Surfing in Morocco

Has anyone been? I’m looking at an area south of Essaouira, hopefully end of December-beginning if january.

I’m wondering what the swell might be like and the water temp. Thanks team.

Morocco is a dream destination of mine. Good food, good surf, no extradition treaty with the United States..

Ah that’s all I need to hear. I’ve heard the cuisine and culture is amazing so count me in.

mid 60s and prime n Atlantic season should plan for some decent swell

just got back from Morocco 2 weeks ago... spent 2 1/2 months there..of that time I stayed in the essaouira area for about a month n a half... the new secret hot spot is a place north of there call safi.. the break is called the head of snake... the beaches south of essaouira are incredible....beach breaks for miles n miles... I wasn't there to surf but was there to kitesurf and climb some mountains in the atlas...food is ok if there for a week or 2 but after a while I was craving a steak.also check out a super sick right point called immessouane.also go to sidi kaouki... great Lil beach town.

Uggh. Food sucks In Morocco

Death by tajine

You would think that the French occupation would have rubbed off and left something more than the same meal over and over.

Beaches were beautiful. Wish I had time to surf there
    . . .

seen some pictures of insane empty breaks

I went to Morocco once though I didn't stay there for long, its a good place to surf with a decent swell. And the food there is unique.

Was in and around Taghazout/Agadir/Essouira for a couple weeks in Nov. Solid consistent surf the whole time, not too crowded at all. Good food, people, interesting culture. Really enjoyed it.

2 years ago my wife and I were vacationing in Morocco. And decided to try surfing there. We rested in the resort town Agadir. The best surfing beaches are within 30 minutes.
    There is a very well-developed surfing infrastructure. There are equipment rental, surf schools, surf camps, and many more cafes and bars.
    Another big plus is that the waves are there all year round. So whenever you come there, you can always go surfing.
    We liked the resort, we want to go back there somehow.

Wolf... next time stay in essaouira...

IF you like a really quiet town, another 45mins north from Taghazout is Imsouane. The bay can get packed, but it's pretty much always working and it's a little more relaxed than taghazout

Surfing

Hi everybody!
    I always dreamed to trip in Morocco for surf weekend. Who was there, can you tell me how much it all will cost if i will flew from Europe?