Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Looking to upgrade stock liner in my Lupo AXs as they are way too soft. Fit has been great out of the box with no mods necessary. Looks like I can score a deal on the Max Lite liners out of Lupo Pro HD or a Tour Wrap. Goal is to make the boot warmer and hopefully stiffen it up a bit. I'm using the boot as a 50/50 boot for easy tours and inbound skiing. Anybody skiing either of these liners?
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Looking to upgrade stock liner in my Lupo AXs as they are way too soft. Fit has been great out of the box with no mods necessary. Looks like I can score a deal on the Max Lite liners out of Lupo Pro HD or a Tour Wrap. Goal is to make the boot warmer and hopefully stiffen it up a bit. I'm using the boot as a 50/50 boot for easy tours and inbound skiing. Anybody skiing either of these liners?
    I doubt the Max Lite liner will do much to stiffen up the boots given that it has flex zones/notches in both the front and back of the ankle area. Check out Blister's review of the Pro HD. They test the boots with a variety of tongue-liner combos, and reading through it looks like you'll either need a stiffer tongue or a Pro Wrap liner to stiffen up the boot. As much as the stock liners suck, a stiffer tongue is the easier, cheaper, more versatile option IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I doubt the Max Lite liner will do much to stiffen up the boots given that it has flex zones/notches in both the front and back of the ankle area. Check out Blister's review of the Pro HD. They test the boots with a variety of tongue-liner combos, and reading through it looks like you'll either need a stiffer tongue or a Pro Wrap liner to stiffen up the boot. As much as the stock liners suck, a stiffer tongue is the easier, cheaper, more versatile option IMO.
    Got it. Unfortunately, finding the stiffer tongues has been really difficult.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Quote Originally Posted by TheK12 View Post
    Got it. Unfortunately, finding the stiffer tongues has been really difficult.
    Oh bummer. You could probably mod a pair of Full Tilt tongues to fit. I did that a few years ago on a pair of Dalbello Sherpas to stiffen them up. Worked really well.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Oh bummer. You could probably mod a pair of Full Tilt tongues to fit. I did that a few years ago on a pair of Dalbello Sherpas to stiffen them up. Worked really well.
    I think I'm going to try this as it's almost impossible to find Dalbello tongues. Do you remember which FT tongues you used? Looks like they come in 2 different types - FTE (which fit Ascendant/Evolution boot shell) or FTS/FTO (Soul/Original Boot shell). The FTS/FTO is the one with the more pronounced ribs.

Anyone ever have issues with the tongue bolts (for lack of a better term)? Mine seem ok to date, but it looks like the plastic that holds them could be buckling and potentially break if I got too far forward while skinning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke one of mine off a couple of weeks ago skinning with my tongues on :/

Broke the cuff on my new lupo HD boots last week while skiing. Same thing happened to my lupo SP boots a few seasons ago. Still waiting to hear back from Dalbello about getting them warrantied. Anyone know a dalbello rep in the tahoe area?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0583.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	362036

Name:	IMG_0584.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	362037

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m1b8ac View Post
    I broke one of mine off a couple of weeks ago skinning with my tongues on :/
    Did the plastic break or was it the metal? Warranty experience? Have you checked in with dalbello?

Now actually using them this seems to be a pretty obvious design flaw and I don’t see the fix as being easy to remedy since it’s not an easily replaceable part.

Subscribed
    That Don't Make No Sense

It was the plastic that broke, the metal bit didn't even bend. TBH i haven't been in contact with Dalbello or the shop I bought them from yet but I'm going to chat with the shop today

Please do check back in here if you get anywhere. I’m pretty concerned this is an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwald View Post
    Broke the cuff on my new lupo HD boots last week while skiing. Same thing happened to my lupo SP boots a few seasons ago. Still waiting to hear back from Dalbello about getting them warrantied. Anyone know a dalbello rep in the tahoe area?

Name:	IMG_0583.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	362036

Name:	IMG_0584.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	362037

Got this sorted through a great local shop. Anyone else breaking cuffs? Luckily I kept my lupo factories as a backup till i get a replacement cuff.

Best way to increase forward lean just cutting up a shim from the krypton and screwing it into the ledge with one screw? Anyone got photos?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Best way to increase forward lean just cutting up a shim from the krypton and screwing it into the ledge with one screw? Anyone got photos?
    I took the forward lean shims that velcro to the back of the stock liners, and screwed them into the cuff. Works perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

A few people I know have put a Fulltilt version of a shim in there with a little bit of trimming.

Go check the carbon lupo thread, info in there.

I did it, but it was a bit much, so then I just switched to a spoiler, but it works great shimming the ledge.

Difference between Lupo 130 C and Pro HD? How do they compare with AX 120?
    (Asking for a friend, he has AX 120 looking to upgrade)

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    I had the the AX 120 and switched to the Pro HD when it came out. The Pro weighs more, is stiffer, narrower and has a better stock liner.
    I found the 120 to be too soft and wide for me. The pro fit me better and the DH performance is much better and worth the trade off on weight….for me. Others may have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Lupo 130c has a grilamid clog which is lighter and less damp than PU. Pro HD has a normal PU clog which is the same as the Krypton and heavier. Other than that, they have the same cuff.

I scored a pair of pro hd's on Craigslist earlier this summer, finally picking them up from my local friend today. Pretty stoked. Hoping I can solve some of the extra volume issues I was having in the Nordica Strider.

Any recommendations on intuition liners for these? Thinking tour wrap, power wrap, pro wrap, or pro tour. I'm happy with the power wraps in my mercuries, but I'm thinking the lower volume pro wrap might be a better choice for this boot. Not a lot of info out there on the pro wrap. I'm looking for a pair of alpine soles blocks too... Let me know if anyone has a pair that's not getting used.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I scored a pair of pro hd's on Craigslist earlier this summer, finally picking them up from my local friend today. Pretty stoked. Hoping I can solve some of the extra volume issues I was having in the Nordica Strider.

Any recommendations on intuition liners for these? Thinking tour wrap, power wrap, pro wrap, or pro tour. I'm happy with the power wraps in my mercuries, but I'm thinking the lower volume pro wrap might be a better choice for this boot. Not a lot of info out there on the pro wrap. I'm looking for a pair of alpine soles blocks too... Let me know if anyone has a pair that's not getting used.

Hands down, best liner (for me) has been the FullTilt pro liner. Works pretty much out of the box, tours/skis well & molds well!

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Hands down, best liner (for me) has been the FullTilt pro liner. Works pretty much out of the box, tours/skis well & molds well!
    Looks like they might have discontinued the standard pro liner, but they do have 4 other liners that resemble non db-branded intuition liners. Unless you were thinking of one of these?

Last edited by waveshello; 08-21-2021 at 07:34 PM.

I got them home and on my feet... Stoked on the fit. I have about 2 fingers of shell space, fit with the packed out stock liners is a little loose everywhere except the forefoot, which is almost perfect. Maybe I could have gone down to a 26.5 with a forefoot punch. I think I'll be able to avoid any shell work with the right liner. Walk mode feels great. Tongue feels pretty intense, seems like that's common with the stock liners?

EDIT: found a pair of new tour wraps for $99, alpine soles for $50.

So I'm in to these $350 now... Just saw that there are brand new 25.5, 26.5 and 27.5 pro hd's on steep and cheap for $417 right now. Seems like a pretty good deal. Oh well.

Last edited by waveshello; 08-21-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Looks like they might have discontinued the standard pro liner, but they do have 4 other liners that resemble non db-branded intuition liners. Unless you were thinking of one of these?

Pro Wrap FTW