Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    tame video.....

Years back it was quite the weekend event, pre iphone days. We called it "piss cove" but i hung out on west side of lake near Ha Ha Tonka. Fresh, cool water inflow. Cool spot if ever in the area.
    I was there once. Meh. Mostly rich assholes, heavy handed Missouri law enforcement. With the ubiquitous Trump flags flying on the poseur boats nowadays it is probably even worse. Our local party cove died a slow painful death when they passed the BUI law, long after actual boat people stopped going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

People. People ruin everything.

Are outboard motors the new disposable razor blades?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    What are the specs? Twins, trips, diesel?
    70 mph burning 20GPH is unheard of, unless I am not understanding.
    Were you only looking at 1 Flow Scan readout? That is 3.5 miles per gallon.
    I know of a guy here with a single screw diesel Yanmar I/O that pushes almost 8 MPG, but he is not going anywhere near WOT at that economy. That is at cruise.
    I run a 20.5’ fish ski. Lol. Not in the same league as the big boats posted, or yours.
    225 Merc. Merc monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Something about 4 engines makes them smoke or what?

This was filmed a couple weeks ago with at least two guys I ski with in the line up. No smoke with all 900 horsepower running full titties...

or if you like ballet girls better (and who doesn't)

https://www.facebook.com/EvinrudeBig...2653595186788/
    Man the old joke about Evinrudes smoking really fell flat here didn’t it?

Would it have better if I had changed it to Mercs?

Riser, I hear ha about the loss of the swim platform with outboards as a big turn off. Searay had a real slick design a few years ago where you still had twin outboards but they were housed under the stern so you still had a full platform. I’m sure someone knows what I’m talking about.

Now they have one where the side of the hull folds down for a platform it seems.
    I still call it The Jake.

I remember seeing that Sea Ray at the boat show. It was a pretty cool concept an was supposed to be super quiet at speed.

https://www.boats.com/reviews/sea-ra...boards-inside/

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I run a 20.5’ fish ski. Lol. Not in the same league as the big boats posted, or yours.
    225 Merc. Merc monitor.
    Ahh gotcha- I remember those days- $200 filled the tank, and I could run it for a month before filling it again. The new beast is a little different animal than what you saw last time. Hope to be able to catch you next time. Come when the weather is nicer.

I kin fuel my kayak for a day with a Salami sandwich and a beer, no wonder you dentists are still working
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Some people have no idea what to do with themselves if they're not working. I'm not one of them.

I put about $200 in my boat's gas tank this summer, maybe $250 max, I can afford that. Boat's paid for, it costs me about 2 grand for the slip, and about $1500 to get it serviced, winterized, shrinkwrapped and stored until spring, less than $4 grand for the year, I could do it a lot cheaper but I can deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Ha
    So being Canadian I feel bad that you are such an asshole and so it would be customary for any real Canadian to day ... . Sorry

As opposed to calling in an air strike if I was American
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

xxx is a little feisty today I must say

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Some people have no idea what to do with themselves if they're not working. I'm not one of them.

I put about $200 in my boat's gas tank this summer, maybe $250 max, I can afford that. Boat's paid for, it costs me about 2 grand for the slip, and about $1500 to get it serviced, winterized, shrinkwrapped and stored until spring, less than $4 grand for the year, I could do it a lot cheaper but I can deal with that.
    $400 gets me half a tank. No shit. Lift is $500 a month. Maintenance is $250-$800 per year, depending on what needs doing. I wouldn't change a thing. We have 2 girls- 8 and 12. We don't go out too much. This is our entertainment budget.

Plus, my girls dance competitively. Boating is cheap.

Oh yeah, and boat is paid for. Nothing sadder than the guy who can't take it out because he didn't plan on storage, maintenance., gas, etc, when he signed the loan. No debt on toys is a motto I have been very lucky to be able to abide by.

$500 a month. Ooof . I've been thinking o moving it from a slip to a mooring, it would cut the rent in half but I'd need a dinghy.

I qualify for a free mooring but has to be no more than 100" from shore and it's shallow as shit there. Still pondering it though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I remember seeing that Sea Ray at the boat show. It was a pretty cool concept an was supposed to be super quiet at speed.

Conch 27 was the original. Fiberglass noise shield/ casting platform. Cut the noise down a ton.

