Off Brand Photo Printer Replacement Ink

I have a Canon PIXMA Pro9000 photo printer. This time around I am considering buying non-Cannon brand compatible ink cartridges to save some money. Thought?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I have bought off brand HP printer cartridges; sometimes they don't work.
    We refill HP cartridges at Costco; sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Costco refunds if they don't work. I don't try to refill a second time. I always keep at least one HP branded cartridge in the house. I get very upset and anxious if I can't print out my NYT crosswords.

I just bought refills for my Canon MG7720 photo printer from Printer Ink Warehouse, they work fine. Only 2 print jobs so far

I guess you don't have W.B. Mason there?

I buy off brand cartridges for my HP and so far all is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Only reason I hesitate is because this is a photo printer so I want the ink to do its job well. Thanks for the replies!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Only reason I hesitate is because this is a photo printer so I want the ink to do its job well. Thanks for the replies!
    Yeah, different standard for photos and for crosswords.

Canon usually does not have the inkjet print head as part of their ink tank (like HP and a few others do- you see the circuit board and then the holes the ink comes out of)... So you are many times a bit better off from a standpoint of clogging or having the head not print all the rows of a print pass. If the company stands behind their cartridges (if they will exchange a cartridge that does not work out of the box, will repair or replace the printer if they do leak or fail and dump a full cartridge of ink inside the printer, are the only possible dangers with a poor cheap knock off.

The color maybe not quite the same intensity or brightness, or absorb into some paper types more than an original genuine cartridge also (but again only a slight chance...)

What is the savings you are talking about? as much as 1/2 the cost, or 1/3 the price? If it is not at least 20 or 25% savings, I'd say forget it unless you have a series of print jobs that you do not need good "photo quality" on.