Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Results 201 to 219 of 219
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Anybody have a super tough time getting their foot into these boots? Got mine last season and absolutely love them, but while one foot slides right in, the other, no matter what i seem to do, takes me some SERIOUS freaking effort to get into (I take the tongue completely off now, and the liner laces are all the way loose, and the boots are in ski mode). I've almost torn the tongue/calf liner handles clean off the damn thing because I'm pulling and pushing so hard. Once i'm in, it's a dream, and getting them off at the end of the day is no problem. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and has some ideas on how to solve.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Anybody have a super tough time getting their foot into these boots? Got mine last season and absolutely love them, but while one foot slides right in, the other, no matter what i seem to do, takes me some SERIOUS freaking effort to get into (I take the tongue completely off now, and the liner laces are all the way loose, and the boots are in ski mode). I've almost torn the tongue/calf liner handles clean off the damn thing because I'm pulling and pushing so hard. Once i'm in, it's a dream, and getting them off at the end of the day is no problem. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and has some ideas on how to solve.
    put foot in liner. lace up. put foot and liner in shell.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    put foot in liner. lace up. put foot and liner in shell.
    A man of few words, but wise words. Appreciate the wisdom.

    Another one: One of my tongues will just randomly pop off while moving them forward to get my foot into the boot. And that's despite the little pin lock mechanism that holds the tongue to the nub staying flush the whole time I bend it forward - it never gets upright into that "release" position. I started getting really careful about pulling the tongue toward me before I shift it forward so the nub slides along the little rails giving it more ROM, but the darn thing still pops off every now and then even when I don't want it to (can live with it, but it's annoying). Is this a warranty claim for Dalbello to send me a new tongue or am i just missing something?

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    A man of few words, but wise words. Appreciate the wisdom.

    Another one: One of my tongues will just randomly pop off while moving them forward to get my foot into the boot. And that's despite the little pin lock mechanism that holds the tongue to the nub staying flush the whole time I bend it forward - it never gets upright into that "release" position. I started getting really careful about pulling the tongue toward me before I shift it forward so the nub slides along the little rails giving it more ROM, but the darn thing still pops off every now and then even when I don't want it to (can live with it, but it's annoying). Is this a warranty claim for Dalbello to send me a new tongue or am i just missing something?
    glad i could help.
    i'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see. having a hard time visualizing what is going on with yers.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    Any differences between the new and the old 2019 green Pro HD?

    The pics I see online of the green Pro HD have very ugly/short liners.

    Maybe itís just the pic is weird? Surely the power strap doesnít wrap the shin.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I got them home and on my feet... Stoked on the fit. I have about 2 fingers of shell space, fit with the packed out stock liners is a little loose everywhere except the forefoot, which is almost perfect. Maybe I could have gone down to a 26.5 with a forefoot punch. I think I'll be able to avoid any shell work with the right liner. Walk mode feels great. Tongue feels pretty intense, seems like that's common with the stock liners?

    EDIT: found a pair of new tour wraps for $99, alpine soles for $50.

    So I'm in to these $350 now... Just saw that there are brand new 25.5, 26.5 and 27.5 pro hd's on steep and cheap for $417 right now. Seems like a pretty good deal. Oh well.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for steering me in this direction. Iím close to pulling the trigger and hoping theyíll work.

    Any experience with a Lange RS130 in terms of fit for a comparison?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,801
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    A man of few words, but wise words. Appreciate the wisdom.

    Another one: One of my tongues will just randomly pop off while moving them forward to get my foot into the boot. And that's despite the little pin lock mechanism that holds the tongue to the nub staying flush the whole time I bend it forward - it never gets upright into that "release" position. I started getting really careful about pulling the tongue toward me before I shift it forward so the nub slides along the little rails giving it more ROM, but the darn thing still pops off every now and then even when I don't want it to (can live with it, but it's annoying). Is this a warranty claim for Dalbello to send me a new tongue or am i just missing something?
    to revisit this, no, i don't have that issue. my tongue stays fully locked unless i pull up on the lever. i suspect the pin mechanism is slightly wider than it should be. maybe try taking some pliers to the pin mechanism while it is in the "locked" position to bend it back to form.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ellensburg
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Thanks for steering me in this direction. Iím close to pulling the trigger and hoping theyíll work.

    Any experience with a Lange RS130 in terms of fit for a comparison?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Welcome! I've never put my foot in a Lange boot, but I'm sure a couple other somebodies here could speak to that.

