Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Construction Question

This completely absurd property is for sale: https://chaseinternational.com/listi...89451/61668364

While it's slightly out of my budget, I'm curious as to how it got built. Mostly because it's perched on the side of a rocky hillside, and as far as I can tell, there aren't any roads that go to the house or the lower building (the boat house, or whatever it'd be called). So how does a house like that get built? Are all the materials dropped in with a heli? Brought in by boat? Aside from being absurdly expensive, that just seems impractical. Did they build an access road and then somehow reclaim it?

Here's the google maps view. No access roads that I can see: https://www.google.com/maps/@39.2354.../data=!3m1!1e3

Why have 4 car garage if no road?

Also prob boats, cranes, helis.....you can do some crazy shit when money is no problem.

Sure looks like there is an access road to the compound.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Looks like the highway around the lake touches the property. I'm sure there was plenty of earth work to build it and plenty of landscaping to cover up the earth work. Maybe I'm missing something. I've seen that house from a boat. It's very impressive. I'm sure the owner's private parts are HUDGE.

The driveway (and address) is right off of Highway 28.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    So how does a house like that get built? Are all the materials dropped in with a heli? Brought in by boat? Aside from being absurdly expensive, that just seems impractical. Did they build an access road and then somehow reclaim it?
    yes, to all of those

from a cynical perspective, impractical is the point...that's the luxury

So the main house was built in 1997, per the Chase listing. It's right on Highway 28, so no access issue.

If you go on Google Earth, and look at the satellite photo from April 2015, the lower house was under construction then. It appears that there is some kind of temporary dock structure in front of it. So looks like materials and equipment were primarily brought in by boat.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoomed Out.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	613.3 KB 
ID:	294613

Name:	Zoomed in.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	355.3 KB 
ID:	294614
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    The driveway (and address) is right off of Highway 28.
    The garage is right on the highway. But both the house and (especially) the boathouse are off the road with no apparent access to get something like a crane in. I doubt they were running drywall and large beams down to the site in those glass funiculars.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    So the main house was built in 1997, per the Chase listing. It's right on Highway 28, so no access issue.

If you go on Google Earth, and look at the satellite photo from April 2015, the lower house was under construction then. It appears that there is some kind of temporary dock structure in front of it. So looks like materials and equipment were primarily brought in by boat.

Nice sleuthing. That's impressive that they were doing it by boat. That's some serious commitment to being fuck you rich.

Ah, I see what you're asking. Boat and crane.

There is some kinda realtors video of that place online.
    Begs question, why do all that...and then NOT live in it????
    RichFuks

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Definitely fuck you rich, for sure. I wonder whose LLC owns it. If I remember correctly, Ellison's house was in Incline. So pretty sure it's not his.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

There is a car in the upper left corner of this picture.

Name:	12_4_gallery.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	294622

You get your own tram...
    https://youtu.be/fX2mth3ERR0

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

It's been on the market for 807 days. I bet if you offered $74,000,000 you'd get it.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Ask the chat bot that pops up on the website?

Definitely fuck you rich, for sure. I wonder whose LLC owns it. If I remember correctly, Ellison's house was in Incline. So pretty sure it's not his.
    "This legacy family home belongs to sellers Stuart and Geri Yount, chairman and CEO of Fortifiber, a family-owned business that sells building materials."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

That yellowish thing with linear black shadow coming off of it is a crane. Barge pulls up with material, slang it with that crane up to the house. Rinse repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    "This legacy family home belongs to sellers Stuart and Geri Yount, chairman and CEO of Fortifiber, a family-owned business that sells building materials."
    Missed that. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    That yellowish thing with linear black shadow coming off of it is a crane. Barge pulls up with material, slang it with that crane up to the house. Rinse repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Oh yeah. I see it now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post

Yep. Cheaper than working off the road.

You want to move a lot of material for the lowest cost, do it with a barge or a rail.

Toast,

Just spoke w/my bank, and got pre-approved to pay the taxes for 1 year. 15-yr fixed is doable for me if I can crash there once in a while.

LMK if that helps w/your decision.

I'm in for $10k on the group buy. Those annual property taxes are gonna be a bitch, though.

I'm pretty amazed it's okay to barge construction materials across Lake Tahoe.

egad those people have terrible tastes in their textiles though

Let's spend tens of millions on an amazing home but let's use our old JCPenney bed spreads in every room
    skid luxury