Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Suicide at gun club

Has anyone heard about this?

A person walks into a gun club in Summit County, gives his ID, signs a waiver and rents a gun to use for target practice. Instead, he kills himself with it.
    This is disturbing in many different ways.
    https://kutv.com/news/local/sheriffs...shoots-himself.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Not alarming at all.. They followed every single rule and and law to the letter except one..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Thats creepy. The gun range I go to, people of all shapes and sizes come in. They will rent you full auto weapons. And they watch everyone very closely. They make sure you don't accidentally hurt yourself. But more important they are armed and make real sure you don't hurt others.

The world is becoming more and more "Twisted" of more twisted people in it/

Arm yourself -
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Why spend $400 buying a gun if you're only going to use it once?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Well, it's not like he's going to be spending on anything else from here on out

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    They make sure you don't accidentally hurt yourself. But more important they are armed and make real sure you don't hurt MANY others.
    Fixed it for you. It would be pretty easy to kill at least one or five people in a gun range as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of 99% certain death as soon as others realized what was happening. Heck, those other good guys might accidentally take out a few of eachother in the cross fire chaos you caused.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    More for the ones he left behind. I applaud his frugality. RIP

I know that while these gun club employees are well trained, they are not TSA agents. Can you imagine the composure this victim must have displayed not to ring any alarm bells. It's not like he was trying to smuggle a few blunts onto an airplane. It must have been tough not to sweat profusely, of stammer when talking, or act suspicious while making the transaction.

This just seems to make it too easy for anyone who doesn't want to live any longer. ...scary
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I know that while these gun club employees are well trained, they are not TSA agents. Can you imagine the composure this victim must have displayed not to ring any alarm bells. It's not like he was trying to smuggle a few blunts onto an airplane. It must have been tough not to sweat profusely, of stammer when talking, or act suspicious while making the transaction.

This just seems to make it too easy for anyone who doesn't want to live any longer. ...scary
    Exactly - dude must have been some kinda sociopath. Shit half the people staffing the gun ranges are retired or moonlighting cops. - They would could spot a weeping death wish a mile away.

I don't even go if I have a hangover, with a chance they smell alcohol on my breath.

its a really safe place.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Kinda the same thing but more weird a while back at my favorite mom and pop store in the South Bay. I always enjoyed the used rack in there.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...un-2523499.php

https://www.smdailyjournal.com/news/...edef086d7.html

Quote Originally Posted by scrambledbacon View Post
    More for the ones he left behind. I applaud his frugality. RIP
    well done

I don’t know but from what I think once you make the decision to off yourself some people get relief and then the process of actually carrying it out can be quite methodical. Not all but some of the planned suicides I would think. The weight of life will be lifted soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Fixed it for you. It would be pretty easy to kill at least one or five people in a gun range as long as you're willing to accept the consequences of 99% certain death as soon as others realized what was happening. Heck, those other good guys might accidentally take out a few of eachother in the cross fire chaos you caused.

Think of the poor guy who had to clean up the guy's brains at the gun club.

Maybe it was some sort of gun violence protest. Dude laid it all out for his cause.

No shit.

...at least in UT. .....and maybe Florida.

https://www.news-press.com/story/new...da/3365448002/

To rent a gun, most places here require two or or more people or already have a gun with you. It’s not a law but general practice. Seems like a decent method to prevent suicides.

happened at a range near me... same idea... rent a gun with no license or check... was a hole in the roof for a long time before it was fixed!

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I feel the same way about chairlifts (and really any structure over 15' in height, but that is too broad of a category to focus my advocacy on). Too easy for a suicidal individual to just jump off head first. I've been working with local grassroots groups across the US advocating that all aerial chairlifts be replaced with surface lifts to prevent suicidal people from jumping. Can I count on your support getting this movement 'off the ground' in the Wasatch?

I've seen that all over Austria. It just doesn't work for steep terrain.....but that is why trams were invented

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Maybe it was some sort of gun violence protest. Dude laid it all out for his cause.
    Some Dumbjongguy making a statement?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Some Dumbjongguy making a statement?
    You wish.. I only shoot targets at the range. .. in spite of how clueless I am there..