Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    So my mom died a couple of days ago.

It's been a nightmare of trying to manage her care from 3200 miles away. She's had dementia for years and my control freak dad kept her in their condo in FL and refused over 30 years of pleading to move somewhere closer. They never really liked me obstructions to their life; it was clear I was always one.

My alcoholic brother died 4 years ago, my dad 2 years ago and now mom's gone. So I'm the tree node now.

I guess I've been too dependent on this collection of weirdos over the years to provide a sense of place.

I don't like most people anyway. Somehow, even before dad's passing, I got to a little bit of a cruise control about connectivity, it being completely absent on my side of the family, subject to my FIL rantings and rereretold war stories where it's clear that he's the only one that matters. Fuck the world of the self absorbed, but shit it feels alien so much of the time. Where's the flow?

I'm super lucky to have made good friends through this little eddy in the digital stream of the innert00bs. Peace, love, pow and Trans Send Dance, people.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

It's been a nightmare of trying to manage her care from 3200 miles away. She's had dementia for years and my control freak dad kept her in their condo in FL and refused over 30 years of pleading to move somewhere closer. They never really liked me obstructions to their life; it was clear I was always one.

My alcoholic brother died 4 years ago, my dad 2 years ago and now mom's gone. So I'm the tree node now.

I guess I've been too dependent on this collection of weirdos over the years to provide a sense of place.

I don't like most people anyway. Somehow, even before dad's passing, I got to a little bit of a cruise control about connectivity, it being completely absent on my side of the family, subject to my FIL rantings and rereretold war stories where it's clear that he's the only one that matters. Fuck the world of the self absorbed, but shit it feels alien so much of the time. Where's the flow?

I'm super lucky to have made good friends through this little eddy in the digital stream of the innert00bs. Peace, love, pow and Trans Send Dance, people.
    So sorry Buster. We're here for you!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So sorry Buster. We're here for you!
    tanx goil, y00 r00ls!

Christ, B. That's some shit. At least you'll always have this place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Christ, B. That's some shit. At least you'll always have this place.
    All the love d00d, and thanks. Let's ski sometime, I always blow through Mtn Home en route back and forth, I'll stop in one of these daze.

Aw Buster. That sucks. I hope I get to ski with you this season, and I’ll bring a nice bottle of wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Aw Buster. That sucks. I hope I get to ski with you this season, and I’ll bring a nice bottle of wine.
    Thanks d00d.
    Yurp or SWCO?
    You really should do the Switzerland deal, it will blow your mind. Other sites are in sight as well.

Holy shit, it's frozenwater. Glad to see you around again. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I think we crossed paths at the Tahoe summit. And as much as I feel like an old timer, it has only been about 18 years since my first post on powmag after telenater convinced me to join. And buy some G41's.

Compared to some of you other old farts, I'm still just a kid.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Damn Buster I’m sorry to hear.

I think I joined powmag Sept ‘99 as well

I still have that crazily heavy helmet you left with me at Whistler Fred

condolences, Buster --

Moms are different :
    Their love -whatever form it takes, Good, or not. - never leaves us. ...

Yes : snow riders are different. ... But perhaps Not so different from others that find Freedom in moving through the world :

Sandy was a biker, first ;

JB is a spirit - who found snowboarding ;

Mike is a skier who is a successful Entrepenuer(sp?) ;

Don is a skier. A farmer. a Great family Man ;

These men are my friends.

splat. FKNA : Hell, yes. !
    never met him : Love what splat has done.

-J : my Yeti warrior friend : keeping the faith - twenty-five years later...

rock on, my friends ! maggs... tj

" ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Never ceases to make me laugh that I got here 14 years ago and I missed this place in its heyday.
    Ain't that the truth. remember thinkin it was like a raging frat party where everyone had flunked outta college and didnt give a shit. I bet we saved at least $1k on each of the 7 family trips out west since; just from reading the area threads. Gradually got drawn in...
    Last edited by Marshall Tucker; 09-30-2019 at 06:36 AM.
    "Can't you see..."

Sorry Buster. It's a tough thing but in a way it's a new beginning, I know you'll make the most of it. Welcome to the orphan club!

It's kind of funny, when all this started everybody ragged on me for being old. Now 20 years later it seems like most of the people are older than me. Yes I blame Rob Story of course but also it helps that I refuse to grow up and I'm sticking with that plan. Cheers you old fucks.

These archives are a trip - here is the thread that gave birth to the PMGEAR BRO model

https://web.archive.org/web/20021202...ML/007292.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PMGear_Birth.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	295833

Yo Frozen! Sounds like we’ve both made some progress. Time to start skiing again. Hopefully no more god awful shit happens to us again. Cheers.

Vibes Buster.

Thanks d00d.
    Yurp or SWCO?
    You really should do the Switzerland deal, it will blow your mind. Other sites are in sight as well.
    Both. This winter should be much better for travel than the last few.

I third the Switzerland deal. I’ll be 50 in 2 yrs and am thinking about renting a cabin for at least a month. Fuck it.

Time to start living before you die.

Dying ain't much of a living, boy.

Buster I'd love to join you on an adventure or 3 but it's been hard to justify with the condo and a pass. It's been a good thing for a long time but I'm over it. I seem to be making some headway with herself on that deal. If we do that I would definitely be up for taking some trips like normal (and some Abby Normal) people do instead of going the same place every time.

Vibes Buster. You're good people, hope to meet you (and some of these other kooks) in person some day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn Buster, so sorry to hear that my friend. Thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

Condolences Buster.

buster condolences

i didn't catch this thread the first time. i thought i went of the deep end when I was divorced. i was in the kiddy pool.... it was fun and it still is, until it's not

+20. Really sorry to hear Buster.
    I still call it The Jake.

You kids today. Jeez, you act like you know everything, like how bad the war is, how you should be able to grow your hair, do what makes you feel good, take drugs, like the establishment sucks and you can't trust anyone over 30.
    New boss, same as the old boss?

Yes, condolences Buster.

I don't like most people anyway.
    I've met a lot of good people IRL, so I can't really relate to the negativity you have toward others. If you find a group of real people (and not internet personas) who like to do the same things you do in a constructive way, you'll collect some good friends along the way and be a lot happier. For me it's been the team sports I participate in, and a couple non-profits I'm involved with. Don't be afraid to give more than you get as the people who keep score in life are the most unhappy.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang