Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I used to just go out and fix office products which I actualy liked doing well enough, go out on the road to wrench 7 or 8 selectrics a day I was just a glorifyed mechanic in a suit on a big fucking road trip

Then one day a guy comes in the room, tells us we were gona be computer fixers, In spite of exactly zero education OR interest, I managed to keep at the HW gig while others faded away or whatever

At some point they gave all of us LT's, they gave us links to the mother corp, they told us to use the LT, they told us to become " E-centric " (their buzz word of the month)

I discovered that the www was just like a big fucking road map of the USA in that everything was connected to everything, I got on boatertalk, on TT.com, on NSMB, on TGR, pretty soon I had pages of links to paddle/ski/bike sites and all the associated products but I had zero IBM links

Cuz I could give zero fucks about computers, besides it all changed so fast if i needed info I would call the guy who knows what info i need and have him send me the link so I didnt have to know much, I just had to know the guy who knows everything

pretty soon I was spending too much time on line instead of fixing things, probably contributing to my corporate demise, fortunalty by then I was a 30 yar man ...I was golden

Anyone asks I say corporate life was like riding in a rodeo, you get on, you hang on, you ride to the bell

a whole lot of bull inbetween

sounds like a wild fkn(A) time...

Holy thread drift ( -I think ) Batman.

I do like the legends of the forums
    ( a lot of stuff, you Just Could Not make up )

Thanks... tj

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I miss the chat. I talked more there.

Wow. Forgot about the chat. I remember I used to use it with Scoober and Lan quite a bit. They were fun people.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    sounds like a wild fkn(A) time...

Holy thread drift ( -I think ) Batman.

I do like the legends of the forums
    ( a lot of stuff, you Just Could Not make up )

Thanks... tj
    well the take away would be all I used to do was go out to fix a lot of HW

very very fast, good MTTR stats

very very cheap, low parts cost stats

until they created a monster and thats how i became a legend ( really? ) but look at what the WWW and all this on-line shit has done to us, it might have cost me a career but OTOH since i was golden they had to give me the full pension AND a years severance
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-03-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow. Forgot about the chat. I remember I used to use it with Scoober and Lan quite a bit. They were fun people.
    Totally - they were great! Although I will say my work productivity increased when that went away... miss that kumquat chick too, she was a totally hotty. /channelingcreepythread

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

back to the OP

he drove me to a party once. In Denver. We lived in SLC. We drank liquor from an Ice luge and then the owner gave us hammers and we demolished the front rooms.

Altachic saw his bare ass through a sliding glass window, she then saw a beer can fly out from apparently between it
    then he fell over
    I walked through said door laughing

his wife made out with my GF at the time after a TGR premiere in Park City

wait..

diffferent mag.

But when he used to come back for those premieres when he worked for TGR, well

heres to Frozen!

HUZZAH!

That pic of him singing karaoke and flashing his tit is on here somewhere, it has to be.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im pretty sure he was there the night the meats iceluge scored on jeebus and there was almost a crucifixion
    well yeah
    thats truth
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im pretty sure he was there the night the meats iceluge scored on jeebus and there was almost a crucifixion
    well yeah
    thats truth
    truth was a whole nother kettle of fish

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    truth was a whole nother kettle of fish
    Truth wasn't Jesus that night, that was another long time mag that shall remain unnamed unless he wants to out himself.
    I'm not sure how much OP wants shared but I have a great drunk party story with him from one hazy night long ago.

Four-wheelers in the back yard?

Way back in the day I went to a party at frozen's house and MacDaddy was there in black cowboy boots, black leather pants, no shirt and a black leather cowboy hat with a black leather backpack that had a thermos of frozen vodka, a thermos of frozen gin, a shaker glass, martini glasses and a container of olives in it. Possibly some vermouth but I don't recall it. After that I don't remember too much.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Truth was the one hellbent on crucification
    And jeebus was unable to turn the alcohol back to bloods
    Is how's I members it anyhow
    And mcdaddy was in drag or letting his Lou Reed walk on the wild side there too
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Way back in the day I went to a party at frozen's house and MacDaddy was there in black cowboy boots, black leather pants, no shirt and a black leather cowboy hat with a black leather backpack that had a thermos of frozen vodka, a thermos of frozen gin, a shaker glass, martini glasses and a container of olives in it. Possibly some vermouth but I don't recall it. After that I don't remember too much.
    there was a Dutch? mag there too with some heretofor unkown Euroliquor he was handing out like candy

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Truth was the one hellbent on crucification
    And jeebus was unable to turn the alcohol back to bloods
    Is how's I members it anyhow
    And mcdaddy was in drag or letting his Lou Reed walk on the wild side there too
    Yep, that sounds right.

I'm pretty sure I was there with you. I recall having a conversation with you on the deck.

Yeah I remember we talked and that's the night I met altachic too, she was all mad because I didn't say hi but I didn't know who she was. We got it sorted though.

That pic of him singing karaoke and flashing his tit is on here somewhere, it has to be.
    LOL!!! Forgot all about that. Love you Fred!

Did some searching with no luck but I did find posts referencing it from 2005.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I think you are going to have to spend a few hours searching through the lower scores on FYR...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Totally - they were great! Although I will say my work productivity increased when that went away... miss that kumquat chick too, she was a totally hotty. /channelingcreepythread

Kumquat was okay, sweet on the outside but overall bitter.

kinda seedy too.

kinda seedy too.
    A real tart that one.

#facepalm

Bring back the tags.

Time is a bitch. Too many of us grew up/stopped being self destructive/realized our hidey hole had a clear window to the world on it.
    Hope all are doing well.
    -one from the background

I'm Sorry Buster. I wish life was better, easier, but grateful for friends that smooth the way.

damn mocha's, be the death of me. drinking one right now. Office looks a bit better than our old one, but no bar downstairs, -1,000,000 points.