Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Since I can't PM pictures any more and in the interest of helping Alpinord sort out:

I get the screen above using XFi wireless on iPad

But I get this on my Mac:
    I'm a ski bum - don't have any idea what a website certificate is....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 12.58.06 PM.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	301637

I do not get that warning using Safari on my Macbook Pro with security set to look for fraudulent sites .

Attachment 301651
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I'd push your host for more help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

SPAM! buy from SlideWright

It's probably that the web services provider hasn't updated their server for a while. If SlideWrite owns their own server, then they just need to patch the web server to whatever the most current stable release is. If they don't, then they need to ride their ISP to do it. Secure browsing encryption protocols are all pretty vulnerable to exploits, and those have been mitigated by new protocols or new versions of protocols. SSL, and TLS are what they're called. Sometimes you can get around these issues by downgrading your browser to a specific version, but then you set yourself up for personal attack.

Edit: also, less likely, but there could be nothing wrong with the server version, and it could just be that the admin needs to rebuild and reissue the web server's encryption key. Like it's gone stale (92 days, according to the screenshot). It happens, but usually is a sign of a new server being set up and the admin forgot to finish configuring secure browsing encryption.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    It's probably that the web services provider hasn't updated their server for a while. If SlideWrite owns their own server, then they just need to patch the web server to whatever the most current stable release is. If they don't, then they need to ride their ISP to do it. Secure browsing encryption protocols are all pretty vulnerable to exploits, and those have been mitigated by new protocols or new versions of protocols. SSL, and TLS are what they're called. Sometimes you can get around these issues by downgrading your browser to a specific version, but then you set yourself up for personal attack.

Edit: also, less likely, but there could be nothing wrong with the server version, and it could just be that the admin needs to rebuild and reissue the web server's encryption key. Like it's gone stale (92 days, according to the screenshot). It happens, but usually is a sign of a new server being set up and the admin forgot to finish configuring secure browsing encryption.
    I sent this to our host and received this response"
    Really, the issue lies with Comcast's poor implementation of their "Protected Browsing" service. No idea how widely used it is, or whether it's opt-in or opt-out, but there's a ton of reports out there of false positives including such upstanding organizations as PayPal being blocked.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Well...a huge surprise is via Twitter, someone at Comcast responded pretty quickly and blew sunshine up my skirt. I can see the net result is no real change unless you know a question I should ask to get more under the hood:

Me: xFinity/Comcast is hurting our business by incorrectly blocking our site http://slidewright.com. How can we get their security to allow their users to access? There's a ton of reports out there of false positives including other upstanding organizations as PayPal being blocked.
    ComcastCares

Hey there, I apologize for the frustration. I just checked right now and your site is fully available and looks great I might add! If for some reason it is being blocked, you can follow the instruction in the image you sent to have that changed. Enjoy your day! -AT
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was surprised! It's not me that has the problem. It is others using xFinity that are showing our site as 'fraudulent' or 'suspicious'. Why would it look fine for you and not for others?

ComcastCares
    With the protected browsing, people can set their settings to various levels of security, with an extremely strict option being available, this will usually show the warning screen for sites that have specific security or firewall settings. There is a lot that goes into how the system determines which sites fall into what parameters. Things that get brought into consideration are, online transactions, web traffic levels, how often the particular user is visiting the site, how they came across it. The stricter the settings the more restrictive it gets. Does that sort of clear the air for you somewhat? -AT

Me: Thanks for the explanation. It's good to know. The person who alerted me to this characterized himself as 'not a techy'. This, unfortunately is true for a lot of people browsing who have no idea about their setting options or are afraid to 'mess them up'. At least I know, but this action has hurt our business and I'm sure others. Have a nice weekend.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Can’t recall ever having a good experience with Comcast. I don’t know what to tell you. You might ask Comcast to provide EXACT information on how to avoid being blocked. Pass that along to your provider. If they (your provider) say “out of my hands”, take your business elsewhere. At the very least they can report Comcast to the Better Business Bureau for malicious business practices. I’ve had to do it before and had good results. It’s within their means to create an exception for your website at all security levels.

