Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Canting options for Lupo?

Also, tech binding canting options? I see cant strips at Tognar that I could custom cut. Anything else out there?

Cantology makes Dalbello specific ones, but for some reason their website / web presentation is poor.

These won’t work if in pin mode.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Cantology makes Dalbello specific ones, but for some reason their website / web presentation is poor.

These won’t work if in pin mode.
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

For the pin set up I would be looking at shimming the binding. Not as crucial as the hill set up but it would be nice to be consistent.

That being said, I wonder if cantology shims cause sole clearance issues in tech bindings and is there enough material to router off on the lugs above the tech fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Thanks. I'll check it out.

For the pin set up I would be looking at shimming the binding. Not as crucial as the hill set up but it would be nice to be consistent.

That being said, I wonder if cantology shims cause sole clearance issues in tech bindings and is there enough material to router off on the lugs above the tech fittings.
    In a tech binding, you are “floating” on the pins, so no need to router & many (not all) shop techs don’t router the lil amount the cantology changes the lugs. 1 degree is really nothing- dirt/snow are more.

I have used the Tognor shims w good results- just make certain you have 3-4 threads showing to secure the ski.

Cold River Ski Tools also makes shims & can’t kits.

https://shopcoldriver.com/

I’m more like a 3 degree adjustment. I realize the pins make the boot float but essentially the shimmed side of my sole will be a few mm lower when hanging from the pins. I’m curious if that would cause issue, potentially when stepping in.

Some of the confusion might be because I am talking about adjusting for tech bindings and for alpine bindings. On The tech set up I would shim the bindings. On the alpine set up I would shin the sole and router the lugs.

So the question remains, is there a conflict when you router a few mm off the lug above the tech insert? It’s seems like there is only 3mm of material there on other boots I have.

Shim the binding w tognar stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    put foot in liner. lace up. put foot and liner in shell.
    This changed my life. Thanks again.

Anyone tried and compared the Krypton 130 vs the Lupo HD? I ordered both recently and I'm trying to decide between em. From what I can tell so far, Lupo is cheaper, lighter, walk mode, and removable tongue. The Krypton seems to just be burlier, with a beefier liner, maybe warmer, but has none of those other options.
    Basically switching over to one of these two from Lange XT3 140 because I cannot get in and out of that boot without excruciating pain and bruising of my feet. Love the way it skis though!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Anyone tried and compared the Krypton 130 vs the Lupo HD? I ordered both recently and I'm trying to decide between em. From what I can tell so far, Lupo is cheaper, lighter, walk mode, and removable tongue. The Krypton seems to just be burlier, with a beefier liner, maybe warmer, but has none of those other options.
    Basically switching over to one of these two from Lange XT3 140 because I cannot get in and out of that boot without excruciating pain and bruising of my feet. Love the way it skis though!
    Tried the HDs over the summer and didn't like how upright they were. My Kryps are on their forward-most setting, and HDs didn't feel close. Ended up passing on them, though I know people have DIY'd some shims onto the cuff. Fit felt slightly roomier due to different liner too.

Not sure if you've seen the Kryptlupo thread, but people have been replacing the HD carbon cuffs for the PU one from Kryps for more power.

FYI alpine ski and snowboard co has the 20/21 Pro HD for less than $400 atm

It seems like all the pro HDs this year have the teeth on the ankle buckle t nut poking through the shell. I checked a few boots and saw it. As well as ovalizing the turret on boots that have never been skied.

I’m not sure why they recessed the T nut so far into the shell.

Anyone else notice this? Any failures as a result?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0049.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	395909

So I bought some Lupo HDs, two pair actually. One is last year's and one is this year's. Any major differences that y'all are noticing besides color? I do like the new one's color a little better, but they'll be $150 more than last years.

It seems like all the pro HDs this year have the teeth on the ankle buckle t nut poking through the shell. I checked a few boots and saw it. As well as ovalizing the turret on boots that have never been skied.

Wtf

From Dalbello: The ovalization comes like that from the factory and is part of their dynalink patent. As for the t nut, they went with longer teeth this year to hold better but obvs they are too long.

We had a 120AX warrantied last year that was punched in that exact spot, the circumference where the t-nut is was weakened from stretching and then broke off. I didn't know this when the customer came to get his new warrantied pair and wanted the same spot punched so now that same circumference is weakened again (plastic is 'whitened') so no doubt that will fail on him soon too.

I must say, after having owned the 130 (did ski well) and fitted enough people in the Lupos, Dalbello QC is weak and I'm quite hesitant to put any more people into the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    We had a 120AX warrantied last year that was punched in that exact spot, the circumference where the t-nut is was weakened from stretching and then broke off. I didn't know this when the customer came to get his new warrantied pair and wanted the same spot punched so now that same circumference is weakened again (plastic is 'whitened') so no doubt that will fail on him soon too.

