WTB: Boost fork - Pike or Fox 34

Looking for a 140-150mm boost Pike or Fox 34. Probably need a 7.5" steerer at minimum. Budget is around $400.

Edit: 29" wheel size. This frame can run 27.5+ - not sure if there are some boost forks that make this easier than others, but if so, that's a bonus and not a requirement, as I have no idea when/if I will buy another wheelset.

Thanks!

Seth
    Last edited by sethschmautz; 09-21-2019 at 03:36 PM.

wheel size?

You can get a brand new one for $550...

https://www.levelninesports.com/fox-...SABEgK-o_D_BwE
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Edited original post for 29" wheel.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thanks!

I'm selling a Pike RCT3 boost 29", but the steerer is 6.6". Not sure if you can get away with the shorter steerer.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/57405548

You don't want a Fox34. Don't ask me how I know.

WTB: Boost fork - Pike or Fox 34

You want a Float 36. Ask me how I know.

edit: Used 36 > New 34
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

G man - that's too short, unfortunately. There were a couple other options on KSL, though. I forgot about KSL completely. Maybe one of them would be willing to ship.

I think the 36 would be nice, but probably more expensive and a bit heavier than I need. I'll look around, anyway.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    I think the 36 would be nice, but probably more expensive and a bit heavier than I need. I'll look around, anyway.
    I think a 34 with your weight will be a little too flexy. I know you're trying to save weight, and I agree the 36 is overkill for your build. I'd look for a Pike.

It'll probably be tough to find one at your price point, but if you can scoop up an MRP ribbon, do it.

Echoing that 34 is too flexy for your weight / new bike. I've got a 140mm 34 and notice it flexing. The GRIP1 damper it has feels pretty good for a budget damper, so I'd add the Marzocchi Z1 to your list of ones to look out for (uses same damper but costs a lot less).

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Echoing that 34 is too flexy for your weight / new bike. I've got a 140mm 34 and notice it flexing. The GRIP1 damper it has feels pretty good for a budget damper, so I'd add the Marzocchi Z1 to your list of ones to look out for (uses same damper but costs a lot less).
    Is Grip1 the same as in the Rhythm forks? Single sweep knob from full open through to lockout, adjust anywhere along the way (not just detent)?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Is Grip1 the same as in the Rhythm forks? Single sweep knob from full open through to lockout, adjust anywhere along the way (not just detent)?
    Yes. It's in Rhythm, Performance (not Performance Elite), and Marzocchi.

Thanks for the input, all. I ended up picking up a 2019 Pike RCT3 for $430 - just over my budget of $400. It had just been rebuilt including the 2019 debonair airspring. There were a few options for a little less $$, but also older Pikes. I put my old, non-boost pike on my wife's bike, so maintenance will share parts, oil, etc.

Seth

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    Yes. It's in Rhythm, Performance (not Performance Elite), and Marzocchi.
    Thanks. I had a 130 Rhythm 34 on my Ripley, which Mrs C now rides. I liked that fork. I'd buy another fork with Grip1, at the right price - seems like these pop up occasionally as OEM takeoffs for cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Thanks. I had a 130 Rhythm 34 on my Ripley, which Mrs C now rides. I liked that fork. I'd buy another fork with Grip1, at the right price - seems like these pop up occasionally as OEM takeoffs for cheap.
    Yeah, I snagged an OEM Performance takeoff at Bike-Discount.de for like $320. I've also seen a fair number of new or nearly new Rhythm or Performance 36 takeoffs on Pinkbike classifieds, usually for significantly less ($350-400 range) than GRIP2 equipped forks. Only knock against the Rhythm version (besides weight) is they use a slightly different air shaft assembly, which can be harder to source if you're changing travel or want to install aftermarket stuff like Luftkappe.