Thread: Jackson Recs?

Jackson Recs?

I have a trip to Jackson Hole for a conference and have the option of flying in a day early to ride the afternoon of 10/21 and morning of 10/22. I havent been to JH in 15 years, so have no idea about the riding infrustructure nowadays. The question is, would it be worth it to try and squeeze two rides in before having to work? I pedal up and down stuff in a fairly confident manner. Wont have a car and will be staying at the base village for the conference. What are my options? What are the must hit rides for a 24hr window?

I'm also assuming it wont be snowing and things will still be open. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PM Kanye

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Without a car you're limited to the resort or riding moose Wilson Rd if there is snow. If the lower elevations are clear of snow you have a lot of riding right there. Bring decent size pack and lots of layers. If there is snow at the village, it might be snow free on town. Catch the bus into town. Rent a bike at one of the shops and ride up to Cashe Creek - PuttPutt or snow King trails.

You will be limited to the Cache Creek/Snow King system, maybe up and down Phillips Ridge until you hit snow/mud, or Munger Mountain, assuming it is relatively dry (or frozen in the morning).
    There won’t be anything at the Village.
    If I’m free I could give you a ride to town and do some loops, if you want.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

the town busses have bike racks so you could get from Teton Village to ride the town trails (which as rideit mentioned will probably be the only area ridable) altho some of the lower JH trails may still be ridable which are only the "ok" ones relative to everything else
    hell you may be able to ski on the pass by then depending on weather so maybe keep tuned in or chk in on the Jackson conditions thread
    here's my husband's bike race from yesterday and then today was a beautiful 65* autumn day so conditions can, um, vary

it will be enjoyable regardless
    skid luxury

Is there any more video of when they hit the hiking trails?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Is there any more video of when they hit the hiking trails?
    ya I'll see if he will upload more soon. lots of good stuff. crashes galore
    skid luxury

rideit, that video is actually from Friday’s practice. We didn’t run the stage into Rock Springs and instead started with the Cirque Trail. Even with the weather, it was awesome. Stoke level was really high across the board.

I’m looking forward to seeing more videos too. I was stuck at the base all day. But I got to ride the course Friday; that was awesome.

Good info. Looks like I’ll play the weather by ear. Rideit—I’ll send you a message when we get closer and see if you’re free to play tour guide. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    rideit, that video is actually from Friday’s practice. We didn’t run the stage into Rock Springs and instead started with the Cirque Trail. Even with the weather, it was awesome. Stoke level was really high across the board.

I’m looking forward to seeing more videos too. I was stuck at the base all day. But I got to ride the course Friday; that was awesome.
    yes yes sorry this video is from fri not the race days (he's been in jellystone long days so why he hasnt uploaded more)
    although my point to the OP was that winter has already touched down here.
    keep an eye on this site which has better regional weather https://www.mountainweather.com/jack...hole-forecast/

I do think 50/50 chance it will still be good riding or decent ski touring so keep in touch
    skid luxury

Nice information.