Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Regardless of what the binding manufacturers say the sole issue is still a shit show.
    I have a pit of boots with grip walk and din soles. Afd on the grip walk sole doesn’t align with Salomon binding afd.
    Afd on din soles doesn’t alight with Marker binding afd.
    Certainly didn’t try all Salomons and all Marker models though.

Haven't gotten them on snow yet, but my lupos seem to align fine with pivot gripwalk afd and standard Salomon sth2 16 DIN afd. They don't align with pivot DIN afd.

Lupo Pro HD thread

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Haven't gotten them on snow yet, but my lupos seem to align fine with pivot gripwalk afd and standard Salomon sth2 16 DIN afd. They don't align with pivot DIN afd.
    Interesting. I’m 27.5 AX. Wonder if she’ll length comes into play. Are you in HD? Have they changed the GW sole in new models? Mine are light blue shell.
    Edit: NvM maybe you’re saying you have the current year GW Pivot. I’ve got 2 yr old wtr.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Interesting. I’m 27.5 AX. Wonder if she’ll length comes into play. Are you in HD? Have they changed the GW sole in new models? Mine are light blue shell.
    Edit: NvM maybe you’re saying you have the current year GW Pivot. I’ve got 2 yr old wtr.
    Yeah, I'm in the HD. But I've played with a buddy's AX and the gripwalk pads appear to be in the same spot.

I have a few different generations of pivots and fks's. They all started with standard DIN afd's (which didn't line up) but I've been replacing the afd's with new gripwalks.

Yeah, I'm in the HD. But I've played with a buddy's AX and the gripwalk pads appear to be in the same spot.

I have a few different generations of pivots and fks's. They all started with standard DIN afd's (which didn't line up) but I've been replacing the afd's with new gripwalks.
    In replacing do you mean toe swap or is there an afd swap? My short research showed no part number and spiderjon comments

In replacing do you mean toe swap or is there an afd swap? My short research showed no part number and spiderjon comments
    Afd swap. You have to pull the toe off the ski, but then it's just a plastic plate with the afd attached that gets replaced. Super easy.

*This is for pivot 18's. Not sure if it's different on other models.

Afd swap. You have to pull the toe off the ski, but then it's just a plastic plate with the afd attached that gets replaced. Super easy.

*This is for pivot 18's. Not sure if it's different on other models.
    That would save my situation. These are P14s. Where do you buy them?

That would save my situation. These are P14s. Where do you buy them?
    I just got them from my local shop. They were able to order them recently, so look has them in stock right now.

To close the loop on my thread drift regarding Lupo GW and Pivot WTR toes:/
    Short story is Lupo GW works in Alpine setting. The afd is pressured differently than with din sole. Local shop benched tested GW in alpine wtr w/ passing test marks often ideal. Old toes can convert afds but the wtr toe doesn’t allow new design nor does it need it. Shop also mailed me this recent notice:

Full Action “DUAL” toe pieces cannot be converted to the non-sliding “GripWalk” AFD’s. There was an update to the tabs that attach to the toe wings when we converted to AW/GW models. The “DUAL” AFD in “Alpine” mode stands higher than the new GripWalk AFD, thus the 2mm gap. “DUAL” toe pieces are compatible with GW in the “Alpine” setting, and obviously AW/GW models are compatible with Gripwalk soles with no adjustment necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kc_7777 View Post
    Been skiing Krypton Pros.

Just treated myself to some Candide 4.0’s, Shifts and Lupo Pros.

Will report back after I ski them. Slow start at Whistler/Baker this year so won’t be for a few weeks.
    Attachment 304034
    I like the old-school race-plates.

sarcasm, right? that's a test mount

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    But in all seriousness, I like your idea of mounting to two skis layered on top of each other to increase stiffness. Obviously it costs twice as much (since you need 4 skis), but I bet that setup will crush through mank.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Haha. That pic was in the shop prior to mount. Those Shifts were the display model bolted to a piece of wood.

Here is what it looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1195.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	305360

Name:	IMG_1196.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	305361

But in all seriousness, I like your idea of mounting to two skis layered on top of each other to increase stiffness. Obviously it costs twice as much (since you need 4 skis), but I bet that setup will crush through mank.
    Dying lol. I’ll report back. No more This or That ski. BOTH SKI

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	2A29118E-5628-4B78-BC70-45F4D0DC9D21.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	745.9 KB 
ID:	305537

Overall Fit

Can anyone comment in a little more detail on the overall fit/volume of the Lupo Pro HD? Toe box/mid foot room? Molding liners to create space?

First post (n00b) won't let me type out everything I want to (large feet/big legs, but prefer an aggressive boot. I know boot work can be done, etc.), but I'd love some firsthand accounts of how this thing fits out of the box and vs. other boots. Have heard (and am hoping) that the overall volume feels a little larger than the stated 98mm last. This one looks awesome and any information is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ChillBroBaggins View Post
    Have heard (and am hoping) that the overall volume feels a little larger than the stated 98mm last. This one looks awesome and any information is greatly appreciated!
    I'd say that's about right. Especially with the stock liner, which is a good bit thinner than most of the alpine oriented intuitions.

I'm a low-ish volume foot and the stock liner wasn't even close to being workable for me (although I dropped it into my touring boots, and it's a good fit there). I'm putting luxury liners into mine and hoping that takes up enough space.

Anybody able to compare yet the Lupo Pro to the 130/125/Factory? I assume there's a bit more 'damping' but is there enough difference to warrant a change for a nicer feel at the resort? I'm on the 130C currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillBroBaggins View Post
    Can anyone comment in a little more detail on the overall fit/volume of the Lupo Pro HD? Toe box/mid foot room? Molding liners to create space?

First post (n00b) won't let me type out everything I want to (large feet/big legs, but prefer an aggressive boot. I know boot work can be done, etc.), but I'd love some firsthand accounts of how this thing fits out of the box and vs. other boots. Have heard (and am hoping) that the overall volume feels a little larger than the stated 98mm last. This one looks awesome and any information is greatly appreciated!
    So my 2 cents having owned both.

Just for reference, my size is 26.5 and I normally use Intuition LV Dream Liners in my boots. With the dream liners I always need minor boot work for all boots I have owned that were 98mm or less.

The AX120 (100mm) was very loose on my foot and the stock liner was in my opinion very flimsy and soft.

The Pro HD out of the box with the stock liner was tight, side to side and over the instep. Even after heating it was tight. The heal was nice and no issue in the toe area.

I put a pair of LV dream liners in them and they were perfect. Not boot mods needed. So based on this my feeling is that they are a “looser” 98mm they any of my other boots..

For me they are night and day over the AX 120 from a DH performance standpoint. Very strong DH performance

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Anybody able to compare yet the Lupo Pro to the 130/125/Factory? I assume there's a bit more 'damping' but is there enough difference to warrant a change for a nicer feel at the resort? I'm on the 130C currently.
    Hello...anybody? I think there's at least a few of you now that have been on both.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Hello...anybody? I think there's at least a few of you now that have been on both.
    Factory is Grilamid & skis very ‘tin roof’ like.

PSA- I had some probs with my binding toes fitting. In looking at my Factory’s, AX120s & HDs. Each vintage has slight different Gripwalk soles. In the process of remedying this now.

Loose

I just got a pair; krypton pro 2’s fit me well in a 26.5 (a little roomy width wise) so I ordered some Lupo pro HD’s. I can’t manage to get my foot in the boot with the liner already in there but after stomping around in them for an hour last night they feel too roomy; I was in a lot of pain and the krypton twos felt too small for the first few days of skiing; these feel Comfy in the living room. I saw another poster was using the intuition dream low-volume. The dream medium volume or the pro tour look like good possibilities for me but I am hesitant to just order. Thanks for any input!
    Last edited by sheddd; 01-01-2020 at 11:38 AM.

Yup same for me. 26.5 is my boot size. For my foot the stock liner that came with my Pro HDs was just too tight around my foot. Heal and toes was not an issue. The stock liner looks really nice and it sux that I can’t use it. Like I mentioned a LV Dreamliner solved my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    PSA- I had some probs with my binding toes fitting. In looking at my Factory’s, AX120s & HDs. Each vintage has slight different Gripwalk soles. In the process of remedying this now.
    I had a similar issue with the GW heal on my HD Pro’s being too wide for my pivot heals. I had to shave the sides of the GW heal to fix the issue. I compared my Pro HD GW soles to my AX 120 and the new ones are wider for sure...