Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    ^^^ Yes, I find it much easier to get into my Krypton Pro and Lupo Ti than overlap boots.
    Cabrio boots are much easier to get into and out of (even at the end of the day when the boots are cold as fuck).
    Nice. I figured but had to make sure. Life is about to get a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Nice. I figured but had to make sure. Life is about to get a whole lot better.
    Especially easy if you put the stock liner (or Intuitions I assume) on first and then insert into boot. For resort days I use a cork liner out of Nordica Grand Prixs and with these I can't insert foot and liner together but with the same liner in its still a little easier than an overlap shell.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Especially easy if you put the stock liner (or Intuitions I assume) on first and then insert into boot. For resort days I use a cork liner out of Nordica Grand Prixs and with these I can't insert foot and liner together but with the same liner in its still a little easier than an overlap shell.
    +1.
    Get Intuition lace ups with the tongue.
    Put liner on first. Enjoy your new slippers.
    When ready to boot up, just put boot shell on.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

So I've been skiing in Endorphins, with the stock liner, for quite a while and they are pretty tired. Sometimes they feel too soft and like I've bottomed out on the forward flex. Mostly they seem not way too soft except at speed in junky snow, and I kind of like softish boots. I also have an ankle that makes cabrio boots the only viable choice for the most part. Anybody have experience with both that could shed some light on the comparative flex?

So I know this isn’t the thread for this but.....

I skied on my HD Pros for the first time yesterday. When I went to step into my bindings (look pivots) they wouldn’t step in all the way. The dongle was only like 30% of the way up on one ski and 80% on the other. I had to pull it up with my hand. After a few runs I took them off and looked closer and it looks like the metal fitting on the heal is binding (no pun intended) with the heal when it is trying lock in. I have then released checked befor skiing and they checked out. I bring this up in the thread because I didn’t have this issue with my 120’s.
    It looks like the forward pressure much but the indicator is in the right place...

Any thoughts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36A6C0BE-A815-479E-95FE-964A5922B558.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	302451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4277CD04-1391-48C9-B9BE-27B2283679D1.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	302452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F4AF0B3A-15E1-45D4-AE2A-2738518A3D7C.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	374.9 KB 
ID:	302453

^ 1) make certain everything is tightened down on the soles, heel, Dynafit fitting - lots of moving parts.

2) these have the new soles that flare a bit, my 120s have older lugs.

3) are your 120s more worn?

File that sucker down...or just unscrew it, not like you need it anyway with those boots.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    File that sucker down...or just unscrew it, not like you need it anyway with those boots.

It holds the heel on.

Yea I think I am going to take it apart make sure everything looks right then put it back together nice and tight.
    There does seem to be some sharp edges so I may take a file and round them off.
    My 120s were not worn down...

Just woundering if anyone else with the HD Pros is seen the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Yea I think I am going to take it apart make sure everything looks right then put it back together nice and tight.
    There does seem to be some sharp edges so I may take a file and round them off.
    My 120s were not worn down...

Just woundering if anyone else with the HD Pros is seen the same thing..
    Mine had similar issues. Loosening the forward pressure a bit seemed to take care of it. The white indicator now shows them as being slightly too loose, but by the forward pressure instructions in the pivot thread, they seem fine

Quote Originally Posted by HarmonyGrits View Post
    So I've been skiing in Endorphins, with the stock liner, for quite a while and they are pretty tired. Sometimes they feel too soft and like I've bottomed out on the forward flex. Mostly they seem not way too soft except at speed in junky snow, and I kind of like softish boots. I also have an ankle that makes cabrio boots the only viable choice for the most part. Anybody have experience with both that could shed some light on the comparative flex?
    I don't have the new boot but can assure you that the endorphins will feel like floppy shoes if compared to the lupo. Much different boot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I skied the Endorphins ~ 2009 or so, as above- this boot retains the walkability, yet is on a different level in-terms of skiing. The Endophins always felt like them might explode off my feet with a hard landing & there was tons of play in the soles. The Lupos will ski like/better than an alpine boot.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    It holds the heel on.
    You are correct!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will likely get booted from TGR for saying this, but I finally scored a quiver of tongues. Skiing the M for the early season / bootpacking / sketchy stuff really works well.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ 1) make certain everything is tightened down on the soles, heel, Dynafit fitting - lots of moving parts.

2) these have the new soles that flare a bit, my 120s have older lugs.

