Trading my 185 Cochise for your 185-190 pow ski

I have pair of orange bull Blizzard Cochise skis in 185 (Can't remember the exact year). Skied about 30 days with expected wear/tear. Mounted with marker griffins, original mount, I believe for 326mm (28.5 boot). These did get a recent full tune last year mid-season.

I really like these skis, but want something fatter for deeper days.

Looking for pretty much anything in decent enough shape, that's between 183-191 or so. Wanting >110 underfoot, with tip or full ticket.

I can send pics if anyone is interested. I'd prefer dealing locally so we don't have to ship older skis, but am also open to other options if needed. I'm located in Vancouver, BC.

Thanks,
    Jesse

I'll hunt thru the shed tomorrow. I'm in banff. MIght have 189 pontoons (new/2nd generation) not sure what else/

Minty Spurs may do the trick? Often down in the area. Just posted them up.

Thanks to both of you for getting in touch. Alive, I'm definitely interested, mine seem like older version than yours - are you fine with that?

Mtnlion, I'm also interested in your deal, but worried the pontoons are too much ski for resort conditions? What's your thoughts on them at a resort (Whistler, local Vancouver mtns).

I skied spurs two days at whistler and they ate vertical and chutes. A lot of fun for big mtn pow, just saying

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Will send a PM

Any interest in the first year 190 Squad 7s? The real ones with the white top sheet, not that lightweight honeycomb bullshit. Mounted once for large dukes at +1.5 for a 327bsl. They're 120 underfoot with like a 30m radius. My previous daily was a 188 RC112, but I still thought these were fairly burly and coming from a Cochise you may like them. Quite a few days and show some use, but recently tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Thanks to both of you for getting in touch. Alive, I'm definitely interested, mine seem like older version than yours - are you fine with that?

Mtnlion, I'm also interested in your deal, but worried the pontoons are too much ski for resort conditions? What's your thoughts on them at a resort (Whistler, local Vancouver mtns).
    for a pow day they are great. A few locals use 'toons on normal days too, but fun in the right place.

I might have a few other options, maybe PM me?

Here's some pictures and a little more information. These are 2013s, bought in 2014. Recently turned. Bases and edges are in good condition - whole ski is really. I know some people preferred this vintage to newer ones. Super stable, but also maneuverable. Also carves surprisingly well for biggish ski. Mainly trading cause I've got better hard snow ski, but don't have something for deep snow.
    Hmm, can't figure out how to add photo on my phone. I'll try again laterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191004_155345.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	507.9 KB 
ID:	296474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191004_155237.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	740.7 KB 
ID:	296475Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191004_155134.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	544.8 KB 
ID:	296476
    Last edited by Jesse; 10-04-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr walker View Post
    Any interest in the first year 190 Squad 7s? The real ones with the white top sheet, not that lightweight honeycomb bullshit. Mounted once for large dukes at +1.5 for a 327bsl. They're 120 underfoot with like a 30m radius. My previous daily was a 188 RC112, but I still thought these were fairly burly and coming from a Cochise you may like them. Quite a few days and show some use, but recently tuned.
    Might be interested, but I was hoping for more if a 'fun' shape rather than a charger.. especially in a deep snow ski. What year are these?

Bump - still hoping for someone to get some use out of these, and I could use a fun powder ski. Thanks.

I have a pair of 189 K2 obsethed (117 mm version) 2 mounts, the first for head mojo 15's (which instill have) for a 305 bsl, and currently for tele). Could use a tune but no core shots/edge/sidewall issues. Very fun pivoty feel. Like a more versatile Hellbent.
    Let me know.

Bridge/MrWalker are either of you located locally to Vancouver, BC?

MtnLion, I'm definitely interested in your atomics or Salomon's if they are still free after the swap meet. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Might be interested [in mr walker's first year 190 Squad 7s], but I was hoping for more if a 'fun' shape rather than a charger.. especially in a deep snow ski. What year are these?
    Those Squad7's are indeed "fun shape", not chargers. I think mr walker merely meant that this funshape isn't watered down as much as other fun shapes, so you can still get decent stability at speed. That year is 2012-13. They measure about 186.4cm, which most brands would label as "188", so Rossi's label of "190" is misleading. Good ski if it matches your personal tastes.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I am in Utah, but I would cover shipping of you're interested

What Vitamin I said. My Squads are the 2012-2013 versions. Blister did a good review on them that led to me buying a pair, and I agree with their assessment. They can definitely stomp crud, but have good dimensions and enough rocker to make it fun in soft snow. Rossi nailed it with this ski, it’s just too wide to be a daily for me anymore especially on boilerplate. If they made it in a 110 width and a slightly shorter radius it would be my forever ski. I’ve actually considered getting custom skis made to that spec...I digress.

I also own a pair of the 189 Obsetheds that Bridge has. They’re obviously super fun in soft snow, and have great stability for what they are, which is why I won’t sell mine. The tips will flap at high speeds, but the skis won’t fold on you. I work in all of my skis (well, I used to), and they were pretty scary on ice or hard pack with the amount of rocker and reduced running length, but were fine as long as they were tuned...which was pretty much never. Overall great skis.

Skevik Loken 116, 188cm

Skied maybe 5x

Comes with Warden MNC 13. Mount for 322 BSL

I have 6 other skis and never skied these. Sitting in my garage.

In north vancouver.

I'd consider a trade as is + some chump change because I don't think my touring boots fit griffons or trade and swap bindings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They would be a fun pow ski with charge capability.

Not too much camber, softish tips, sturdy underfoot.

That sounds great, I'm in North Van too. So it's super easy to meet with no shipping costs.

My number is 604-seven two seven-2341.

Thanks

Traded

Thanks SkiMTN19. See you out there.

Easy dealings, thanks !

5/5