Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SPAM! buy from SlideWright

If you’re looking for mounting, tuning, fixing or waxing tools and equipment and stuff this fall you should buy it from SlideWright. Maggot owned and operated. You can get a Maggot discount. Mention my name for an extra 10% on your order.

www.slidewright.com
    Last edited by ~mikey b; 10-07-2021 at 10:18 PM.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    If you’re looking for mounting, tuning, fixing or waxing tools and equipment and stuff this fall you should buy it from SlideWright. Maggot owned and operated. You can get a Maggot discount. Mention my name for an extra 10% on your order.

www.slidewright.com
    He's the shit actually.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

^^^ Terry rocks ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Another big thumbs up for Terry.. Great service, great overall dude..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

and the 10% was a joke by the way, unless you really want to pay 10% extra....

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    and the 10% was a joke by the way
    Huh!
    Worked for me...

Excellent!

Terry is awesome. I buy things from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Yup!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Thumbs up

Been buying from him for years and never been disappointed. Terry rocks!
    Gravity Junkie

Xfinity does not like his webpage.
    I've sent messages to Terry in the past, but still can't get on his site without turning off my Protected Browsing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 8.48.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	294807

Terry rocks! Agree

Adding my vote for SW, and a bump.

Terry/Slidewright = Awesome!
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Great service!

Just another bump for Terry/Slidewright. Always got what I ordered and lots of good advice. Den

bump

Yup. Great service.

And the best tasting Spam!

Last edited by reckless toboggan; 11-09-2019 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

The best !!!
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Yup, he has personally answered questions I had in the past. Super solid mag.

Give him your monies.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Xfinity does not like his webpage.
    I've sent messages to Terry in the past, but still can't get on his site without turning off my Protected Browsing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-21 at 8.48.34 AM.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	294807
    This....
    Just went to go shopping right now.
    I'm no techy but i guess I'll figure out a way around it.

Thanks for the support, kudos and the heads up on this issue. I contacted our host and hope to resolve whatever triggers this BS. I already wear way too many hats and being on top of this stuff is not one of them.

Time for another corporate take down by the maggots so us little guys don't get buried by the internet overlords??

EDIT: I already took down one major TV overload today and am too exhausted to do another today.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

A couple notes from a similar issue reported last year regarding unknown issues from Comcast and xFinity:

"I just typed in Slidewright.com.
    I had to go my xfinity app and turn off my security feature.
    I was just shopping for some new waxing tools.
    I was able to get onto your site with my security turned off."

"Good advice from Andy, but the only people who know why Comcast are possibly blocking access are Comcast, so if there's actually a reproducible problem (i.e. that guy didn't just mis-spell the address or something) then you'll have to ask them.
    Maybe a good place to start would be to find some other Comcast users, shouldn't be hard with 25 million customers, and have them try. I don't see any visible problem with the site and our own internal and external malware scans come up clean."

So, are others seeing the same warning? If so are you xFinity and/or Comcast customers?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    A couple notes from a similar issue reported last year regarding unknown issues from Comcast and xFinity:

"I just typed in Slidewright.com.
    I had to go my xfinity app and turn off my security feature.
    I was just shopping for some new waxing tools.
    I was able to get onto your site with my security turned off."

"Good advice from Andy, but the only people who know why Comcast are possibly blocking access are Comcast, so if there's actually a reproducible problem (i.e. that guy didn't just mis-spell the address or something) then you'll have to ask them.
    Maybe a good place to start would be to find some other Comcast users, shouldn't be hard with 25 million customers, and have them try. I don't see any visible problem with the site and our own internal and external malware scans come up clean."

So, are others seeing the same warning? If so are you xFinity and/or Comcast customers?
    Not seeing any warning on my comcast connection. (Not using xfi though)
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Not seeing any warning on my comcast connection. (Not using xfi though)
    Thanks for checking in.

From my host:
    "I think you'd have to ask America's second most despised company (from dcpnz's PM) why they think that. Without any indication of what it is that they don't like, I can't think of any informed input I might have on the subject. A couple of minutes of search suggests false positives are not uncommon, for example:
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/e...net-neutrality

From link:
    Customers Say Comcast's Protected Browsing Is Blocking 'Dangerous' Sites Like PayPal and Steam
    The protected browsing feature that Xfinity offers by default is catching some everyday sites.

Comcast’s Xfinity internet customers have been reporting multiple websites, including PayPal, Steam, and TorrentFreak (which originally reported the story) have been getting blocked by the ISP’s “protected browsing” setting.

The “protected browsing” setting is designed to “reduce the risk of accessing known sources of malware, spyware, and phishing for all devices connected to your home network.” This, in general, isn’t a bad thing. It’s similar to Google Chrome’s security settings that warn you when you have an insecure connection:

But it’s odd that Xfinity’s security setting would be blocking perfectly harmless sites like PayPal. Multiple consumers have been reporting on Comcast’s forums and elsewhere that they’ve been blocked while trying to access sites that many people use every day. After posting about it on the forums, one user who said they couldn’t access PayPal said the problem with that particular site had been fixed.

I emailed Comcast’s press department but have not yet heard back. Users reported online that this setting isn’t a default—it has to be turned on—and the sites are unblocked once the setting is turned off, but it’s troubling to see buggy implementation of any ISP-based content blocking software in the wake of the net neutrality repeal.
    It could very well be that Xfinity’s security setting is just hypersensitive and blocking sites it’s not meant to. But if, for example, Comcast was purposely blocking sites like TorrentFreak, where readers can get information about file-sharing, because, oh, I don’t know, file-sharing eats into Comcast’s profits as a broadcaster, that would be something that anyone who has been concerned about the end of net neutrality has been warning about. With so much uncertainty and concern over the net neutrality repeal, and pending lawsuits against that decision, Comcast would do well to avoid anything that smells fishy.

Noticed a website blocked that you wouldn’t expect? Send me an email and I’ll check it out: kaleigh.rogers@vice.com"

Anyone know how to get an the good side of the xFinity messed up security?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com