3) are your 120s more worn?
    So after looking more closely I think you are spot on.. it looks like the heal on the sides is getting pinched. It there any negative in shaving the sides?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECFBD152-58D9-457E-B7AE-292AEA9129BF.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	494.3 KB 
ID:	303372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9BAC741D-C181-487E-A0C0-DCCD92C9AB09.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	477.4 KB 
ID:	303373

So after looking more closely I think you are spot on.. it looks like the heal on the sides is getting pinched. It there any negative in shaving the sides?Click image for larger version. 

I've gotta imagine there's a better option than shaving it down. I haven't had any issues with my HD with P18.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What boots are you using? I have heard from a few folks that Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD897786-801A-4857-9438-757604648A86.jpg 
Views:	2778 
Size:	522.1 KB 
ID:	303433the grip walk soles are a little more “flared” over last years. I had the lupo 120 last year and had no issues...same skis and bindings...

In my opinion it seems like all you need to do is step in one time off center and the rubber of the GW sole will get bent out...then it is a persistent issue.

I shaved the side a little and the problem is solved....just strange IMO...

Speaks to me that the forward pressure might be a tad too low. Tell tale to me is non erect dildo. I might be all wrong but...

Ignoring the wedge indicator, with the boot clicked in, what happens if you try to yank the dildo sideways with your hand? Does it move easily? If so, increase FP until it hardly moves when yanked.

Got one day on my AX HD’s touring. Some pretty mellow terrain so didn’t get a feel for how they do when pushed, but they seem stiffer than their 110 flex rating would indicate, coming from freedom RS’s they don’t feel much softer at all. And stiffer than my 5 year old il moros.
    I got so little skiing in I don’t want to comment much more on how they skied.

they tour very well, plenty of ROM, seem warmer than my freedoms, I don’t feel any weight difference.

Not sure what I think about the liner yet. Seems to have some weird pressure points. And doesn’t feel quite as fluid as my il moros driving the boot through the shin. But I’m guessing they’ll improve some as they break in.

got a super good heel hold in these too. Don’t feel like I need to crank them down nearly as much to still feel secure.

worst thing so far is having to remove the tongues, I’m ok with the sacrifice but it does add a lot of time transitioning having to completely undo the boot, throw the tongues on and buckle up again. Hopefully I can dial in a system a little better to make it faster. I’m thinking a little stretch cord and tiny carabiner to hook to the tongue and something else so I can maybe run the toe buckle but not the other two and hopefully not give up too much rom

That is what I thought at first but it checks out fine. If you look really close at the first pic where the arm meets the turntable you will see the rubber on the GW sole bending up due to the whole heal being a tad too wide. Inside when the rubber was warm I didn’t notice but the first time I got them out in the snow and tried to step in I had issues....i compared these soles to the ones that came on my last years AX120 and they are a few mm wider for sure.
    I didn’t have to shave much off the sides to get them to work.

That is what I thought at first but it checks out fine. If you look really close at the first pic where the arm meets the turntable you will see the rubber on the GW sole bending up due to the whole heal being a tad too wide. Inside when the rubber was warm I didn’t notice but the first time I got them out in the snow and tried to step in I had issues....i compared these soles to the ones that came on my last years AX120 and they are a few mm wider for sure.
    I didn’t have to shave much off the sides to get them to work.
    Ahhh, gotcha! Clear as mud.

Yea...I know.... PIA for me but solved now....

Been skiing Krypton Pros.

Just treated myself to some Candide 4.0’s, Shifts and Lupo Pros.

Will report back after I ski them. Slow start at Whistler/Baker this year so won’t be for a few weeks.

Name:	IMG_1011.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	304034

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Been skiing Krypton Pros.

Just treated myself to some Candide 4.0’s, Shifts and Lupo Pros.

Will report back after I ski them. Slow start at Whistler/Baker this year so won’t be for a few weeks.

Name:	IMG_1011.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	240.6 KB 
ID:	304034
    Coming from KR Pros, you're gonna love em

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Question for the Lupo heads:
    Looking for real world experience and usage of the GripWalk w/ Pivot dual WTR binders. Read that they’re compatible and understand they were not specifically designed to. I could find that chart but I’m sure somebody’s dealt with this..
    For me, Lupo AX in the alpine setting allows the boot but afd is jammed/pressured. Then on wtr setting boot floats over afd.
    I’m strongly committed to a handful of wtr pivot binders and shifts only. I suppose could change soles out though was enjoying the stride when wearing around house.
    The boots are new, so I’m facing a point of no return trying to get out tomorrow or use old boots and keep looking. Thanks