Thanks. I passed that along to Comcast. Should start a pool on what they will or won't do?

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Can’t recall ever having a good experience with Comcast. I don’t know what to tell you. You might ask Comcast to provide EXACT information on how to avoid being blocked. Pass that along to your provider. If they (your provider) say “out of my hands”, take your business elsewhere. At the very least they can report Comcast to the Better Business Bureau for malicious business practices. I’ve had to do it before and had good results. It’s within their means to create an exception for your website at all security levels.
    Edit: I'll bet their final response without further action to create exception:

Thank you for your patience. To disable Protected Browsing on the xFi site, you would go to Network, and there Protected Browsing is available to enable or disable. The following has some useful information: https://comca.st/33SaWW1 Some may have XFi Advanced Security. Please see the following link for how to adjust the XFi Advanced Security setting: https://comca.st/2qWAqTJ -WS
    Last edited by Alpinord; 11-16-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Anyone know if there's a Cyber Monday code?

About to pull the trigger on a basket of $200+ stuff from slidewright.

Is there still a maggot discount, and if so what's the code?

Also Alpinord (if you're still around) hole plugs are on back order. Any guess on timeline to get some?

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

Also Alpinord (if you're still around) hole plugs are on back order. Any guess on timeline to get some?
    Check two posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    If you’re looking for mounting, tuning, fixing or waxing tools and equipment and stuff this fall you should buy it from SlideWright. Maggot owned and operated. You can get a Maggot discount. Mention my name for an extra 10% on your order.

www.slidewright.com
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

^^ "you can get a maggot discount".

How?? Assuming the mikey b name drop isn't it??

Wax recommendations for -6c to -16c with high static?

My go-to has been Dominator Zoom Graphite. But I’m open to recommendations.
    Last edited by gaijin; 10-08-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Again, a few posts up, the codes is listed in the signature...

Name:	JqO0Vkf.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	388302

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Again, a few posts up, the codes is listed in the signature...

Name:	JqO0Vkf.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	388302
    Don’t know if it’s the issue in this case, but signatures don’t show up on mobile app, just FYI.

Fix on the Way

Quote Originally Posted by joeshek View Post
    Don’t know if it’s the issue in this case, but signatures don’t show up on mobile app, just FYI.
    Just talked to Alpinord. He is in the desert and will not have internet service until he gets back to camp. He said he'll look at the issue and get it fixed later today.
    Gravity Junkie

that was a joke saying you could pay an extra 10% if you dropped my name but it sounds like it may have actually worked at one time

anyway buy from SlideWright

^^ aah, thanks. I use the app and it doesn't show signatures.

Hi guys. I’m a little out of pocket while camping in the desert. My son is also on a trip. The code should work, but I’ll check later. If not, mention it on your order and we’ll reimburse the difference. For plugs, if they aren’t in stock, end of next week ought to be when we get more. There are tons of mixed but we might be light on a couple colors, so order one shown in stock and mention your preferred color and we’ll get to you ASAP.

9” forecast for Silverton and Wolf Creek Tuesday!

Thanks Mudroom. Catch up with you soon.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Alpinord; 10-08-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

'Mudroom"? I'll excuse that momentary lapse of reason due to it being refreshment time in the high desert. Enjoy the meteor shower over Bears Ears.
    Gravity Junkie

hah hah

⛄️

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    'Mudroom"? I'll excuse that momentary lapse of reason due to it being refreshment time in the high desert. Enjoy the meteor shower over Bears Ears.
    Probably that fkn autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Probably that fkn autocorrect
    …that plus two beers down and distracted by a margarita handed to me at the time. Sorry bro.

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    …that plus two beers down and distracted by a margarita handed to me at the time. Sorry bro.

Yeah, the desert can really make you thirsty.
    Gravity Junkie