Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I like the show much better with Ken hosting than Mayim. I'll still watch, but I won't really care too much if I miss episodes with her hosting.

I also would never say that Alex Trebek was bland. He had his own style and I think some people won't be satisfied with any host who isn't Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I like the show much better with Ken hosting than Mayim. I'll still watch, but I won't really care too much if I miss episodes with her hosting.

I also would never say that Alex Trebek was bland. He had his own style and I think some people won't be satisfied with any host who isn't Alex.
    By bland I mean that he didn't do anything that annoyed people. Until the last season or two when he started to get a little wordy--there was definitely an uptick in the number of rounds that didn't finish, which is pretty rare now. Maybe that's on the hosts or maybe there's some other reason.

I still miss Aaron Rodgers. Maybe Brady came out of retirement because he was hoping for a shot at the Jeopardy job and they said no.

See y'all in July when Ken is back.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Right behind you

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oof. What a drop in play from Matea. And The Great Gatsby as a Renaissance poem name? WTAF and she looked surprised it was incorrect lmao. I liked the dudes over the top reactions but he played terribly. The third chick was kinda hot

Blossom annoys me more the more she hosts, but I’m glad RideShare Guy pulled off the win today. Hope he has a decent run

Ryan was steaming up his glasses all game
    skid luxury

Still baffled as to why Ryan was essentially driving an Uber. He seems smart enough to do just about anything. Surely he could make more money doing something else... besides Jeopardy that is...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Had he worn glasses in previous games? Didn’t seem like it but my I didn’t notice them since they weren’t in full fog mode

Ryan is one of my fave champs ever. Super humble And grateful guy that has quietly put together a really strong run.

Super glad this guy is winning life changing money and does something cool w it

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Still baffled as to why Ryan was essentially driving an Uber. He seems smart enough to do just about anything. Surely he could make more money doing something else... besides Jeopardy that is...
    Because life and wealth is all about luck and not intelligence? At least thats what I get from reading most posts on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Had he worn glasses in previous games? Didn’t seem like it but my I didn’t notice them since they weren’t in full fog mode
    I read an interview where he said had forgotten them for the prior week tapings. He said at one point that he couldn’t really see one of the pictures going along with one of the daily doubles- but he got it right
    skid luxury

Jeopardy thread- LETITSNOW

I just read that too. And one clue pic he couldn’t see and just took a guess but not correct. Glad to have the glasses mystery solved other than why they fogged up. I’ve never seen that on tv like that

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I just read that too. And one clue pic he couldn’t see and just took a guess but not correct. Glad to have the glasses mystery solved other than why they fogged up. I’ve never seen that on tv like that
    As for the glasses fogging, first off they are under hot lights for the set and filming. He is also a pretty good sized guy and it would not take much to get a bit of perspiration and fogging behind the lenses.

Low score this eve, but I’m stoked to see Ryan still raking it in
    So much harder when they have 2 answer questions too. I always wonder how the clue crew decides to go with a 2+ answer question
    skid luxury

Ya low score tough game. Glad he didn’t have to wager in the final and glad he made it to double digits. Super cool

The best thing about last night's game was the guy on the end's sasquatch shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The best thing about last night's game was the guy on the end's sasquatch shirt!
    Yes! thank you for reminding me of that
    skid luxury

Didn't catch the sasquatch shirt. I need a bigger better TV.
    (Although more for watching hockey than Jeopardy.)

Still could be a spoiler for a few so....

First time I believe for Ryan having a tough opponent and trailing going into final Jeopardy. Should not be a spoiler to those on the West Coast, but if you do not watch it live and record it it could be, so will not state the outcome of the Final Jeopardy with the contender wagers and either got the final right or wrong answer...

Sasquatch shirt was fantastic and the dude went out w some flair as well!

Last night was a great final. Thought that was gonna be it for him until the other guy whiffed on what I thought was a relatively easy final

One thing is clear--Ryan watches a lot of TV.

The fix is in.

Ryan gets down on himself for going small on daily doubles but his betting in FJ has won him at least 2 games that he should have lost, where he trailed going into Final and answered wrong. And while he isn't winning huge, his conservative betting has kept his streak going. I think he's up to 8th all time consecutive regular play games won.

Was glad he won last night. Going into final, I wondered what the betting strategies would be and they didn’t disappoint. That was a tough final

I thought it was easy--and I thought everyone knew Waterloo was a land battle--but then I read about Trafalgar in the newspaper at the time it happened.