    EDIT, screen shot of my foot scan for reference. I'm in the 27.5, I'm sure I could size down to the 26.5 with shell work. Haven't skied them yet so this is a weak data point.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    People's Republic of MN
    Posts
    5,466
    Is it just me, or was breakage of anything other than buckles a non-issue prior to Dalbello becoming a part of the Marker family? Kinda glad to be making the jump over to Roxa this year I think...
    Gravity. It's the law.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ellensburg
    Posts
    340
    Update: Got the tour wraps in the Pro HDs and did some garage testing. They were missing the foot beds so I pulled some superfeet greens out of another pair of boots and put those in. Fit feels awesome without molding, so I'm a little worried it won't be awesome after a couple weeks of skiing and hiking in them. Shin issue seems to be solved. The walk mode on these feels great, I think they are actually better than the Nordica Strider I was in. ROM feels similar but the Lupo has less drag.

    Pro wrap might have been the way to go... If these tour wraps pack out and get too roomy, that's probably the direction I'll go.

    I'm pretty stoked to ski these!

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    to revisit this, no, i don't have that issue. my tongue stays fully locked unless i pull up on the lever. i suspect the pin mechanism is slightly wider than it should be. maybe try taking some pliers to the pin mechanism while it is in the "locked" position to bend it back to form.
    Thanks for testing and for the advice! I'll take a look at the pin.

    On a separate note: anyone know a good resource for buying lupo tongues? Don't see them online. I'd like to get an extra pair of B's, and a pair of C tongues in case these boots last me into my 40's when I'm old and weak and id' prefer a slightly softer flex.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Thanks for testing and for the advice! I'll take a look at the pin.

    On a separate note: anyone know a good resource for buying lupo tongues? Don't see them online. I'd like to get an extra pair of B's, and a pair of C tongues in case these boots last me into my 40's when I'm old and weak and id' prefer a slightly softer flex.
    Call up Bergs, I was able to order some through them. https://www.bergsskishop.com/

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Call up Bergs, I was able to order some through them. https://www.bergsskishop.com/
    Thanks. Just curious because I haven't seen a price point online...how much did they cost?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,278
    Question for the bello heads
    My buddy had panterras in a 28.5. He was looking for a touring / resort ripper so naturally I suggested Pro HDs. Heís crammed AF in the 28.5s and needing to return them. I know the last is 2mm smaller but does this jive? Or does he now have a fat summer foot from sandals or something..
    on a related note looking for 29.5s if any mags have a line on a fresh pair of greenies

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ellensburg
    Posts
    340
    Can't answer your q, but I think the Panterra is a 102mm last and the Pro HD is definitely a 98mm last.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Was about to buy some new STH2 16's but then I forgot I had these Pivot Dual WTR 14's in the garage. I already have alpine soles on my Lupo Pro HD's (mainly because most of my quiver doesn't have bindings that accept GW's), so I'm guessing I won't have any issues with these Duals in the Alpine mode, but not sure how they'll react with the GW soles if I switch back to them.

    Anyway, I'm about to pick up some new BG118's and I'm thinking that these would be a good fit. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these and the Lupo Pro HDs that they can share before I decide?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 1.43.59 PM.png
Views: 136
Size:  756.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.52.18 PM.png
Views: 135
Size:  215.2 KB

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,353
    there are two easy answers to your question :

    - as long as you have DIN soles on your Lupos, you are fine in the Pivots ;

    - If you go back to the GripWalk soles, you should use a GripWalk-certified binding ;


    that comes from a guy who ran AT boots in alpine bindings for more than a decade...

    I would also like to hear from someone with more experience with the GripWalk soles -


    do they function with alpine bindings or WTR bindings ? ??


    as I am aging, My safety margins are,,, changing - -
    I like the perceived increased safety of GripWalk soles out of the bindings, But
    with a garage full of vintage skis, I am not sure I am willing to continue to ski with ( 'compensated' ) Release function...


    with the DIN soles, you are fine on the Pivots. skiJ

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,441
    ^
    I put my DIN soles on after issues with GW, on 2 sets of Lupos & another boot, all had differing thicknesses & I had to constantly adjust my clamps. YMMV.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    196
    On my 2019 HD Pros I had to shave both sides of the GW heal because they kept catching on the bracket that holds the arm on the Pivot heal. Other than that I have no issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •