Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I'm very happy with my Lupo HD.
    I didn't molded the liner to have more volume and best fit, but i'd like to have fingers more blocked.. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamauchi View Post
    I'm very happy with my Lupo HD.
    I didn't molded the liner to have more volume and best fit, but i'd like to have fingers more blocked.. Any suggestions?
    you put them on your feet man...not hands.

Yeah man..
    But i arrived from Dobermann 150.
    And i`m still dreaming that gloving effect =)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamauchi View Post
    Yeah man..
    But i arrived from Dobermann 150.
    And i`m still dreaming that gloving effect =)
    Toss your Dobie 150 liner in; ive used mine on a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    I had a similar issue with the GW heal on my HD Pro’s being too wide for my pivot heals. I had to shave the sides of the GW heal to fix the issue. I compared my Pro HD GW soles to my AX 120 and the new ones are wider for sure...
    Saw that. Kinda a pain, I had to get same soles on my AX & HD as I use various skis with each.

Pro tour medium 27 liner

Pro Tour liner (size 27, medium... for a 26.5 Lupo Pro HD) feels TIGHT at first wear; I think it's going to work out well for me! Yay.

edit: 30 min into really trying them out I think I will forego heat and try them as is; feeling tight but I think will be nice after some break-in.

edit2: I've skied them for ~10hrs and they're feeling pretty good now after a shitty day one with numb toes. Maybe I would've been happy with the stock liner in a size 26? Anyway, I'm a happy camper; I can't decide if I like skiing these or my Krypton's better yay
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by sheddd; 01-09-2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: #'s, got to ski them

Lupo Pro HD thread

Have people sized down for the Lupo HD? I usually ski a 26. Bought some Lupo 130c in 26 and they feel pretty big. 25 feels better.

Curious if other people have sized down with the HD? Probably going to buy the HD since most of my use will be in the resort with occasional side country. Nowhere near me has the HD in 26 and 25 in stock so will have to order online.
    Last edited by Samski360; 02-21-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Has anyone had any luck sourcing some "P" tongues? Either through a rep or shop?

I thinking the B tongues in my Lupo Pro HD might be too stiff, and want to try out the P tongues. Feels somewhat harsh and not that damp. Ive been running B tongues in my Lupo SP and Krypton for years, but for some reason I think the Lupo Pro HD might have a stiffer cuff or is stiffer because of that little rubber horseshoe piece between the cuff and the clog.

I dont understand why Dalbello and other boot companies cant just do this:

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/c/pa...tegory=tongues

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Has anyone had any luck sourcing some "P" tongues? Either through a rep or shop?

I thinking the B tongues in my Lupo Pro HD might be too stiff, and want to try out the P tongues. Feels somewhat harsh and not that damp. Ive been running B tongues in my Lupo SP and Krypton for years, but for some reason I think the Lupo Pro HD might have a stiffer cuff or is stiffer because of that little rubber horseshoe piece between the cuff and the clog.

I dont understand why Dalbello and other boot companies cant just do this:

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/c/pa...tegory=tongues
    Just swap on the tongue from your old boot. Pop out the little metal bit on the top of the hole and it works just fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Just swap on the tongue from your old boot. Pop out the little metal bit on the top of the hole and it works just fine.

I only have B tongues right now (even from my old boots), not P tongues. Looking for some P tongues to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    I only have B tongues right now (even from my old boots), not P tongues. Looking for some P tongues to try out.
    I saw that, I just meant maybe as an alternative/trial pop your old B tongues that you liked in your HD. I wish they made it easier to acquire new tongues.

I saw that, I just meant maybe as an alternative/trial pop your old B tongues that you liked in your HD. I wish they made it easier to acquire new tongues.

Ah gotchya, interesting thought, thansk. Maybe the older B tongues are different. Would be worth trying out.

Still would like to try some P tongues though if anyone else has some ideas.

I currently ski the 26.5 Panterra ID 120. I like it, and I think it fits (3 boot fitters have worked on it, including Dale-boot now). I'm guessing it would be dumb to order one of the lupo's in the same size assuming they will be a good fit as well? Maybe I should just wait and pay full price in September when I can drive back to SLC for a good boot fitter. Looking to get my first touring boot.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I currently ski the 26.5 Panterra ID 120. I like it, and I think it fits (3 boot fitters have worked on it, including Dale-boot now). I'm guessing it would be dumb to order one of the lupo's in the same size assuming they will be a good fit as well? Maybe I should just wait and pay full price in September when I can drive back to SLC for a good boot fitter. Looking to get my first touring boot.
    Panterra is much wider than the Pro HD. The AX HD has a wider last and may be what you need.

Panterra is much wider than the Pro HD. The AX HD has a wider last and may be what you need.

Weird, the flex changes to 110 for the wider last model. I'm assuming that's going to ski quite a bit different than the HD.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Weird, the flex changes to 110 for the wider last model. I'm assuming that's going to ski quite a bit different than the HD.
    Ya, my friend put his old AX 120 tongue on and says they ski great. So with a better tongue, it might be what you're looking for.

In a recent Blister Deep Dive article for the Dynaft Hoji boot, they mentioned that the new Lupo Factory (gray color) came stock with "C" tongues, while the Lupo Pro HD comes with the "B" tongues. Can anyone with the new Lupo Factory confirm it comes stock with the C tongue?

Surprised to hear it came with C tongues, but it now kind of make sense considering how stiff the Lupo Pro HD feels compared to my old Lupos and Kryptons both with B tongues. Maybe the new design of the 130 Lupo (Factory and HD) is stiffer than the original Lupo. I think that plastic horseshoe piece behind the ankle between the cuff and the clog has something to do with it, others have thought the same.

And just found this on the Dalbello website, which now answers my own question haha So will post it here for future reference.

>> STIFF - Flex index - 120/130 : Strong flex and very quick smooth elastic rebound for high / Pro level skier
    >> MEDIUM - Flex index - 100/120: Medium flex with gentle elastic smooth rebound for medium to strong skier
    >> SOFT - Flex index - 85/100: Soft flex with forgiven smooth elastic rebound made specific for woman / light skier

B - STIFF FLEX: Lupo PRO HD, Krypton 130 ID, Il Moro

P - HARD FLEX: Lupo 130 C

C - MEDIUM FLEX: Lupo Factory (Carbon), Lupo AX 120, Lupo AX HD, Krypton 130 ID, Krypton 110 ID, Krypton AX 120 ID, Krypton AX 110, Chakra 105 ID

M - SOFT FLEX: Lupo AX 90, Lupo AX 105 W

D - SOFT FLEX: Chakra AX 90

new lupo pros/130c

spent the last 3 seasons in a lupo TI ID (lime green) with stiff orange tongues, powerwrap liner. Other than some heel lifts and baking the liner, I didnt have a whole lot more work done on them. Have about 100 days on them and liner is packed out. Some great deals on Lupo Pros or 130c online now. Make sense to pick up same size 27.5 online now? and see my bootfitter for some adjustments next season? Or wait to buy next years in store (or maybe get lucky and find some leftovers in house?)

Just picked up a pair of the Lupo AX HD and it looks like it's going to work out from a fit perspective. But when I was testing out the walk mode, I noticed a clicking sound that comes when I step forward (and shin is flexed forward). Can't figure out where it's coming from but it feels like either the boot board is moving/sliding or it's some other piece of plastic that is shifting and causing the sound. Feeling the shifting/clicking. at the heel/ankle location. Tried all walk permutations - with tongue and loosely buckled, no tongue and buckled, not buckled, etc. Anybody experience this?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Figured it out. It looks like the clicking sound is coming from the boot board. As I step through and my lead foot becomes my trailing foot, my heel lifts as I pressure my toes and this brings along the boot board. As it settles back in, it "snaps" back into place and clicks as it shifts into the cutouts at the bottom of the boot board. Hmmm... not sure how I feel about this as it could get annoying to always have that clicking sound when I'm try to walk with these boots.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Screw it down. Problem over.

Really liking the range of motion. Are people touring with tongues on and off? And with off, any tips on an efficient process. Seems overly fiddly to put the tongues back on and rebuckle.

Depends on length and weather for me.

If it is warm and sunny w/ minimal rush, I'll do it off 10/10. Sometimes, if we're meadow hopping, I'll just ski without the tongues.

If it's cold and windy, it depends on length. Under an hour? Keep em on. Over? Take em off.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

Using Il Moro Boot Board?

Anyone have experience using the soft/padded boot boards from the Il Moro in the Lupo?
    My old Kryptons came with both and I tremendously prefer the shock absorbing/dampening that the soft ones provide.
    Would love to do the same for my Lupos. Any idea if the one's for the current Il Moro fit? or if they can be (relatively) easily modified to do?
    My old ones are for the plug/mono sole Krypton or I'd use those....