Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Really liking the range of motion. Are people touring with tongues on and off? And with off, any tips on an efficient process. Seems overly fiddly to put the tongues back on and rebuckle.
    Always tongues off for me. Once you do it a few times it's pretty quick.

I keep my tongues on a cheap carabiner on the side of my hip belt...it dramatically speeds up your transitions if you can avoid opening your pack.

Here's my process:
    1. Flip over risers, stomp down heel to click in
    2. Rip skins (while keeping skis on, takes a little practice at first but so much faster and minimizes icing issues)
    3. Put skins inside jacket
    4. Take tongues off carabiner
    5. Bend over once and flip down walk lever, install tongue, buckle, crank power strap, and unlock toes

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    I keep my tongues on a cheap carabiner on the side of my hip belt...it dramatically speeds up your transitions if you can avoid opening your pack.

Here's my process:
    1. Flip over risers, stomp down heel to click in
    2. Rip skins (while keeping skis on, takes a little practice at first but so much faster and minimizes icing issues)
    3. Put skins inside jacket
    4. Take tongues off carabiner
    5. Bend over once and flip down walk lever, install tongue, buckle, crank power strap, and unlock toes
    Nice! Thanks!
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Anybody here have a 100 last foot able to ski these? I'm looking to replace my Panterra 120's with a boot I can do short tours in without killing downhill. I'm realizing that i'm swimming in my 26.5 Panterras width wise, with 2cm in the back. Also wondering if they are too still for a 155lb advanced skier who is working on getting more aggressive. The Lupo AX HD has been suggested earlier as an option, but i'm worried about the flex.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Anybody here have a 100 last foot able to ski these? I'm looking to replace my Panterra 120's with a boot I can do short tours in without killing downhill. I'm realizing that i'm swimming in my 26.5 Panterras width wise, with 2cm in the back. Also wondering if they are too still for a 155lb advanced skier who is working on getting more aggressive. The Lupo AX HD has been suggested earlier as an option, but i'm worried about the flex.
    You realize the Pro HD and AX HD are very different fits, right? (But both are significantly lower volume than your current Panterra).

Feet have different levels of compressibility, people define pain in different ways, and different skiers have different performance requirements, but the AX 100mm last is fairly roomy. I would guess any of the 98mm Lupos would be a better starting point, even if they may require a little shell work - that would include the Pro HD, 130 C, and Factory.

Normally I would say 155 lbs. is at the low end of the weight spectrum for an "advanced" skier "working" on improving in any of these 130 flex Lupos - is there a reason you are stuck on Dalbello?

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    is there a reason you are stuck on Dalbello?
    Good reasons might include: You get them for free, you love how a 3-piece design skis, you have a tall instep and have trouble getting into some of the other boots in this class, you like a really upright stance . . .

Good reasons might include: You get them for free, you love how a 3-piece design skis, you have a tall instep and have trouble getting into some of the other boots in this class, you like a really upright stance . . .
    GregL, I appreciate your time on this

I don't know enough to say much about upright or not, but I do ski a bit of park (just straight air jumps) so I was told that the upright stance is good for that. Maybe that's wrong.

I guess I don't have a reason to be married to Dalbello at all, honestly. There are things I like about my Dalbellos, but they are really my first serious pair of boots, so I have very little knowledge compared to many of you. I do want to prioritize downhill, and I keep hearing good things about that in the Lupo line.

The reason I was thinking I needed more flex was that as the day goes on, I find my self bucking to the max, cranking down on my booster strap, just to get more responsiveness out of my 120s, especially in heavy snow/not groomed snow.

I'm also considering the Cochise 130 since it's also in the same class.

What class are we talking about? 130 flex "tourable" boots with excellent downhill capabilities?

Everyone makes one. For next year there's the Atomic Hawx Ultra/Prime XTD, Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro/Cochise 130, Lange XT3 130/LV, Salomon Shift 130, Nordica Strider 130, Dalbello Lupo 130 C/Pro HD, Rossignol Alltrack Elite 130, K2 Mindbender 130, Roxa R3 130 Ti, Head Kore 1, Full Tilt Ascendant, Fischer Ranger Free 130, Scarpa Maestrale RS/XT, Dynafit Hoji Free, etc. Many of these boots come in a 120 flex version also.

I've never seen your foot, but some of these will be a better match for you than others. If you have fit issues, some will be easier for a bootfitter to remedy than others. In addition to stated last width, there is also toe box shape, midfoot and heel volume, instep height, cuff circumference, etc. - that's before you even consider the weight of the boot or the range of motion in the walk mode, or ramp/forward lean, or how well they ski compared to a pure alpine boot.

