Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I've noticed her hands, too.

She's 23 apparently. Kid's got some serious knowledge. I think what's going to hurt her in the tournament is her relative timidity. She never goes all-in.
    I am surprised at her knowledge of things like USA since she is from Canada. She more than 1 time has come up with a correct answer that I did not even know about a US State, or something that I feel would be sort of obscure for a Canadian to learn about and she must be very well read or done some tremendous amount of studying at some point on USA or US various States information and knowledge.

That discussion was had at our place last night. She does have good knowledge of the US but that is pretty standard for on tune Canadians, UD TV and other media is always around and depending on where you live your cable package growing up cab come from almost anywhere. In Alberta I had network TV from Spokane and Detroit growing up now it is Spokane, Seattle, Detroit and Rochester. The discussion here was the lack of knowledge on non-US history for the other players.

Is Amy Farrah Fowler still host? I'll start watching again when Ken comes back

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Is Amy Farrah Fowler still host? I'll start watching again when Ken comes back
    Ken is hosting currently. Not sure when Blossom's next stint is.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    That discussion was had at our place last night. She does have good knowledge of the US but that is pretty standard for on tune Canadians, UD TV and other media is always around and depending on where you live your cable package growing up cab come from almost anywhere. In Alberta I had network TV from Spokane and Detroit growing up now it is Spokane, Seattle, Detroit and Rochester. The discussion here was the lack of knowledge on non-US history for the other players.
    She is from Halifax originally, and now lives in Toronto, and also some time growing up in Calgary, and other parts of Canada so maybe some Buffalo TV or Rochester across the Lake. But again at the age of 23...

True, I keep forgetting how young she is. Vast base of knowledge for that age.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    True, I keep forgetting how young she is. Vast base of knowledge for that age.
    Her age maybe showed a bit in the 1980's TV shows category. She I think did answer one of the 5 but mostly stayed off the buzzer for most of them.

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

super interesting game tonight.
    I don’t want to have any spoilers if the Californians haven’t watched yet but it was a good one. lmk when we can talk about it
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    super interesting game tonight.
    I don’t want to have any spoilers if the Californians haven’t watched yet but it was a good one. lmk when we can talk about it
    Another spoiler alert.. STOP HERE

GMA kiss of death this morning..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Last 2 nights were good- One with exactly double the closest opponent (she smartly did the $1 bet) and then a second night of not a run away lead going into the Final so more of a challenge.

Spoiler for sure:

Why does GMA do that and not wait until the episode airs ?? (I hardly ever watch GMA- especially now that Michael S is on it, not a fan of his)

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Last 2 nights were good- One with exactly double the closest opponent (she smartly did the $1 bet)
    She could have bet the same amount as the second place opponent, less $1, and still have the same chance of winning. Of course, that would put more money at risk, but I think winning is more important. Very timid bet.

She has an amazing store of knowledge, but I think her betting strategy needs some work.

Close call last night, citizen Kane FTW!

Here’s an interesting stat for you… Ken Jennings never went into Final Jeopardy in second place. Even when he finally lost, he was in the lead.

I went a while without watching regularly, but started watching again a couple months ago. Mattea's run has been really fun to watch, I really thought last night was going to be it.

Quote Originally Posted by present tense View Post
    Close call last night, citizen Kane FTW!
    I'm impressed not only by Mattea's knowledge of Americana but by her knowledge of boomerana. Citizen Kane was obviously a pre boomer film but we watched a lot of 30's and 40's films in the 60's and 70's. I don't get the impression 20 somethings are watching that old stuff as much as we did. That FJ was a snap for me.

I’ve never seen Citizen Cane- it’s $3.99 to rent- is it worth the watch?
    Or am I good now that I read the synopsis and can answer Jeopardy questions about it
    skid luxury

I don't get the love for Citizen Kane. Not the best movie ever IMO.

Spoiler alert...don't scroll down if you don't know.

Mattea lost tonight. The final Jeopardy answer was The Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. I knew it because during instrument checkrides a favorite question among instrument examiners was to have us find some obscure piece of information in the IFR Supplement for the Atlanta airport. Airports are listed in alphabetical order but the airport in Atlanta is under the Ts ("The Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport) not under A or H.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I’ve never seen Citizen Cane- it’s $3.99 to rent- is it worth the watch?
    Or am I good now that I read the synopsis and can answer Jeopardy questions about it
    It's the greatest movie in the history of American cinema. Or so the film nerds say. I think a lot of that is based on some camera stuff and editing that was innovative at the time but which a present day viewer might not notice because they've been so widely adopted. It's worth $3.99 if you like watching old classic movies. I know all of the old movies I used to think were great back in the day--all that Bogart and Cagney stuff and the like--seems awfully trite to me today. If you don't want to watch it let me know and I'll PM you what "Rosebud" means. In case that ever shows up on Jeopardy.

And what's with people posting the results the same day. As soon as you say spoiler alert people know what it means. Or in my case I saw it inadvertently after I posted my previous post. And what's the point of posting it. People who have already seen the show know, people who haven't don't want to. Banning offense IMO.

Banning offence? LOL

I suscribe to MotoGP streaming and watch all the GP sessions, as many of the Moto2/3 sessions as time allows and all three races. I know to avoid racing threads on the aprilia forum, Crashnet and FB until I have seen the last race.

I would expect to see "spoilers" in a thread about Jeopardy and avoid it if I was going to watch later.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And what's with people posting the results the same day. As soon as you say spoiler alert people know what it means. Or in my case I saw it inadvertently after I posted my previous post. And what's the point of posting it. People who have already seen the show know, people who haven't don't want to. Banning offense IMO.
    I used to wait until after 8:00 PM Pacific time, I think most West Coast stations have Jeopardy broadcasted by then?? Pretty much just have to avoid this thread until the next day as stated the do not scroll down, spoiler alert just does not work.

Well, since the cat's out of the bag.. I was waiting til I was sure left coast broadcast was over but anyway.. Person who got the final right was from Atlanta of course..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Totally forgot about the Jackson part of the airport name, hence biffed tonight's Final Jeopardy. I couldn't come up with anything.

While I agree people should wait until the next day- why not just wait til you've watched today's show to look at this thread? I never do.

And once again, I can’t figure out the betting strategy of either Mattea or the other player. The other player didn’t simply bet everything, but bet some smaller amount. And then Mattea bet JUST ENOUGH to lose by $1! If she would have bet less, she would have won. I can’t figure out how they both decided to meet at that number?