Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Sorry to read that, Buster. Condolences.

I'm sorry Buster. I was in an existential stew pot some years back when my dad died, my mother ceased being the person I knew her to be and my brother found some particularly divisive version of Jesus that didn't allow me near him. We all have a need to connect backwards and forward but I found peace in the simplicity of forward connectivity with my kids, which is their look back and grounding agent. I guess I realized I had been promoted but that meant losing something.

I promise I'm not high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I don't like most people anyway...(snip)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yes, condolences Buster.

I've met a lot of good people IRL...
    Heh, he says that...
    My experience with him IRL is a little different, which is to say, not that different from you and me.
    JMO though, and if he feels differently, I'm sure he'll say as much.

Condolences B.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

peace to your family, buster

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I'm sorry Buster. I was in an existential stew pot some years back when my dad died, my mother ceased being the person I knew her to be and my brother found some particularly divisive version of Jesus that didn't allow me near him. We all have a need to connect backwards and forward but I found peace in the simplicity of forward connectivity with my kids, which is their look back and grounding agent. I guess I realized I had been promoted but that meant losing something.

I promise I'm not high right now.
    I found that to be remarkably profound.

Even before I got to the last sentence.
    I still call it The Jake.

vibes++++++ buster
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Frozenwater good to see you checking in.

Buster, sorry for your loss.

I doesn't seem like too long ago I went cat skiing with a bunch of OG on the Kandahar trip.

It must be almost 20 years after the exodus. Relative time is picking up speed as personal entropy kicks in. Feels like it was just Spring. Trying to enjoy each season and what it has to offer without looking to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    We all figured this out from scratch. There was no template for an online community. Plenty of triumphs, plenty of bullshit.

It turns out Aspen Extreme was right: skiing really is the easy part.

I find it cognitively dissonant that the people here and talking shit here have been so important to me over the years, but it’s nearly impossible to explain that to anyone outside the group.
    Amen! Man this place was awesome back in the day!

Sorry to hear Buster, I hope things improve with time.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Still awesome. Hang around more. It changes like everything does. Still a bunch of people here I like, still a bunch of too-smart too-educated white people (like always), some funnier and smarter than others.

Some disingenuous trollers like Ron Johnson et al but who fucking cares? Fuck them. I can't believe you morons keep feeding that shit but yes I totally believe it. And expect it. And don't worry about it. At all.

Hey Frozen -- I just got a mocha in your honor. There's a place here that makes them with Nutella. I think I'd have had a 3-a-day habit if the VC did that.

Agree with ice. I think this place has loads of awesome people, I think it's mostly that it has grown so much that it's harder to individually connect. But I am still amazed all the time by what we have here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It really hasn't grown. There's always been like 30 people who post a lot, another 30-50 fairly-frequent posters, maybe another hundred who chime in here and there, and that's it.

People talk about the glory days of PowMag/TGR and I do admit it was funnier here than seems humanly possible for a while, but the really funny thing about that is, they all bailed to facebook. This is like 15 years ago. And now that facebook has been revealed to be the shitshow that it was aways obvious it was, they come back around from time to time. And talk about how much they missed us.

Hm. Been right here the whole time. Nice to see you but I'm not all that worked up about it.

mild bill, spicoli, tong hands, schmear, tyrone shoelaces, su pu, pinner, lemon boy, the Rev (who peeks in occasionally), klar, md9, pHunk, that was a stew of spantasmic now gone weirdos who could really get it rolling . the spirit is still here, icemang's keeping the ball in play.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

fuck yeah I am. The young guy needs to keep shit alive.

Let's see, a story.
    One fine time, a pal and I were at a party at a house on Milwaukie Avenue in Portland. It was sort of a punk party, the Wipers were playing and we were getting drunk and making slappy with the girls.

So the evening is winding down and there was 1 quart of beer left that my buddy and I were fighting over.

Not quite Bukowski level, but pulling at it taking swigs and fighting. I happened to decide to let go once when my pal was yanking the bottle away and he pulled right into his mouth, smashing his teeth and chipping a from tooth. There was blood and a mess and some lassies who came to check on us.

So we decided we'd had enough and encouraged a couple of girls to come with to ride back to party elsewhere. My pal, K, had a killer fast Mazda RX2, one of the early wankel engines, the thing roared.

So K punches the sled back toward the other side of town heading for one of our consorts houses.

On the way, heading up Holgate, we crossed 28th street going around 60mph. That intersection has a big hill to a sharp transition where we found ourselves airborne through the light at the intersection with a cop car sitting stopped on 28th at the light.

An old beater truck, like a 56 chevy dome hood, had taken a right turn right in front of us, so as we landed, K slams on the brakes and veers into the curb flatting both passenger side tires. With lights on the cop walks around to K, who rolls down the window and puts his hands up and says "you got me officer". The cop looks in, sees us and asks where we were going. Kathy in the back seat says "oh, we live justa couple blocks up.

So the cop leans in to K and deadeyes him, saying, we're going to follow you up there, You will park the car and you will not drive again tonight, correct?

Yes SIR, belts Kirk.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    the people who keep score in life are the most unhappy.
    Well fuck. I never liked math.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    vibes b
    i kinda always thought of this place as a big communial garden
    sow seeds of what you want where ya want
    watch em grow and the like minded similiar in tolerance and wants and needs tend to gel togather
    i leave this 4 you

and
    well yeah
    ski ya round yurps uber doubtful but ill try and catch ya at alpy or on your annual migration east
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Vibes buster. I’m in w my mom right now, in that bouncing in and out of the hospital spiral. I hope you find peace in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Just a Jong here, but I have to say that I have had one or two hilarious nearly-blackout drunk nights with Frozen. Ask him about running from the cops on the way back home from the Teton Teepee...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just a Jong here, but I have to say that I have had one or two hilarious nearly-blackout drunk nights with Frozen. Ask him about running from the cops on the way back home from the Teton Teepee...
    I think it's time frozen spilled the beans and gave us his first-person account of that field of dreams....

Some of these post counts are tremendous. I've always been monitoring from afar, I pick my spots for posts... Hola Sofia!!
    Never met a bad one in person, yet.

My thoughts are with you B, not easy.

Back to lurk mode....

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Let's see, a story.
    One fine time, a pal and I were at a party at a house on Milwaukie Avenue in Portland. It was sort of a punk party, the Wipers were playing and we were getting drunk and making slappy with the girls.

So the evening is winding down and there was 1 quart of beer left that my buddy and I were fighting over.

Not quite Bukowski level, but pulling at it taking swigs and fighting. I happened to decide to let go once when my pal was yanking the bottle away and he pulled right into his mouth, smashing his teeth and chipping a from tooth. There was blood and a mess and some lassies who came to check on us.

So we decided we'd had enough and encouraged a couple of girls to come with to ride back to party elsewhere. My pal, K, had a killer fast Mazda RX2, one of the early wankel engines, the thing roared.

So K punches the sled back toward the other side of town heading for one of our consorts houses.

On the way, heading up Holgate, we crossed 28th street going around 60mph. That intersection has a big hill to a sharp transition where we found ourselves airborne through the light at the intersection with a cop car sitting stopped on 28th at the light.

An old beater truck, like a 56 chevy dome hood, had taken a right turn right in front of us, so as we landed, K slams on the brakes and veers into the curb flatting both passenger side tires. With lights on the cop walks around to K, who rolls down the window and puts his hands up and says "you got me officer". The cop looks in, sees us and asks where we were going. Kathy in the back seat says "oh, we live justa couple blocks up.

So the cop leans in to K and deadeyes him, saying, we're going to follow you up there, You will park the car and you will not drive again tonight, correct?

Yes SIR, belts Kirk.
    And? Story's just getting started.

Aldo we had some laughs, I still have that little plastic bong you sent me btw. Haven't used it in years but i know right where it is. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Some of these post counts are tremendous. I've always been monitoring from afar, I pick my spots for posts... Hola Sofia!!
    Never met a bad one in person, yet.

My thoughts are with you B, not easy.

Back to lurk mode....
    Hey Aldo, I chatted with Turnin' Pete the other day. He's still getting after it