I think that pic is of a more recent knock off- likely somebody bought the mold.

My boat has a very high transom area that effectively drowns out the noise of the 2 stroke Mercs on there. Pretty quiet for those engines.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post

Thanks, that’s it!

Really cool design I thought. Won boat of the year too from some mags if I remember correctly.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    So being Canadian I feel bad that you are such an asshole and so it would be customary for any real Canadian to day ... . Sorry

As opposed to calling in an air strike if I was American
    My mom was Canadien. I have every right to claim that citizenship also. That’s kind of irrelevant though.

I had no idea pointing out bad grammar would twist your panties so much. I apologize

Last weekend I went huntin. I seen three deers. Didn’t shoot nun though😀

Call me skeptical. So in another thread I talked about the Steiger Craft 25. I went to the Newport boat show to look at them. They're wxactly as adverised, no problems. Solid tough strong. etc.

But at the show I also looked at another boat that blew me away, it's so damn nice, and badass, and it's barely any (moar) money than the Steiger. Since the freaks that said they wanted to buy our house, didn't, it's all speculation for now. But when that fukn house sells (it may be a whiie, it's not currently on the market), this is the boat I would buy in the 25" range, for sure.

http://www.albemarleboats.com/25-express-edit

These boats had been on my radar for years but I thought it couldn't work financially but found out in Newport it might, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Ahh gotcha- I remember those days- $200 filled the tank, and I could run it for a month before filling it again. The new beast is a little different animal than what you saw last time. Hope to be able to catch you next time. Come when the weather is nicer.
    Bummed things didn’t line up for us this year, your new boat looks sick. We will be down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    My mom was Canadien. I have every right to claim that citizenship also. That’s kind of irrelevant though.

I had no idea pointing out bad grammar would twist your panties so much. I apologize

Last weekend I went huntin. I seen three deers. Didn’t shoot nun though��
    he's all worked up today for some reason, I wouldn't worry about it.

he's all worked up today for some reason, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Thanks. I didn’t know if I had made some major transgression here. Maybe he’s like this monthly?

Call me skeptical. So in another thread I talked about the Steiger Craft 25. I went to the Newport boat show to look at them. They're wxactly as adverised, no problems. Solid tough strong. etc.

But at the show I also looked at another boat that blew me away, it's so damn nice, and badass, and it's barely any (moar) money. Since the freaks that said they wanted to buy our house, didn't, it's all speculation for now. But when that fukn house sells (it may be a whiie, it's not currently on the market), this is the boat I would buy in the 25" range, for sure.

http://www.albemarleboats.com/25-express-edit
    That’s a super solid hull and better than a Alan Steiger build any day
    I bought a Parker 20 years ago. Same area that the Albemarle and the hull is a solid as the day I bought it. I just repowered this season and hope to ride it into the sunset.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1569026528.586097.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	294766

But when that fukn house sells (it may be a whiie, it's not currently on the market), this is the boat I would buy in the 25" range, for sure.
    So, sounds like your new house will have a nice bath tub to play with it in??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

um wut

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    That’s a super solid hull and better than a Alan Steiger build any day
    I bought a Parker 20 years ago. Same area that the Albemarle and the hull is a solid as the day I bought it. I just repowered this season and hope to ride it into the sunset.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1569026528.586097.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	294766
    I've thought about Parkers, a lot, I like them. The way they do the cabin in the walkarounds is just not what I want. But I love the company and their boats.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Man the old joke about Evinrudes smoking really fell flat here didn’t it?

Would it have better if I had changed it to Mercs?

Riser, I hear ha about the loss of the swim platform with outboards as a big turn off. Searay had a real slick design a few years ago where you still had twin outboards but they were housed under the stern so you still had a full platform. I’m sure someone knows what I’m talking about.

Now they have one where the side of the hull folds down for a platform it seems.
    here ya go

The only boat I didnt look at that I may regret not looking at was the Albemarle 28DC. I shied away cause it only has an 8'6" beam which seems small for solid boat like that.

My buddies 36' albemarle was sick. We put some air under the screws a few times.

Boats are pretty much the only thing I've given up on trying to reason the $ for. Been on unreliable boats for 30 years. Wanted to have something solid/mindless that starts up everyday and just runs.

I think I'd have buyers remorse if I financed it. never mind a 20 yr loan like some sick fuckers get.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk