Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    It seems like all the pro HDs this year have the teeth on the ankle buckle t nut poking through the shell. I checked a few boots and saw it. As well as ovalizing the turret on boots that have never been skied.

I’m not sure why they recessed the T nut so far into the shell.

Anyone else notice this? Any failures as a result?

Attachment 395909
    They all look like that. Never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Update: Intuition Tour wrap + pro HD is a good combo, on the high volume side. No shin issues. If I was only skiing these inbounds I'd be interested in trying the pro wrap instead. I had to add a thicker footbed (super feet green) to fill some of the space, but now I can get a good snug-to-tight fit. Hopefully the liners hold up for a while.

I had some arch pain during the first couple days of use, that's gone now and they are good for a full day of skiing with no pain. I've done maybe 10 miles of uphill in them, no issues there either. These walk so nicely despite the weight... There's not a lot of resistance in the ROM.

I'm happy with this boot... Thankful for advice that steered me in this direction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Good to know. I ordered up another liner from Dalbello as I’m going back to the Lupo for 2023. I’ve had hit & miss with wraps & FullTilt variants.

I snapped the instep cable on my lupos today... Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

I suggest you get some full tilt ones. Switched to those years ago and no snapped cables since

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I suggest you get some full tilt ones. Switched to those years ago and no snapped cables since

Thanks for the tip. Looks like everything is out of stock just about everywhere... So the search continues. Do you know which FT boot is the most similar to the lupo for cable sizing purposes?

NVM... I'll just take the broken one off and measure.

I snapped the instep cable on my lupos today... Anyone know where I can find a replacement?

Where are you located?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Where are you located?
    Central WA state. I found a 180mm pair and a 190mm pair, I ordered both in hopes that one of them will work--I was in a hurry hoping to get them before the weekend. I'm pretty sure one or the other is the correct size.

The other pair I will pass along here, should work for the next size up or down from me.

Thanks for the tip. Looks like everything is out of stock just about everywhere... So the search continues. Do you know which FT boot is the most similar to the lupo for cable sizing purposes?

NVM... I'll just take the broken one off and measure.

I do not remember which one I got. I took the broken one into a FT dealer and matched for size. I think I ended up with a cable from the FT wide last boots, not the old raichle style FT.

For now, I spliced some 12 ga stranded insulated wire in to a loop and installed in place of the cable. Seems to be holding just fine, hopefully it holds up till the cable gets here.

I do not remember which one I got. I took the broken one into a FT dealer and matched for size. I think I ended up with a cable from the FT wide last boots, not the old raichle style FT.
    FT soul shell does not use cables -

You may have found cables from a larger shell size...

Good luck. skiJ

Lupo Pro HD thread

SkiJ, These do use cables. I used the top one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650068156.827983.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	413287
    Last edited by skisurfmirth; 04-17-2022 at 11:23 AM.

Found the middle cable in stock here:
    https://suburbanskiandbike.com/Full-...190-MB1151190/

Sizing for Lupo pro HD seems to be identical to the full tilt ascendant, ie, the 180 mm cable fits my 27.5 dalbello lupo pro HD perfectly.

Sizing as follows (second column from right is the middle cable):

I ended up with an extra set of 190 mm cables, if anyone needs one I will mail it to you. I'm keeping the other 180 mm cable for when my other boot breaks.

Nice work finding the #s

Hi All.What are the honest opinions on the touring capability of this boot?

I have a very wide forefoot and a very tall forward instep and am over 200 lbs.
    Currently trying out the Pro HD at home and will definitely need a punch on the side.

This will be my boot for all days, including days up to and over 2,000 M of vertical climbing in Alberta and BC.

I had tried on the Prime XTD and it felt like there was more forefoot space in the Pro HD, but now after having them on for a bit I'm not sure.

Weight and slower transitions are the biggest drawbacks over a 100% bc boot imo. They don't walk/scramble on rocks or trails as well as a boot with a full rubber, rockered sole either, but with the grip walk soles they are ok.

I did 100% of my touring in mine last season, which was around 20 days. My biggest day was ~6k feet. I have MV tour wraps in mine, with well worn superfeet green footbeds. The whole setup worked very well for me as a quiver of one boot--happy feet all season long. I do tend to prioritize downhill fun over uphill speed.