That's where well-stocked shops and experienced bootfitters come in, hopefully they'll both be back in the fall.

Bit the bullet and ordered Pro HDs. My lift served boots are 27.0 FT seths (sixth toe punch) from many years ago, still ski pretty well, and 26.0 Cochise 130s for touring. Of these two, the fit of the Cochises are better out of the box, but they ski a lot worse than the seths. Overlap boots just aren't for me. Last pair of overlaps I liked were Ghosts.
    Also, the cochises don't jam too well with my 1st gen cast/sth setup with dyn toes, as in will not release at any DIN setting.

Sizewise, I ordered 26.5 Pro HDs, as the BSL is closer to 310mm than the 27.5, and I prefer not redrilling when I can help it. Obviously never tried them on.

Have a pair of Krypton branded powerwraps for lift served lying around, think I might be well served with just the lupos, as long as I can force a nice fit out of them.

Lupo Pro HD thread

Would love to hear how those Lupos end up footing your boot.

Ghosts are my current resort boot, and fit great with a small punch for my interior right ankle.

Can’t try on boots right now. Hope to get to try boots this summer, but hoping to create a short list.

Curious about the Cochise as well. I swam in those when I tried them on. Compared to the Ghosts, they seemed huge inside.

Offering a data point on the fit of the Lupo AX HD. I have a high instep and a relatively wide foot. My current resort boot is a Rossignol Alltrack 120 which has a stated 102mm last. Previous boot was a Lange XC 120, which is a Lange SX with a walk mode, and it also had a stated 102mm last (as I think the Lange's and Rossignols come from the same molds?). Both boots fit right out of the box for me and no boot work was needed other than using my custom foot beds. Anyway... Lupo AX HD's have a similar out of the box fit (as compared to the Lange and Rossignols); instep fit is spot on but they are a little tight around the forefoot.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Ottime,
    I'll try to remember updating once I get them on my feet.

Otto, I came from the Ghost 130 and find the Lupo about the same. Like, very, very similar. I don't have them near me to A and B them but from what I recall, no work was really needed for either beyond a liner mold.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

What class are we talking about? 130 flex "tourable" boots with excellent downhill capabilities?

Everyone makes one. For next year there's the Atomic Hawx Ultra/Prime XTD, Tecnica Zero G Tour Pro/Cochise 130, Lange XT3 130/LV, Salomon Shift 130, Nordica Strider 130, Dalbello Lupo 130 C/Pro HD, Rossignol Alltrack Elite 130, K2 Mindbender 130, Roxa R3 130 Ti, Head Kore 1, Full Tilt Ascendant, Fischer Ranger Free 130, Scarpa Maestrale RS/XT, Dynafit Hoji Free, etc. Many of these boots come in a 120 flex version also.

I've never seen your foot, but some of these will be a better match for you than others. If you have fit issues, some will be easier for a bootfitter to remedy than others. In addition to stated last width, there is also toe box shape, midfoot and heel volume, instep height, cuff circumference, etc. - that's before you even consider the weight of the boot or the range of motion in the walk mode, or ramp/forward lean, or how well they ski compared to a pure alpine boot.

That's where well-stocked shops and experienced bootfitters come in, hopefully they'll both be back in the fall.
    Thanks for the help. It's bugging me to wait, but patience is a virtue. Just a bit bummed and frustrated with all the money I sank into getting my Panterra's to work.

I have a normal instep just from some quick measurements (using the blister article method), but I could be way off. 100 last. My calves/ankles are skinny.
    Last edited by AZskibum; 04-28-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Will try posting a pic at some point, but my wife has no idea I bought new boots, and I prefer to keep it that way.

Fit, on the forefoot, is awesome, much like the Cochises. Havent pulled the liners out yet for looking at the shell fit, but the liners were thin enough to let me in out of the box. Will obviously bake them, both for the tour liners and my powerwraps.

I'm hoping to hop in here with a question. I've been looking at the Lupa AX 120. I tried some on and they seemed to fit pretty well. Some of the reviews I've seen online suggest that the plastic they use on his boot isn't the best quality. It looks like the Lupo AX HD is made of better plastic but is heavier. My question is, is that the only difference? I live in a pretty rural area and I don't think I'm going to be able to find someplace to try these on. If the AX 120 fit me, should I expect the AX HD to fit the same?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperKing View Post
    I'm hoping to hop in here with a question. I've been looking at the Lupa AX 120. I tried some on and they seemed to fit pretty well. Some of the reviews I've seen online suggest that the plastic they use on his boot isn't the best quality. It looks like the Lupo AX HD is made of better plastic but is heavier. My question is, is that the only difference? I live in a pretty rural area and I don't think I'm going to be able to find someplace to try these on. If the AX 120 fit me, should I expect the AX HD to fit the same?

