Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Anybody have a super tough time getting their foot into these boots? Got mine last season and absolutely love them, but while one foot slides right in, the other, no matter what i seem to do, takes me some SERIOUS freaking effort to get into (I take the tongue completely off now, and the liner laces are all the way loose, and the boots are in ski mode). I've almost torn the tongue/calf liner handles clean off the damn thing because I'm pulling and pushing so hard. Once i'm in, it's a dream, and getting them off at the end of the day is no problem. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and has some ideas on how to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Anybody have a super tough time getting their foot into these boots? Got mine last season and absolutely love them, but while one foot slides right in, the other, no matter what i seem to do, takes me some SERIOUS freaking effort to get into (I take the tongue completely off now, and the liner laces are all the way loose, and the boots are in ski mode). I've almost torn the tongue/calf liner handles clean off the damn thing because I'm pulling and pushing so hard. Once i'm in, it's a dream, and getting them off at the end of the day is no problem. Curious if anyone else has had this issue and has some ideas on how to solve.
    put foot in liner. lace up. put foot and liner in shell.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    put foot in liner. lace up. put foot and liner in shell.
    A man of few words, but wise words. Appreciate the wisdom.

Another one: One of my tongues will just randomly pop off while moving them forward to get my foot into the boot. And that's despite the little pin lock mechanism that holds the tongue to the nub staying flush the whole time I bend it forward - it never gets upright into that "release" position. I started getting really careful about pulling the tongue toward me before I shift it forward so the nub slides along the little rails giving it more ROM, but the darn thing still pops off every now and then even when I don't want it to (can live with it, but it's annoying). Is this a warranty claim for Dalbello to send me a new tongue or am i just missing something?

Another one: One of my tongues will just randomly pop off while moving them forward to get my foot into the boot. And that's despite the little pin lock mechanism that holds the tongue to the nub staying flush the whole time I bend it forward - it never gets upright into that "release" position. I started getting really careful about pulling the tongue toward me before I shift it forward so the nub slides along the little rails giving it more ROM, but the darn thing still pops off every now and then even when I don't want it to (can live with it, but it's annoying). Is this a warranty claim for Dalbello to send me a new tongue or am i just missing something?
    glad i could help.
    i'll take a look at mine tomorrow and see. having a hard time visualizing what is going on with yers.

Any differences between the new and the old 2019 green Pro HD?

The pics I see online of the green Pro HD have very ugly/short liners.

Maybe it’s just the pic is weird? Surely the power strap doesn’t wrap the shin.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I got them home and on my feet... Stoked on the fit. I have about 2 fingers of shell space, fit with the packed out stock liners is a little loose everywhere except the forefoot, which is almost perfect. Maybe I could have gone down to a 26.5 with a forefoot punch. I think I'll be able to avoid any shell work with the right liner. Walk mode feels great. Tongue feels pretty intense, seems like that's common with the stock liners?

EDIT: found a pair of new tour wraps for $99, alpine soles for $50.

So I'm in to these $350 now... Just saw that there are brand new 25.5, 26.5 and 27.5 pro hd's on steep and cheap for $417 right now. Seems like a pretty good deal. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for steering me in this direction. I’m close to pulling the trigger and hoping they’ll work.

Any experience with a Lange RS130 in terms of fit for a comparison?

to revisit this, no, i don't have that issue. my tongue stays fully locked unless i pull up on the lever. i suspect the pin mechanism is slightly wider than it should be. maybe try taking some pliers to the pin mechanism while it is in the "locked" position to bend it back to form.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Thanks for steering me in this direction. I’m close to pulling the trigger and hoping they’ll work.

Any experience with a Lange RS130 in terms of fit for a comparison?

Welcome! I've never put my foot in a Lange boot, but I'm sure a couple other somebodies here could speak to that.

EDIT, screen shot of my foot scan for reference. I'm in the 27.5, I'm sure I could size down to the 26.5 with shell work. Haven't skied them yet so this is a weak data point.

Is it just me, or was breakage of anything other than buckles a non-issue prior to Dalbello becoming a part of the Marker family? Kinda glad to be making the jump over to Roxa this year I think...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Update: Got the tour wraps in the Pro HDs and did some garage testing. They were missing the foot beds so I pulled some superfeet greens out of another pair of boots and put those in. Fit feels awesome without molding, so I'm a little worried it won't be awesome after a couple weeks of skiing and hiking in them. Shin issue seems to be solved. The walk mode on these feels great, I think they are actually better than the Nordica Strider I was in. ROM feels similar but the Lupo has less drag.

Pro wrap might have been the way to go... If these tour wraps pack out and get too roomy, that's probably the direction I'll go.

I'm pretty stoked to ski these!

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    to revisit this, no, i don't have that issue. my tongue stays fully locked unless i pull up on the lever. i suspect the pin mechanism is slightly wider than it should be. maybe try taking some pliers to the pin mechanism while it is in the "locked" position to bend it back to form.
    Thanks for testing and for the advice! I'll take a look at the pin.

On a separate note: anyone know a good resource for buying lupo tongues? Don't see them online. I'd like to get an extra pair of B's, and a pair of C tongues in case these boots last me into my 40's when I'm old and weak and id' prefer a slightly softer flex.

Thanks for testing and for the advice! I'll take a look at the pin.

On a separate note: anyone know a good resource for buying lupo tongues? Don't see them online. I'd like to get an extra pair of B's, and a pair of C tongues in case these boots last me into my 40's when I'm old and weak and id' prefer a slightly softer flex.
    Call up Bergs, I was able to order some through them. https://www.bergsskishop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Call up Bergs, I was able to order some through them. https://www.bergsskishop.com/
    Thanks. Just curious because I haven't seen a price point online...how much did they cost?

