Best Patrol watch?

Would appreciate any recs on the best watch to wear while on Patrol. Obviously need a second hand, maybe temp gauge, rugged, etc. Not looking to break the bank. Thinking around $300 max but can expand that if needed. Also, any other features you might advise as important would be appreciated as well. Leaning towards a simple G-Shock at the moment but was hoping for some input from those with experience first.

I would recommend a mountain adventure themed watch. But look for one that you can't actually tell what time it is.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  61.6 KB

I got a kid's "Sports" watch on for $3 direct from China, removed half of the band, and cut down the other half so it hangs upside-down like a nurse watch zip-tied to vest. It's even red and black, I'll post a photo tonight.

You can send me the other $297 if you're hell bent on spending $300. Or save some of that for condoms & beer, which is all you really need if you're a patroller.

The real original-ish simple g shock is like $50. I have a simple-ish g shock that has solar and analog hands and digital from Costco for less than $100.

What does a patroller need condoms for?

$20 Timex with large geezer hands, tic marks, and numbers is low profile enough not to interfere with my gloves. And for taking vitals what's important to me is to be able to see the hands and the tic marks.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

No watch. That way someone else has to take vitals.

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    Après BSI.

$20 Timex with large geezer hands, tic marks, and numbers is low profile enough not to interfere with my gloves. And for taking vitals what's important to me is to be able to see the hands and the tic marks.
    This. Forget the temp and other shit. There are plenty of thermometers and other instruments around.

Hey C! Whassup?

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    This. Forget the temp and other shit. There are plenty of thermometers and other instruments around.

Hey C! Whassup?
    X3. You want analog not digital or you’ll count seconds instead of heartbeats. Been there...

This has lasted me 3 years in the nastiest conditions. I finally had to change the battery last month, and even shaky hands me could do it:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BM7J6AO/

And smile goes to CAIC. Who is the chez dude ;?)

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Appreciate the input, Gentlemen!

I'm not sure if this is too busy, but if it stands up to the abuse and rigors of professional football it should certainly be ok for patrolling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11041352g_zoom_v1556051759226.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	412.5 KB 
ID:	295235
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^ That Richard Mille RM 11-03 McLaren Flyback is only $350,000

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    ^ That Richard Mille RM 11-03 McLaren Flyback is only $350,000
    chump change for a patroller

Hey @Meadow Skipper and @MakersTeleMark ! Retirement life is good in Hokkaido. Got some medical SHIT to take care of before snow starts flying. Multiple repeats of the same procedure are no picnic. Thank you Japan for affordable health care. Follow-up appointment in the morning with round two to look forward to next month. Gotta be ready for guests starting in January.

On topic, glad you agree with my purported common sense.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

I prefer the RM 27-03. Its the watch that Richard Mille designed with Rafa Nadal. It was built to tolerate the forces produced with his tennis stroke, its tourbillon caliber can withstand forces of up to 10,000 Gs – a new threshold for the watch industry. And it weighs only 34 grams, and it's only $725,000.

Very subtle. Hoping one day I can get an RM-027. Vamos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Who is the chez dude ;?)
    Chezwood

Forget timex. I've had two recently where the battery wouldn't stay in place. They keep good time when they're running but start and stop when they feel like it.

^Roger that. Good info all around from the collective. Easy decision now and it frees up budgeted $$ that will now be allocated to a shiny new pair of square tips. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    removed half of the band, and cut down the other half so it hangs upside-down like a nurse watch zip-tied to vest.
    BTW, this was exactly the kind of experienced advice I was looking for. Thank you.

^ There are pros and cons to doing that. It's super accessible, but makes it a little harder to count breaths when pretending to be getting heart rate. I'm still a newbie, got the idea from a nurse.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    No watch. That way someone else has to take vitals.
    That’s my route. And plug your ears ‘a little bit’ after you have thrown the shot. It’s probably a dud if it hasn’t blown in ‘quite a while’

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums