South lake Tahoe trail recs

Heading to Tahoe for the weekend and will likely have tomorrow morning free to get a bike ride in. Anyone got a good 10-15 mile, 1-2ish hour ride?

Also open to family hiking recs for a fit family ranging from late 20s to mid 60s?

Brewery and food recs too.

Thanks 😘

Search for some of the TRT loops. Armstrong to Corral is pretty fun and most of the climb is up a paved road. Corral ranges from rocky and technical to jumps and huge berms - kind of a neat variety.

Isn't Toads on the south end? I still have yet to ride Tahoe but I've heard great things about that one.

Take more time. It's worth it.

Ride up Clear Creek Trail to Star Lake. TRT south to Armstrong to Arm Connector to Corral. Armstrong is flowy with awesome lappable tables on Corral. what tahoej said.

Or ride Mr. Toad's. Up Fountain Place Road to Armstrong to TRT south to Toad's. Slay. Toad's is more DHy than Armstrong/Corral. https://www.trailforks.com/route/mr-toads-loop/

If you have a shuttle option, have someone drop you off way up high on Heavenly (8k). Ride south on TRT past Monument Pass, Star Lake, and descend Armstrong or Toad's.

Christmas Valley and Hawley Grade are both great, but not as legendary as the above two. Shorter laps though.

There is a ton of really good riding of all kinds. Tahoe Mountain for more XCish, TRT near Heavenly/Spooner, Van Sickle for views...

Trailforks is your friend.
    sproing!

Thanks for the recs all! I think an Armstrong to corral variety is the ticket, gonna try to get the mother in law to shuttle us to horse Meadows road and then drop into Armstrong pass trail.....

Appreciate the recs and I'll let y'all know how it goes

I've always thought Toads is Tahoe's premier (downhill) trail. There's only one section that really technical, and it's easily walkable. Corral is also fun. Tamba's website is a nice resource.

For hiking, if you have a full day, Tallac would be my choice (10.5 miles/3.6k). If you only have a couple hours, Eagle Lake is a crowd-pleaser and also close to Emerald Bay. (Note: The parking gets full quick on weekend mornings.) Beyond that, anything that gets you into Desolation Wilderness is going to be good.

I'm riding with the wife tomorrow morning and I'm not sure toads would be an enjoyable ride for her. She's more of a slowly smooth intermediate trail type of gal.

But ya toads looks like the a real fun trail, maybe if the weather holds

Armstrong connector is not that technical at all, very flowy with some small smooth granite features that are easy enough to navigate. If I recall the features on Corrall (mostly granite ledge drops) all have ridearounds and Corrall Sidewinder is an endless berm segment with no real features / no airs. You can roll the jumps on Corrall as well, no gaps.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hey everyone. I'm going to be living near Carson City this summer. I'm from Vermont and have never ridden in the West. Does anyone have trail recommendations for the NV side of the lake? Are there good options for riding lift served in the area? Thanks yall

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Expect rocks, dust, loose conditions, not wet roots. You're gonna have fun.

Lift served at Tahoe is Northstar. Mammoth, for farther away and bigger.

Be sure to check out Downieville sometime. We'll go out and camp and shuttle sometime this summer, if you want to join us.

I organize the Tuesday Night Ride Group rides in Reno, if you want to drive north on Tues evenings, and interested in trail riding (not DH, mostly). We'll be mostly in south Reno and Mt Rose highway area in summer. PM me if you want more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.