I'm still going to grab my clapped out Dynafit mercuries if I'm trying to keep up with fast people or doing a lot of transitions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DD77419-1E95-4265-B588-9AFB44B17727.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	408.1 KB 
ID:	427828

New Lupo arrived
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7BAB050D-548A-4A9B-8699-D985B7B2A50A.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	396.6 KB 
ID:	427827  

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn View Post
    Hi All.What are the honest opinions on the touring capability of this boot?

I have a very wide forefoot and a very tall forward instep and am over 200 lbs.
    Currently trying out the Pro HD at home and will definitely need a punch on the side.

This will be my boot for all days, including days up to and over 2,000 M of vertical climbing in Alberta and BC.

I had tried on the Prime XTD and it felt like there was more forefoot space in the Pro HD, but now after having them on for a bit I'm not sure.
    Do all my skiing in Bc/Ab Purcell/RockiesI would use my hojis for touring and sledding and Luptons for the ski hill/slack. Like stated above there are much more efficient boots for touring but the Lupo is a killer hybrid.

Do all my skiing in Bc/Ab Purcell/RockiesI would use my hojis for touring and sledding and Luptons for the ski hill/slack. Like stated above there are much more efficient boots for touring but the Lupo is a killer hybrid.
    Thanks I am skiing the same areas as you. I am touring 90% of the time, but at my weight and for durability I am looking at the hybrid style boots. Coming from a pair of Mindbender 130s.
    Trying to figure out if the Pro HD is the way to go and if I can gain some uphill efficiency

Forward ROM on the Lupos is quite good (especially for a crossover boot) with the tongue out, and rearward ROM is also decent. Fucking around with the tongues is clunky and slow to transition though, and the boots still aren't light. Really depends what you want to prioritize.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Forward ROM on the Lupos is quite good (especially for a crossover boot) with the tongue out, and rearward ROM is also decent. Fucking around with the tongues is clunky and slow to transition though, and the boots still aren't light. Really depends what you want to prioritize.
    +1. They walk well for how heavy they are. Worked great as a 50/50 boot for a season, and are now a dedicated slack boot. I don’t do 2000M plus days.

I have the hoji 130, not the shark nose, and i thought they ski really well. Are the lupos better for the down?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have the hoji 130, not the shark nose, and i thought they ski really well. Are the lupos better for the down?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk
    I have the hoji 110. I really like them. Best touring boot I’ve ever had and by far the best sled skiing boot. The Lupton (Lupo lower, krypton cuff, no walkmode) I’ve been skiing at the resort/slack is higher cut and has greater lateral power than the Hoji110

Lupo Pro HD thread

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn View Post
    Thanks I am skiing the same areas as you. I am touring 90% of the time, but at my weight and for durability I am looking at the hybrid style boots. Coming from a pair of Mindbender 130s.
    Trying to figure out if the Pro HD is the way to go and if I can gain some uphill efficiency
    Yeah that makes sense. I’m much lighter than you. I still ski the Lupton with a b flex tongue so it’s a 130ish flex dalbello but I use the hoji110. Maybe check out the Hoji 130? If 90% of my skiing was touring around here, especially if only from roadside, I would use the hoji over the Lupo.
    Last edited by skisurfmirth; 09-28-2022 at 08:44 PM.

So, a gaggle of questions for those who’ve heat molded their Lupo Pro HD’s shell..

For starters, did you follow Dalbello’s official MyFit guidance for heat molding (or ‘heat customization’, as they put it) the shells, as far as baking the entire shell in an oven at 80°-100°C/176°F-230*F for 8 minutes? Or did you end up doing a diff temp/time for some reason?

What kinda movement did you get from the shell, ie would you say the process was successful, as far as ending up with a better, or even ideally fitting boot, particularly for the areas of your foot that you you were most looking to get better/more room for?

Speaking of which did you use any extra padding on your foot/ankle for hotspots/prominences? And if you initially got good movement in the shell from baking it, did it eventually revert back to its original shape, to some extent?

Any other tips or advice, such as your method in stepping in after heating, buckle tightness, shell cooldown, etc (or even a full walk-through lol) from those who’ve completed this on the current gen Lupo would be humongously appreciated! 🤘🏼🤘🏼

^ ok, I’m just going to slow ur roll. The Lupo HD is made of PU plastic - aka race shell material. It grinds better than molds. Find a race fitter & tip em well.