Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    As an update, we're are now shipping this revised version:

Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post

thought for a future version: add a pencil/pen holder at the center point. easy enough for users to hack something but also seems worth consideration as a feature. may/may not be useful depending on ski shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    thought for a future version: add a pencil/pen holder at the center point. easy enough for users to hack something but also seems worth consideration as a feature. may/may not be useful depending on ski shape.
    I've had so many versions of this tool over the past few years, including a pencil 'groove'. The carpenter in me thinks the KISS rule is best and look at it like a square or tape measure and you can simply use an inverted 'V' tick mark at the center.

(On that note, I need to bump the price and convert the tools back to the original concept and preference of making tools out of wood. The 3d printer takes forever to make these, but is great for the parts like calipers and the prototyping for the handful of other installation tools I have cooking. I did a CNC run yesterday and have the dovetail groove dialed (I think) to basically add to this version. Plus I can laser more stuff (or add stickers) on the back like screw & bevel gauges, etc, etc...) Hopefully, I'll get some sanded, lasered and finished this week......but snow's comin' !

Last edited by Alpinord; 02-14-2022 at 08:46 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Ha, already moving on from the new design? I admire your innovator's approach.

Yeah, the pencil holder is far from necessary as we can all draw straight lines between two points (not to mention that mount zones don't have perfectly straight sidewalls/radii). KISS makes sense to me.

I've had so many versions of this tool over the past few years, including a pencil 'groove'. The carpenter in me thinks the KISS rule is best and look at it like a square or tape measure and you can simply use an inverted 'V' tick mark at the center.

(On that note, I need to bump the price and convert the tools back to the original concept and preference of making tools out of wood. The 3d printer takes forever to make these, but is great for the parts like calipers and the prototyping for the handful of other installation tools I have cooking. I did a CNC run yesterday and have the dovetail groove dialed (I think) to basically add to this version. Plus I can laser more stuff (or add stickers) on the back like screw & bevel gauges, etc, etc...) Hopefully, I'll get some sanded, lasered and finished this week......but snow's comin' !

Ordered. Guess we’ll see which version we get. All of which I hop lead to a couple fewer mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Order placed. Thank you for solving this first world problem. Mounting Warden 13 demos via paper template just got a lot quicker for me!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Order placed. Thank you for solving this first world problem. Mounting Warden 13 demos via paper template just got a lot quicker for me!
    Good to hear. I've been chewing on this for years and had to shelve a version I had run two years ago.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Well, the 3d printer sure opens up endless capabilities on top of the CNC & laser. I just put these guys through some paces to see what tweaks are needed to let them out in the wild:

Binding Freedom or Quiver Killer Stainless steel insert tap holder and stop, along with Binding Freedom or Quiver Killer Stainless steel insert installation tool:

I made a raw video and posted it on Instagram
    ......& FaceBook
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Wow. Awesome. Got mine this week and it looks great. Now I just need to buy more skis to have something to use it on

SPAM! buy from SlideWright

After way too many hours, prototypes, rejects & fails, I think I finally have our upgraded Binding Freedom/Quiver Killer tools & kit together:

Coming back from a ski it dawned on me how to resolve the continuing lack of a reliable drill and tap stops. These guys are bomber and you can screw in and out the drill bits and taps to set your depth, then tighten w/4mm bit:

Also, I'm working on an alpine kit featuring 4.1mm & 3.5mm drill bits, coupled with the stops so you can dial in your depths. Merlot colors are for alpine, blue for inserts & black can be used universally. The black stop works for insert taps, 5/16" bits (stepped, jig bits) & 8mm heli coil bits.

Last edited by Alpinord; 06-26-2023 at 07:56 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Alpinord, those look great

Yeah, will you sell those stops separately?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Alpinord, those look great
    Thanks! I'm psyched to finally get a few sourcing issues resolved with better solutions.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    Yeah, will you sell those stops separately?
    Yes, after I get more produced and can get onto the site work involved. I have another 3d printer coming will, be able to set up tasks and keep the thing running (I hope). Which stops are of interest? A set or individually?
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-24-2022 at 10:32 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Stops

I’d have gotten the kit a couple yrs ago for sure, but I’m stocked on most of those tools now

Yes, after I get more produced and can get onto the site work involved. I have another 3d printer coming will, be able to set up tasks and keep the thing running (I hope). Which stops are of interest? A set or individually?
    For my use case one (or a few) for 3.5/3.6mm and one (or a few) for 4.1mm

I'm a little concerned about the slipperiness of the printed material, judging by the centering tool. With a bit collar there's no room for error (movement).

But, yeah, just a set (with backups dep. on price) for standard ski drilling needs.

Edit: once you get these dialled it seems a perfect item to farm out to an injection moulding shop, imho.

Stops

I’d have gotten the kit a couple yrs ago for sure, but I’m stocked on most of those tools now
    maybe i'm missing the drift here...is "the kit" a kit of stops? or a kit of the mounting tools including centering & stop tools?

maybe i'm missing the drift here...is "the kit" a kit of stops? or a kit of the mounting tools including centering & stop tools?
    I started with the comprehensive kit and will break it into ‘a la carte’ options as I can. There are a zillion ‘sub-kits’ I could set up, but a PITA.

An alpine stop run is near completion. 4.1 and 3.5mm bits are due this week.

I have no idea what the real cost for setting up moulds for each stop (that’d be great) but I’ll bet I could set up a 3d printer farm for far less.

Sent via iPhone
    Slidewright.com
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

The SlideWright Wood Ski Centering Tool & Calipers is ready for prime time.

(Along with producing the other new tools and obligations, these may take a few days to get out the door if back ordered.)

And a Screw Length & Depth Gauge is planned for the back side. I'll get some stickers made for the plastic calipers too.

Last edited by Alpinord; 06-26-2023 at 08:29 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

....and the lasered version:

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

I might be one of the first people to be using the new Ski Centering Tool and I'm impressed. I've been forced to do a lot of freehand mounts this year and the most tedious process was finding center. Alpinord's new tool is excellent. Already used it on two mounts with great success. This is the biggest time saver I've found in my personal freehand mount process. It's dead on accurate and easy to use. Thanks again Terry for helping get me this tool a little early since I'm using it at least a few times a week up here in Silverton.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8661 Large.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	408216

T,

Any eta for backorder timing on the fancy laser etched one?

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    T,

Any eta for backorder timing on the fancy laser etched one?
    A couple more will be ready today. I expect to get a bunch that are already CNC'd, sanded, lasered and finished over the weekend.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I might be one of the first people to be using the new Ski Centering Tool and I'm impressed. I've been forced to do a lot of freehand mounts this year and the most tedious process was finding center. Alpinord's new tool is excellent. Already used it on two mounts with great success. This is the biggest time saver I've found in my personal freehand mount process. It's dead on accurate and easy to use. Thanks again Terry for helping get me this tool a little early since I'm using it at least a few times a week up here in Silverton.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8661 Large.jpeg 
Views:	160 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	408216
    Thanks! Glad it helps. It take out a lot of the guess work & math.

I think your 'freehand mount' comment sparked this DIY template 'assistant' idea.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

BAM

SPAM
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.