Question for the bello heads
    My buddy had panterras in a 28.5. He was looking for a touring / resort ripper so naturally I suggested Pro HDs. He’s crammed AF in the 28.5s and needing to return them. I know the last is 2mm smaller but does this jive? Or does he now have a fat summer foot from sandals or something..
    on a related note looking for 29.5s if any mags have a line on a fresh pair of greenies

Can't answer your q, but I think the Panterra is a 102mm last and the Pro HD is definitely a 98mm last.

Was about to buy some new STH2 16's but then I forgot I had these Pivot Dual WTR 14's in the garage. I already have alpine soles on my Lupo Pro HD's (mainly because most of my quiver doesn't have bindings that accept GW's), so I'm guessing I won't have any issues with these Duals in the Alpine mode, but not sure how they'll react with the GW soles if I switch back to them.

Anyway, I'm about to pick up some new BG118's and I'm thinking that these would be a good fit. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these and the Lupo Pro HDs that they can share before I decide?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 1.43.59 PM.png
Views: 839
Size:  756.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.52.18 PM.png
Views: 891
Size:  215.2 KB

there are two easy answers to your question :

- as long as you have DIN soles on your Lupos, you are fine in the Pivots ;

- If you go back to the GripWalk soles, you should use a GripWalk-certified binding ;

that comes from a guy who ran AT boots in alpine bindings for more than a decade...

I would also like to hear from someone with more experience with the GripWalk soles -

do they function with alpine bindings or WTR bindings ? ??

as I am aging, My safety margins are,,, changing - -
    I like the perceived increased safety of GripWalk soles out of the bindings, But
    with a garage full of vintage skis, I am not sure I am willing to continue to ski with ( 'compensated' ) Release function...

with the DIN soles, you are fine on the Pivots. skiJ

^
    I put my DIN soles on after issues with GW, on 2 sets of Lupos & another boot, all had differing thicknesses & I had to constantly adjust my clamps. YMMV.

On my 2019 HD Pros I had to shave both sides of the GW heal because they kept catching on the bracket that holds the arm on the Pivot heal. Other than that I have no issues.

Couldn't find a good answer to this in the thread, but anyone sized down in these? I've got some midget 25 cm and 25.5 cm feet (narrow, high instep), and the lupo 25.5 felt a little to comfortable out of the box (a good two fingers "comfort" shell fit). The 24.5 felt surprisingly good everywhere except for length (shell fit was ~0.5" on my big foot). Anyone got any experience sizing down in these?
    "Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." -Warren Miller
    Ephesians 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Karl May View Post
    Couldn't find a good answer to this in the thread, but anyone sized down in these? I've got some midget 25 cm and 25.5 cm feet (narrow, high instep), and the lupo 25.5 felt a little to comfortable out of the box (a good two fingers "comfort" shell fit). The 24.5 felt surprisingly good everywhere except for length (shell fit was ~0.5" on my big foot). Anyone got any experience sizing down in these?
    I downsized on my Krypton 130s (26.5 feet, went with 25.5). Same internal last as the Lupo HDs but different liners, so take my experience for what it's worth:

The pain was borderline tolerable when just trying them on at room temp, and two runs were all it took to realize they were absolutely un-skiable out the box. Somehow heat molding the liners were all I needed to make them work. Still painful when not skiing, but pretty much a perfect fit when actually skiing.

I'm a bit skeptical about how you describe the fit in your 24.5s, esp considering how much people notice the those lupo air liners pack out compared. And you prob know already length is only one part of the equation.

^ the shell is long for standards, you should be able to grow a 287 mm Lupo to a standard 293-295 25.5 w a good fitter.

Was about to buy some new STH2 16's but then I forgot I had these Pivot Dual WTR 14's in the garage. I already have alpine soles on my Lupo Pro HD's (mainly because most of my quiver doesn't have bindings that accept GW's), so I'm guessing I won't have any issues with these Duals in the Alpine mode, but not sure how they'll react with the GW soles if I switch back to them.

Anyway, I'm about to pick up some new BG118's and I'm thinking that these would be a good fit. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with these and the Lupo Pro HDs that they can share before I decide?

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 1.43.59 PM.png
Views: 839
Size:  756.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.52.18 PM.png
Views: 891
Size:  215.2 KB
    Per Look the Dual WTR bindings are gripwalk compatible. For gripwalk you leave them in Alpine mode. I found a pic on skitalk with a Dual toe that even has gripwalk printed on it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C3562FF3-E6E8-42ED-AFDA-D783D59142C9.jpeg 
Views:	74 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	391372

As previously stated I had to shave the heel for width when I used this combo in the past, I am not sure why dalbello flares the heel rubber out.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Karl May View Post
    I measure 25.1 and have worn 24 boots for the last 15 years (no dabellos though). My last few boots (Hawx Ultra XTD, Quest Max) have been tight on my toes. The Hawx were really tight. I tried going to 24 Lupo 130C last year but knew it was pointless because of my toes. Dalbello feel shorter than a lot of boots, even if they shell fit long. I am going with 25 Lupo HD 130. Who knows how well it will work but I feel like I have good foot hold. I wouldn't go 24 if I were you, unless you only use tech bindings and know a good fitter.

For reference, I'm a bootfitter, sell dalbellos, and consider toes tight when you can feel them on the plastic and they are white everyday and .

Double post...

Can anyone confirm the tongue that comes in this year's Lupo AX HD? The catalogue and the website differ on stated flex (110 vs 120). The catalog says the AX HD is softer than the AX. I'm guessing that is a mistake.