups and finally want to upgrade.

My dad is looking for a new touring ski to put some Large Tyrolia Adrenalins on, or if anyone is selling a good touring setup I may be able to work something out. In the 185+ range would be perfect, from a 100-110MM waist as well. Max of $400.

For my mom I am trying to find her a new pair of all mountain sticks in the 165cm range. With or without bindings could work. 85-95mm waist preferred and same price range.

Let me know if anyone knows of any good deals out there! Thanks!

Praxis GPO with vipec at 307 for $500. Pics in my post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Cham 107 2.0 183 , unmounted/undrilled ladies tops Black with silver and pink trim. The same ski just a diff top than the mens model. $245 shipped conus

Cham 87 2.0 165 with either Markers or Looks (have to ck) maybe 15 days of use tops, ladies tops (white) Mint, $375 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Cham 107 2.0 183 , unmounted/undrilled ladies tops Black with silver and pink trim. The same ski just a diff top than the mens model. $245 shipped conus

Cham 87 2.0 165 with either Markers or Looks (have to ck) maybe 15 days of use tops, ladies tops (white) Mint, $375 shipped
    Messaged about those Cham 87s.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post

Clear your PMs

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Praxis GPO with vipec at 307 for $500. Pics in my post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Too many holes sorry... I would need to remount em.

My local shop has a 181 Chugach setup with Dynafit skins and ST 2.0 for $500 that I would be willing to help ship.

They also have a pair of synapse 92 165-ish Dynafits for $400 I think.

400 is a pretty tight budget without friends hooking you up. I just helped my dad fix his heels and upgrade from old Rottefella and Tua. It was fun imagining the possibilities and telling him the benefits of lighter gear, more efficient bindings and modern designs. Then we hit the price. There will be compromises, but if they have any flexibility, try to talk to them about the difference between a $400 setup and the $500-$600 ones above. My dad ended up with boots from the rental fleet, BD Helio 88, Marker alpinist, and BD skins -all at 40% off. So, considering how long he rode his old skis, he has a setup that will last the rest of his days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    My local shop has a 181 Chugach setup with Dynafit skins and ST 2.0 for $500 that I would be willing to help ship.

They also have a pair of synapse 92 165-ish Dynafits for $400 I think.

400 is a pretty tight budget without friends hooking you up. I just helped my dad fix his heels and upgrade from old Rottefella and Tua. It was fun imagining the possibilities and telling him the benefits of lighter gear, more efficient bindings and modern designs. Then we hit the price. There will be compromises, but if they have any flexibility, try to talk to them about the difference between a $400 setup and the $500-$600 ones above. My dad ended up with boots from the rental fleet, BD Helio 88, Marker alpinist, and BD skins -all at 40% off. So, considering how long he rode his old skis, he has a setup that will last the rest of his days.

I appreciate the feedback. Im mainly just looking for skis in that budget which seems to be pretty reasonable. Im planning on putting on the frame bindings right now and then he will use his old AT boots until we come across more funds to buy tech bindings and boots. Im definitely interested in that Chugach setup though.. it will be a little short given that he is 6'2-3 but I think for touring it could be fine.

For the women's all mountain ski, is this also with touring in mind?

I have a pair of 165 Atomic backland 85s with small Atomic Guardians and skins. It's been a solid all mountain resort setup and is ok for the occasional short tour. It's probably a tad heavy for dedicated touring. The bindings and skins are in good shape if I'm remembering correctly. Can't remember what shape the bases are in. If you're interested I can check and post pics.

185 Nordica Wild Fire 137-107-125 mounted with Guardian 13 w/skins.
    $400 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    185 Nordica Wild Fire 137-107-125 mounted with Guardian 13 w/skins.
    $400 shipped.
    OP says they have interest in and budget up to $400 for just skis so the Cham offer seems like the ticket.

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Thanks to all for the responses. I ended up grabbing some 2019 Volkl Yumi's for 50% off from Epic Mountain Gear for my mother, but im still on the search for my dad.

Im interested in pin binding setups for him as well, skip the need to mount these frame bindings on. They have to be atleast 185 cm as he is a pretty tall guy. Thanks!