Thanks!
    Lupo pro HD is 98 mm last
    Lupo AX 120 is 100 mm last

So different width as lupo HD is more race fit

I have lupo ax 120 and really like it. No durability issues so far. Plastic is a little weak where I have missed the pin bindings going in if my toe is off. But that’s user error and I’m getting better so no issues this year. About 10 days total and they are good

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by SlipperKing View Post

Thanks!
    AFAIK the Lupo AX HD fits the same as the other AX boots.

So if you know the 120 fits, then the HD in the AX model should be just fine.

The non AX models are a narrower last, 98mm vs 100mm, but unless your feet are crammed into the AX you could probably get away with the narrower last as well.

Ymmv

I went from the AX 120 to the HD Pro (100mm to 98mm). If I compare them with their stock liners the AX felt good but a little loose all around when skiing. The HD Pro was tight around my instep. I dropped in a set of intuition LV luxury liners in the HD Pros and ended up with a perfect fit.
    For me and my skiing and my usage the HD Pro was a better boot. Don’t get me wrong the AX 120 is a great boot I just needed something stiffer and a tad tighter and was willing to give up the weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    I went from the AX 120 to the HD Pro (100mm to 98mm). If I compare them with their stock liners the AX felt good but a little loose all around when skiing. The HD Pro was tight around my instep. I dropped in a set of intuition LV luxury liners in the HD Pros and ended up with a perfect fit.
    For me and my skiing and my usage the HD Pro was a better boot. Don’t get me wrong the AX 120 is a great boot I just needed something stiffer and a tad tighter and was willing to give up the weight savings.
    This has been my experience as well. The AX 120 skis a little vague in the Grilamid & chips up a bit, but ultimately not terrible.

The Pro HD provides more rebound & a more solid feel.

Looking for some liner advice.

I've been running Dalbellos, Krypton pros and lupos, for over 10 years now. My resort boot is currently a lupo SP and main touring boot the original lupo factory. This setup has served me well but in an effort to run one boot I bought a pair of Lupo HDs. Right away did not like the liner and I dropped a liner(looks similar to an intuition tour wrap) out of a Lupo Ti I used to ski and that was better but not great. I must have a narrow heel because my bootfitter always glues on some padding behind/below the malleoli to help lock my heel. With every boot fitting I've had in Dalbellos the hot spots are typically the top of the instep, base of 5th MT and BL malleoli. I've only had to have the lupo air punched to get it to fit. Anyway, the question I have is what intuition liner to try? I'm torn between the power wrap, dreamliner, tour wrap, and pro tour liners. I have a buddy who just runs his power wrap out of his lupo sp in the factory and it doesn't seem to bother him touring. Anyone touring long days in Power Wraps care to comment? I'm kind of leaning towards the Power Wrap as I haven't found a touring liner that comes close to the power wraps for performance. I'm pretty committed to get this boot to work as I'm sick of traveling with 2 boots or adjusting bindings constantly.

Also size up or down a size? HV or MV? I have a 25.5 boot.

Anyone tried other aftermarket liners in their HDs? zipfits, surefoot, sidas, etc.

I run tour wrap in my lupo AX. Love it. I run pro wrap and power wrap in alpine. Can’t comment on rom from power wrap

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm running a 26 Power Wrap MV in a 25.5 HD. I have super low volume feet and the wrap helps take up the little bit of space I need it to above the instep. Put about 70 resort days on them and the fit is still dialed. I've toured ~20 days on that liner and it definitely impedes the rearward ROM more than I'd like for longer/flatter tours. I think I'll try a Tour Wrap.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

had the old pair of Sean Petit Lupos. Hated that the walk mode didnt lock into the ski position. Went back to KR PRos. the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    had the old pair of Sean Petit Lupos. Hated that the walk mode didnt lock into the ski position. Went back to KR PRos. the end.
    Are you meaning that you don't like how they don't lock in a forward motion? The Lupo walk mode only blocks the rearward movement as Dalbello 3 piece boots only get their flex from the tongue of the boot, not the spine. Kryprons are the same-the spine of the boot is only blocked in a rearward motion.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk