Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    I like having Ken back as host, he seems way more comfy now - I'm sure with the benefit of seeing others go now but he didn't have it easy as the first to host after Alex

I think he is the worthy successor and now after the Mike Richards debacle maybe the outrage about his questionable tweets have faded.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My wife thought he looked like Fortune Feimster.
    lol
    skid luxury

Yes, Ken is so much better than Mayim it's not even funny. He's quick and engages with the contestants so much better than she does. And she's just so fucking frumpy. It seems like she almost goes out of her way to look unattractive.

Yes, Ken is so much better than Mayim it's not even funny. He's quick and engages with the contestants so much better than she does. And she's just so fucking frumpy. It seems like she almost goes out of her way to look unattractive.
    For Modern Orthodox Jewish she's pretty darn glamorous. BUT OMG she really must do something about that hair darling.

W/r/t her frumpy look: she wrote an op-ed some time back where she described dressing frumpily to avoid attention from men. She caught a lot of flack for it. I thought she was fine as a host once I gave her a chance, for whatever it's worth.

Also, I'm stoked that Jennings is back. He's very good.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I like having Ken back as host, he seems way more comfy now - I'm sure with the benefit of seeing others go now but he didn't have it easy as the first to host after Alex

I think he is the worthy successor and now after the Mike Richards debacle maybe the outrage about his questionable tweets have faded.

lol
    I think if Richards wasn’t trying to game host selection for himself, Ken would have been the permanent host from the get go and there wouldn’t even have been all the guest hosts. Maybe.

I think Ken’s great. He’s funny and super quick witted. He definitely has been practicing host skills in the interim and it shows. He doesn’t have the best broadcast voice, but I think his report and personality is really genuine. I hope he gets the gig

It also seems like the questions this week , especially the finals, have been much more difficult and esoteric. Maybe a little Ken production influence? I like it.

Some good multi-win champs this season. This current guy has some skills and not afraid of going all in on his bets
    Last edited by mcski; 11-12-2021 at 09:28 PM.

Last night was tough IMO. But then I'm always amazed by how they miss such easy questions, until I remember that the easy stuff that I grew up with happened well before the contestants were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    W/r/t her frumpy look: she wrote an op-ed some time back where she described dressing frumpily to avoid attention from men.
    Trust me: it's not something she really needs to worry about.

I think both the hosts are improving and getting to be more comfortable. Not sure how many weeks they will be switching them up, but they each have a bit different qualities that they will be fine moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I think if Richards wasn’t trying to game host selection for himself, Ken would have been the permanent host from the get go and there wouldn’t even have been all the guest hosts. Maybe.
    I think that’s plausible.
    It was probably intimidating af to be the first guest host too though
    So Ken sorta whiffed on his first go-round and I bet Mike Richards was not heart broken about that
    I’d bet that Ken stays in this role thoygh. That would be my vote
    skid luxury

I'm not sure why people think being the Jeopardy host is a great job. Sounds boring, although it does pay well--but a number of the people who supposedly wanted the job didn't seem to need the money. Although the money for endorsing reverse mortgages is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not sure why people think being the Jeopardy host is a great job.
    a seven figure, 1 day a week job certainly helps
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    a seven figure, 1 day a week job certainly helps
    Yeah, they tape 46 days per year. That's a schedule I could handle.

Making big strides for inclusion and acceptance..

Oakland Trans Woman Heads Into Monday Night's 'Jeopardy!' a Three-Day Champion
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The contestants in the current professor's tournament are pretty weak so far- not just on responses, but betting too (I mean geez if you are going for a wild card in the first round and have less than $12,000ish going into final J! there is no point in betting less than everything). (average amounts needed for wildcard entry addressed here https://thejeopardyfan.com/2017/03/s...ild-cards.html )

Yeah, they tape 46 days per year. That's a schedule I could handle.
    Never really thought about this until this week. But, I guess the contestants (and host) gotta show up there with a whole week's worth of clothes because a contestant could win and do multiple shows but gotta look like it's a different day than it was an hour ago LOL.

Also, they have to bring enough people on set for the scenario that the champ loses every time... but if the champ wins there's 3 other people there who don't get to play until next week because the same person kept winning and didn't leave.

I'm fine with Mayim and Ken running the games. FWIW Mayim's demeanor is more like Tiribeks.. Kinda condescending with the pronunciations and trivial corrections. Dry, sometimes missing the mark humor. All good though.

What do you expect from people who opt for the security of tenure instead of being a professional bettor, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Never really thought about this until this week. But, I guess the contestants (and host) gotta show up there with a whole week's worth of clothes because a contestant could win and do multiple shows but gotta look like it's a different day than it was an hour ago LOL.

Also, they have to bring enough people on set for the scenario that the champ loses every time... but if the champ wins there's 3 other people there who don't get to play until next week because the same person kept winning and didn't leave.
    Yes, they tell you to bring in things like a jacket or a sweater so you can put it on or take it off and get a new outfit out of it.

My recollection of how they handle the variable number of contestants is they typically shoot two days per week and the second day they bring in a few locals who may or may not get on the show, but who they could call back later.

Unless the rare situation occurs where there is no returning champion, there will be the same number of new contestants each week regardless of how long any 1 individual is champion. Every episode has two new players.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post

I'm fine with Mayim and Ken running the games. FWIW Mayim's demeanor is more like Tiribeks.. Kinda condescending with the pronunciations and trivial corrections. Dry, sometimes missing the mark humor. All good though.
    if you read Ken Jennings book, "Brainiac" he talks about the procedures of the show and how it works. Bob Harris also had a good but older book on his time playing "Prisoner of Trebekistan"
    as AD etc mentioned, they has people bring 5 days worth of clothing in case they continue to win and can change to tape in the same day
    They also do keep a group of locals or regional folks for fill-ins. I think that is why you would see a lot of CA players during covid lockdown times

This professors tourney is not that strong so far- I want to get back to regular play and watch more Amy! Can't believe nobody got the Final tonight either. it was an easy one for me. I won't spoil it in case OG and the Pacific timers have not yet watched
    skid luxury

Yeah, that was a shocker that no one got it. It wasn't instant for me though.

The highlight of the Professor's Tournament is them always being so certain and confident in their answers before she tells them it was incorrect LOL!

Ready for Amy to come back and kick some more ass.

Ready for Amy AND Ken! Mayim hasn't been terrible, but I think Ken is just so much more in tune with the game.

Seen on the bird site:

hope you Jeopardy fans watch today’s episode- there’s a special category for you
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    hope you Jeopardy fans watch today’s episode- there’s a special category for you
    I ran that category last night
    skid luxury