Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Not better than Bob Dylan, keep it real, y’all
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I completely disagree. Nothing but respect from me for Dylan, but Hunter is poetry. Go read the entire Terrapin Station suite. That work compares favorably against the entire history of American literature.

And there is a reason that the only man Dylan ever had write an album of lyrics for him was Hunter.

Let there be songs

To fill the air

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

OK, I found a site that actually cares about these things, and you can search for the songs written by Hunter and Barlow and played by GD It’s called whitegum.com.

I get 91 songs written by Hunter, 78 of those with Garcia. 45 songs written by Barlow, 34 of those with Weir and 11 with Mydland.

So it’s back to around 66% Hunter, not 90%.

much respect. from a metal and hip hop boi

RIP

ple

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    OK, I found a site that actually cares about these things, and you can search for the songs written by Hunter and Barlow and played by GD It’s called whitegum.com.

I get 91 songs written by Hunter, 78 of those with Garcia. 45 songs written by Barlow, 34 of those with Weir and 11 with Mydland.

So it’s back to around 66% Hunter, not 90%.
    elections won on far less %'s , so, i stand by "whatever % is was a lot"

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    seems he wrote like 90%+ (whatever % is was a lot)
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Dylan wasn't even close.

Death don't have no mercy--indeed. A sad day. What a shame that he had to work to pay off medical bills.
    In fairness, not a Robert Hunter song. From the Rev. Gary Davis "Pure Religion!" LP--Jorma obviously learned it from this recording (so did I), maybe Jerry did too. Rev. Davis was the original guitar hero--a blind street singer who taught finger picking acoustic guitar to a lot of 60's musicians.

The guitar on this one is pretty spare for Gary Davis. The song that follows on youtube is a lot fancier. Worth following down the rabbit hole.

The storyteller makes no choice
    Soon you will not hear his voice
    His job is to shed light
    And not to master

RIP to a legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    His job is to shed light
    And not to master

RIP to a legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfect quote.

Thank you Robert for shedding your light on the world!

I had the pleasure of meeting him after a show in Philly (89 maybe?), he was amazingly friendly and happy to answer what were likely questions he had answered a thousand times over in his life.

Fare thee well

And let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Does god look down on the boys in the barroom?
    Maybe forsaken but surely not judged
    Jacks, Kings and Aces their faces in wine
    Do lord, deliver our kind.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^Hey that's the quote I was gonna use 😕

I had the pleasure of meeting Hunter after a wonderful show at the Boulder Theater in (I think) fall 1990. I was sitting front row against the stage and fell asleep during the set break leaned back in my chair with my feet on the stage. He came out and started playing and I didn't wake up so he came over and kicked my feet off the stage and I went down. After the whole he came over to me and thanked me for the entertainment so i told him that i had just driven from NY in 40 hours by myself and the told me his show wouldn't be worth that kind of effort and i was nuts. Then we enjoyed a beer and talked for a few minutes.

Disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayItLeo View Post
    His job is to shed light
    And not to master
    This.
    "Can't you see..."

I don't Know it Must have Been the Roses from Tales of the Great Rum Runners is a true classic. Hunter was a master. Garcia said that Hunter wrote the words he would if he could. We are so lucky they found each other.
    Gravity Junkie

Another cool cat leaves us.
    RIP.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    I don't Know it Must have Been the Roses from Tales of the Great Rum Runners is a true classic. Hunter was a master. Garcia said that Hunter wrote the words he would if he could. We are so lucky they found each other.
    I heard David Gans on Sirrius yesterday use a quote from a person whom I cant recall that said they wondered whether Hunter had written the songs or "remembered" them (from a life past), as all couldve easiily been written in the 1800's and been just as relevant as they stand today. Thought that was a cool quote.

Gans did a last minute tribute show yesterday on Sirrius callers, famous writers that knew Hunter, etc. Was a great couple hours of programming.

Fucking GOAT. The Grateful Dead could not have existed without Bob. Jerry would have been great no matter what but Hunter made the Dead the Dead.

I'll never forget his story about him sitting on a bench in London with a bottle of wine, where he wrote “Ripple,” “Brokedown Palace” and “To Lay Me Down" all in one afternoon. There is a video of him discussing it, and he says something like "Those days will never come again...or they will, but not for me."

I had a crazy fucking day yesterday that ended with a 2-hour drive home and I of course listened to the Dead the whole time. Jerry died when I was sixteen but I cannot really imagine my life without them.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I'll never forget his story about him sitting on a bench in London with a bottle of wine, where he wrote “Ripple,” “Brokedown Palace” and “To Lay Me Down" all in one afternoon. There is a video of him discussing it, and he says something like "Those days will never come again...or they will, but not for me."
    That writing session has always mesmerized me. I always wanted to know who the woman was that broke his heart so bad that those three songs all came out at the same time. Amazing.

RIP
    I ski the east.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70950937_10162491612520691_4034183238338478080_o.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	480.8 KB 
ID:	295265
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I heard David Gans on Sirrius yesterday use a quote from a person whom I cant recall that said they wondered whether Hunter had written the songs or "remembered" them (from a life past), as all couldve easiily been written in the 1800's and been just as relevant as they stand today. Thought that was a cool quote.

Gans did a last minute tribute show yesterday on Sirrius callers, famous writers that knew Hunter, etc. Was a great couple hours of programming.
    I listened to most of that in the car yesterday. Good stuff that I wish there wasn't a reason to have heard