Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    One reason is that maybe they are not that confident in the category and their knowledge in the category and are afraid to lose too much- difference is many times $1000 - $1000 for 3rd place, $2000 of course for 2nd place finish.
    I think many people who get on Jeopardy are just risk averse. But I agree with old goat that it doesn't make sense to hold back when it's your only shot. There aren't a lot of people out there who have the knowledge base and iron balls like James Holzhauer had.

James Holzhauer might still be there if he really wanted to be. It really looked to me like he just bowed out when he lost. He had enough money to guarantee the win but bet more than that and got the question wrong. I really think he just wanted to cash in his chips and go home..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    James Holzhauer might still be there if he really wanted to be. It really looked to me like he just bowed out when he lost. He had enough money to guarantee the win but bet more than that and got the question wrong. I really think he just wanted to cash in his chips and go home..
    The honey-do list had gotten too long. Wax rings don't change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    What, that isn’t how he lost. He was behind going into final jeopardy and missed the question. Regardless, the person who was in the lead answered the final jeopardy question correctly.

Of course Holzhauer didn't lose intentionally. Dude is a professional gambler. He's not going to take a knee on that kind of easy money.

Did not see it last night, but now #2 in all time win streak...

Quote Originally Posted by doubleeject View Post
    What, that isn’t how he lost. He was behind going into final jeopardy and missed the question. Regardless, the person who was in the lead answered the final jeopardy question correctly.
    he was behind but actually got it right; it didn't matter what he bet though because Emma (who was leading) bet enough to win if she got it right and she did- here's what happened and James' strategic betting, hedging against the 3rd place player: https://www.actionnetwork.com/entert...ecord-run-2019 He did not lose on purpose.

SumJong- are you thinking of Cliff Clavin?

Didn't James get the Final Jeopardy question wrong in the last GOAT game? Or is my memory failing me. In any case, I'd like to see a rematch of the GOAT. Brad kind of screwed it up by getting so many DD's and then missing them. Drop him, replace him with Amy/

Quote Originally Posted by doubleeject View Post
    We're both wrong. He was behind.. he did get the question right, but didn't bet nearly enough to win..

Relatively low post count.

Amy’s kryptonite has been final jeopardy and it finally caught up her tonight. She was a great champ but painful to see her go out on such an easy final question

Wow. Can’t believe she lost on such an easy question. One of the easiest I’ve seen in a while.

Good run.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I thought it was an easy one too. The glasses guy’s face was priceless when he realized he won
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Wow. Can’t believe she lost on such an easy question. One of the easiest I’ve seen in a while.
    I didn't get it, either. Exactly the kind of clue I hate.

Country that ends in an “h” and one of the most populous in the world?

That’s basic geography.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Country that ends in an “h” and one of the most populous in the world?

That’s basic geography.
    Well you still have to go through a mental list of countries that it could be and light on the correct one. That's the shit I hate. It's not like Amy (or I) don't know of Bangladesh's existence or that it's populous--we just couldn't pull it in time.

Also seemed kind of strange they let the new champ slide with his "Barney the Dinosaur" answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Well you still have to go through a mental list of countries that it could be and light on the correct one. That's the shit I hate. It's not like Amy (or I) don't know of Bangladesh's existence or that it's populous--we just couldn't pull it in time.
    Yea. I suck at most other categories but geography is my best. For high Population areas I just think India, then think about the surrounding countries.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

I thought the population hint really narrowed the possibilities but given the circumstances and that she has missed a lot of final jeopardy answers not too surprising she whiffed on it. She just hasn’t be catchable on earlier misses.

I think in general jeopardy has had much more difficult questions this year. There have been some real esoteric ones that weren’t very common at all under Alex

Ill miss Amy. She was a really good champ. It will be interesting to see the ToC w all the recent mega champs

As predicted since her appearance on another show, her streak ended with Ken's longest number of days win streak in tact. She has missed a number of final Jeopardy questions recently, but always was a run away and had a pretty big lead and it only cut into her winnings and average.

I did not get the answer in time and ran through a number of countries ending in a and n.... Only one of them got it right and he had made the big double jeopardy move.
    Last edited by RShea; 01-27-2022 at 07:02 AM.

I had to avoid this thread last night. Didn't want to totally spoil it for anyone out west who hadn't seen it or the other social media posts about her finally being done..

Yesterday morning the news was on the home page of the NYT on line--near the top, no way to miss it. I immediately canceled my subscription and signed up for OAN.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yesterday morning the news was on the home page of the NYT on line--near the top, no way to miss it. I immediately canceled my subscription and signed up for OAN.
    It was? I look at the NYT website pretty religiously and didn't see it. I was pretty amazed I didn't get spoiled before the show.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It was? I look at the NYT website pretty religiously and didn't see it. I was pretty amazed I didn't get spoiled before the show.
    It was in the front page of CNN yesterday before the show aired on the west coast.

Pretty annoying. I was watching thinking “how will she blow this lead?”

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FAKE NEWS!!! Amy is still the champion and totally won. STOP THE STEAL!!!