Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I had a turnip in the fridge, too. I just spaced it out. Besides, I'm hoping that the tartness of the cheap Bordeaux balances out the sugars of the carrot and starchiness of the potatoes
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

We made a pretty bomber sweet potato soup/coconut curry on Sunday. And by we, I mean my GF, I just followed directions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Best part about being married to a Russian is the soups. This one is called schi, and it's made from sorrel (lemon spinach), homemade chicken broth, chicken, boiled eggs, dill, onions, and potatoes. Sounds weird but it's both refreshing (sorrel is very sour) and hearty.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    This one is called schi
    So good. Dill always reminds me of Russia.

Just harvested blue hubbards - 50# this year! Squash soup is the best.
    Name:  IMG_0401.jpeg
Views: 130
Size:  43.0 KB
    north bound horse.

I think we all agree that a nice crusty bread makes a good soup even better. And WTF is parsnip and turnips? Not a veggie guy, so likely would not like it, but I don't know if I've even seen one, never mind eaten it.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I think we all agree that a nice crusty bread makes a good soup even better. And WTF is parsnip and turnips? Not a veggie guy, so likely would not like it, but I don't know if I've even seen one, never mind eaten it.
    Try those things some time in a pan of roasted root veggies. Bit of olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper - roast until things are fork-tender. Roasted parsnips and turnips are quite tasty...