Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That’s funny I feel the same way about Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    As someone who semi-despises Boulder and has to visit family in Denver I couldn’t agree more.

Sundowner or Dark Horse for a dive bar or Avery Brewing for beer. Adam is a great guy.

It’s going to be a packed everywhere that week. If you need a break take the drive up Boulder Canyon to Nederland. Kathmandu, Crosscut Pizza, Pioneer Inn are all local favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, Boulder is awful
    Attachment 295176
    Eldo has to be the most overrated chosspile of a climbing area in the country. It's crowded as a motherfucker, and the rock is garbage with loose kitty litter on every ledge and big detached blocks all over the place. I swear some gaper drops a rock on my head every fucking time I go there. Not only that, but the pro generally sucks and all the climbing is off balance and awkward, and all the popular routes are polished and greasy. It has a lot of history, but for actual quality of climbing, there are far better places in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    It’s going to be a packed everywhere that week. If you need a break take the drive up Boulder Canyon to Nederland. Kathmandu, Crosscut Pizza, Pioneer Inn are all local favorites.
    I heard, even way up here from the grapevine, that the PI is no longer. Many times spent there.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    that the PI is no longer. Many times spent there.
    I’m sorry... I’m drunk in Chicago o business trip. WhT? PI, good times

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Eldo has to be the most overrated chosspile of a climbing area in the country. It's crowded as a motherfucker, and the rock is garbage with loose kitty litter on every ledge and big detached blocks all over the place. I swear some gaper drops a rock on my head every fucking time I go there. Not only that, but the pro generally sucks and all the climbing is off balance and awkward, and all the popular routes are polished and greasy. It has a lot of history, but for actual quality of climbing, there are far better places in Colorado.
    But it's so pretty!

I heard, even way up here from the grapevine, that the PI is no longer. Many times spent there.
    I think your grapevine has withered.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think your grapevine has withered.
    Not so. Sold to a developer. That's from a Ned Res from a week ago.

season change, change of time......

Last official cig of my life (yeah, I fucking cheated to finally win over) was outside PI, 11/27/07

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    As someone who semi-despises Boulder and has to visit family in Denver I couldn’t agree more.

Sundowner or Dark Horse for a dive bar or Avery Brewing for beer. Adam is a great guy.
    Definitely hit the downer to see where your kid will be making bad decisions and blowing your hard earned money.

I only go to Boulder for illegal Pete's. Never heard of all the places mentioned. Lol

Illegal Pete's is good and all, for a burrito shop, but it's hardly so good that it's worth driving to Boulder for. Not to mention there's a bunch in Denver and one in Ft Collins too.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not so. Sold to a developer. That's from a Ned Res from a week ago.
    well, it's still open for now.

If you need a break from the boulder scene, jump in the car for 15 minutes to Longmont. Tons of good breweries (Wibby, Grosenbart are personal faves), and a farmers market that isn't nearly the social shitshow of Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Avery Brewing for beer. Adam is a great guy.
    And a hell of a rock climber.

And their beer kicks ass.

I do like the fact that people are suggesting *Schlongmont* as an escape from Boulder.

Never thought I'd see that...

Longtucky has really pulled itself together in the last 10 years.

I prefer Longmontucky. Don’t get up much there anymore but it has changed a shit load last 10-15 yrs, almost livable

It's longtucky you idiot. Like rutvegas.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I always thought it was called wrongmont

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's longtucky you idiot. Like rutvegas.
    Keep it classy......

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Keep it classy......
    Schlong.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Southern Sun has really good poutine. It's one of my favorite post run meals in Boulder. Rincon Argentino has really good empanadas. Oak is IMHO the best fine dining restaurant in Boulder although admittedly I haven't eaten there in about 18 months. Make a reservation far in advance for parents weekend.

If the weather is good consider hiking up Green Mountain from Realization Point. It's easy and the views are awesome. For a bit more challenge start down at the Greggory Canyon trailhead. Remember to bring cash/check for paying for parking.

For a bit more of a challenge, Bear Peak from NCAR via Fern Canyon and down the West Ridge to Bear Canyon is my favorite hike/trail run in the front range. It's 8 miles and 3k feet of gain. Parking at NCAR is free.
    Love that Fern Canyon ascent and the short scramble up top.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6413.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	570.2 KB 
ID:	295353

Is Oak as loud/noisy when packed as some of the reviews say?

I was a tourist in Boulder a few weeks ago. I'll throw out "The Post" for a brewery that serves decent southern fried chicken. Lucile's is also a go to breakfast spot. Southern Sun has also been mentioned and is worth a visit, and good to pair with a stop to peruse Neptune and complain about the customer service.

But that's about all I got for ya, I generally avoid that town.