I must say, after having owned the 130 (did ski well) and fitted enough people in the Lupos, Dalbello QC is weak and I'm quite hesitant to put any more people into the boot.
    We had the same warranty on an AX but there was no punch. Just whitening around the post.

It would be so easy for them to make the shell thicker around that Tnut. It doesn't need such a deep recession to sit in.

Is Dalbello on crack?

Why is the Lupo HDax softer than the AX120? The former has the C tongue, the latter has a P tongue.

Especially weird given the HD moniker made it stiffer in the 98mm last lupo.

I can’t find the post for the fellow who used the krytpon forward lean shim on his lupos. He screwed it into the ledge. I’m about to do the same thing but I want to see if it lasted for him, or how much it ducked to get the boot into and out of walk mode.

I can’t find the post for the fellow who used the krytpon forward lean shim on his lupos. He screwed it into the ledge. I’m about to do the same thing but I want to see if it lasted for him, or how much it ducked to get the boot into and out of walk mode.
    Margotron is who you are looking for

For anyone with fatter feet considering the Lupo AX HD vice the Pro HD, it's a good boot. Yah, it's marketed with a C tongue, and with said tongue, it's soft AF in the fore, but the clog (PU) and cuff are stiff making it plenty stiff aft and laterally. Swapped for a P or B tongue they are a 130ish flex for sure. For ref, I am 6'2/210, ski bigger lines at a bigger mtn, and push around a Moment CMD 108 and 118 in this boot without issue. Coming from a Lange XT Free Pro and a Doberman Pro before that. Have about 50 days in em now in the stock liner so they're def broken in. Feet are 103/105 mm/high arch and instep, and this is the first boot that gives me the performance I need and didn't need a punch (good for me, maybe not you). Yah, they're upright, more upright than my previous two boots, but after a few days I got used to it (too lazy to DIY). P tongue is sweet spot for me but have the B's on standby should I need em. Use em as a dedicated inbounds boot with some slackcountry. Much prefer these to the XT Free (Grilamid!); too long since I've skied the Doberman's to know but I liked those too. Perhaps too soft for those who ski plugs (I wouldn't know), but anyone looking for a wider performance resort boot that can walk, these fit the bill for sure. Wish I had time in the Pro to provide a direct compare, buuuut, I don't. YMMV.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 01-06-2022 at 09:01 PM.

I was surprised to not see anyone else having issues with the quick lace buckle being a pressure point. Tucking the quick lace buckle behind the tongue causes immense shin pain for me. I had to remove the lacing from the liner to avoid this. Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by coffeebrewer View Post
    Tucking the quick lace buckle behind the tongue causes immense shin pain for me.
    I put my liner on, tighten it up, then put liner in boot. When buckling up I tuck laces in, but make sure the lace buckle is facing up, which puts it just above the tongue. No issues this way. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    I put my liner on, tighten it up, then put liner in boot. When buckling up I tuck laces in, but make sure the lace buckle is facing up, which puts it just above the tongue. No issues this way. Hope that helps.
    Distinct possibility i am retarded, but when i cinch the laces tight, the buckle is unavoidably behind the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    Update: Got the tour wraps in the Pro HDs and did some garage testing. They were missing the foot beds so I pulled some superfeet greens out of another pair of boots and put those in. Fit feels awesome without molding, so I'm a little worried it won't be awesome after a couple weeks of skiing and hiking in them. Shin issue seems to be solved. The walk mode on these feels great, I think they are actually better than the Nordica Strider I was in. ROM feels similar but the Lupo has less drag.

Pro wrap might have been the way to go... If these tour wraps pack out and get too roomy, that's probably the direction I'll go.

I'm pretty stoked to ski these!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Update: Intuition Tour wrap + pro HD is a good combo, on the high volume side. No shin issues. If I was only skiing these inbounds I'd be interested in trying the pro wrap instead. I had to add a thicker footbed (super feet green) to fill some of the space, but now I can get a good snug-to-tight fit. Hopefully the liners hold up for a while.

I had some arch pain during the first couple days of use, that's gone now and they are good for a full day of skiing with no pain. I've done maybe 10 miles of uphill in them, no issues there either. These walk so nicely despite the weight... There's not a lot of resistance in the ROM.

I'm happy with this boot... Thankful for advice that steered me in this direction.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see others have reported that the boot boards are moving while they hike.

I have experienced the same problem, with the compound problem that the boot boards are disintegrating around where the lugs in the shell engage.

Name:	20220131_114333.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	951.4 KB 
ID:	403876

The boards appear to be made out of some sort of weird material that reminds me more of sturdier styrofoam than plastic, which is probably great for insulating against the cold ground, but is also probably the cause of the easy wear.

Anyone else having this issue?