Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Talking Lupo Pro HD thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B45C27AC-0F97-4FEE-B43E-40D2A0BA7480.jpg 
Views:	1012 
Size:	926.4 KB 
ID:	295408

All the Lupo, none of the Pebax, Grilamid clog.

Name:	1CAEA37B-B3D9-432B-A4F0-077D9DA0F511.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	554.7 KB 
ID:	296224

Factory/AX120

Name:	6FC0FB47-95F1-4A70-80DA-1D5DA1D5FA80.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	566.1 KB 
ID:	296225

Lupo HD

>200 grams of pure driving Race Plastic!!!
    Last edited by iriponsnow; 10-02-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Really debating between these, Hawk XTD, and Lange XT Free Pro model....

Just worried these are going to be too upright.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Really debating between these, Hawk XTD, and Lange XT Free Pro model....

Just worried these are going to be too upright.
    Obviously get the one that fits your foot the best. That being said, the notion that the Lupo is too upright is most likely related to the stiffness of the tongue. Once you get used to the tongue or you swap it out for something softer and buckle the middle buckle well, they do not feel any different then a traditional boot.

I would worry about the Lange, as I hear they are still shipping with walk to ride soles with GripWalk as an aftermarket piece. They have been saying that for years...... GripWalk would come to Lange.

I have ax120 and like the fit. These are 98mm? Is it the one?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I am always lost with all the lupo models. Is this the sucessor to the white carbon/pro Lupo? Or something different?

Ultimate travel 50/50 boot, will likely be getting a pair soon too. Did they come with extra alpine soles?

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Ultimate travel 50/50 boot, will likely be getting a pair soon too. Did they come with extra alpine soles?
    The last pair I got (last season) didn't come with the alpine soles, however you should be able to order them if the dealer isn't stocking.

These HDs are the heavier duty version, using (I believe) PU and polyamide instead of grilamid. A bit heavier but should have fantastic downhill performance. My carbon lupos sure ski extremely well though.

It's refreshing to see they went back to lime green.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Tried the Freetour 130s and they just didn't work for my foot. Was in/now back to my KR Pros and most likely getting these to replace them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I have ax120 and like the fit. These are 98mm? Is it the one?

I've been riding the Carbon T.I.s for the past two seasons. I believe the Lupo Factory is the equivalent now? They have been a zero compromise boot for me, I'm perfectly happy with the extra 2-400g on the ups as the fantastic ROM, fit, and downhill capabilities are perfect for my use.
    I do throw some Powerwraps in for resort only days though.

Curious as to whether these boots will be a legit inbounds replacement for a 130 flex alpine boot. Seems like they're closer to filling that niche than any other boot on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Curious as to whether these boots will be a legit inbounds replacement for a 130 flex alpine boot. Seems like they're closer to filling that niche than any other boot on the market.
    I thought my Factory/AX was just a lil wide/soft for perfect driving race skis with Attack2 clamps. See above for weights- the HD fees like a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I thought my Factory/AX was just a lil wide/soft for perfect driving race skis with Attack2 clamps. See above for weights- the HD fees like a beast.
    Yeah, that's really what I'm hoping for. Tried some cochises, and they were close (in terms of skiing like a real alpine boot), but they just weren't quite there. I think the HD's weigh more than my alpine boots though, which is a good sign.

Yeah, that's really what I'm hoping for. Tried some cochises, and they were close (in terms of skiing like a real alpine boot), but they just weren't quite there. I think the HD's weigh more than my alpine boots though, which is a good sign.
    If youve ever skied in lupo sp's (sean petit pro model) dalbello alpine boot, i find my lupo c ti (now the factory) a touch stiffer than the sp (i think they call the sp 130flex not sure). Not sure where this boot in the thread sits in regards to the factory/c ti though and then where does this 130 measure up to other companies 130. I think they have a higher cuff than a cochise fwiw

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Currently I'm in some 2018 franken Lupo 130's. I do wish they had a little more forward lean and am likely gonna try a mod for that. It sounds stupid but what I really want is the cuff from a Krypton with a lupo clog... Its a unique need but I don't pull the tongues for my short side country laps and think the ability to alter the forward lean is worth more to me the rearward cuff motion. I have other boots for pure touring.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Theres some super clean mods in one lupo thread to get forward lean by just screwing in small ledge shims for the ski/walk lever to sit on. I just screwed in some cuff shims. My mod is a bit heavier but it works like the thinner of the 2 shims that came with lupo sp's. Mine are just generic shims with a single t-nut to the cuff on each

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Currently I'm in some 2018 franken Lupo 130's. I do wish they had a little more forward lean and am likely gonna try a mod for that. It sounds stupid but what I really want is the cuff from a Krypton with a lupo clog... Its a unique need but I don't pull the tongues for my short side country laps and think the ability to alter the forward lean is worth more to me the rearward cuff motion. I have other boots for pure touring.
    Is the Lupo lower any different from a Krypton? Doesn't feel different to me from a KR Pro. Maybe a little more room in the toe box in the Lupo?

Only store tested the HD, but it feels very much like my KR Pro (B tongue) in flex. This boot has me so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Is the Lupo lower any different from a Krypton? Doesn't feel different to me from a KR Pro. Maybe a little more room in the toe box in the Lupo?

Tech fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Name:	B45C27AC-0F97-4FEE-B43E-40D2A0BA7480.jpg 
Views:	1012 
Size:	926.4 KB 
ID:	295408

All the Lupo, none of the Pebax, Grilamid clog.

Name:	1CAEA37B-B3D9-432B-A4F0-077D9DA0F511.jpg 
Views:	682 
Size:	554.7 KB 
ID:	296224

Factory/AX120

Name:	6FC0FB47-95F1-4A70-80DA-1D5DA1D5FA80.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	566.1 KB 
ID:	296225

Lupo HD

>200 grams of pure driving Race Plastic!!!
    How would you compare the flex to the 120’s? Also do you know what flex the tongue is.

Love green

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    How would you compare the flex to the 120’s? Also do you know what flex the tongue is.
    The tongue is a “B”, it’s the same as the Factory & the Krypton.

The 120 is a very different, low rebound fiber.

Because the lowers come up so high on the Lupo, HD flex is way stiffer - not plug, but 140 consumer boot stuff.

They are.

Clean mods courtesy of Margotron in the lupo TI thread.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Thanks. That was my issue with the 120’s I have. For me they just weren’t enough in terms of flex and rebound. But I understand I was giving up DH performance for some up hill performance. My other issue I had with the 120 and the stock liner was with the heal pocket. Granted I didn’t spend a lot of time trying to solve it but it was always too loose for my foot..

Looking forward to the HD’s...